Kjatan

Rank 2
Kjatan
PostedFeb 05, 2012 1:09 am

Renaming the Castle

Never, is once too many.
I've been trying to use the rename feature in the Overview to rename my Castle, but every time I press "Save" it tells me that I have tried to change it too frequently. I have not had the opportunity to change it even once, and I've given it more than 24 hours since my last attempt.

How long does it expect me to wait?

Is there something I don't understand?

Any suggestions?

Many remark justice is blind; pity those in her sway, shocked to discover she is also deaf.
Advertisement

Saveric

GameSage: Aeria Browser
Saveric
PostedFeb 06, 2012 3:06 am
I did a test to see how long it'd take. 24hours was how long it took before it let me rename mine again after renaming it.

What are you trying to rename it as? Are you using any special characters or spaces?

ramsisthe3rd

Rank 5
ramsisthe3rd
PostedFeb 06, 2012 8:53 pm
Yea, I think it is 24 hours Saveric.

I think you need to check the characters you use. You cannot have any numbers of any sort. It has to be letters. Nether can you have any other sort of formatting.

Hope that helps.

Former Game Sage for Alliance of Valiant Arms. Member of the AVA community for 5 years

Kjatan

Rank 2
Kjatan
PostedFeb 08, 2012 6:16 am
It wasn't a complicated name or anything. Just Styx, as in the River Styx. I got it to work, but I had to wait for a full game clock cycle to occur before I could do anything. Meaning, approximately 30-36 hours of actual wait time.

I'm not sure what the complication was, but at least it worked out eventually :/

Many remark justice is blind; pity those in her sway, shocked to discover she is also deaf.

ramsisthe3rd

Rank 5
ramsisthe3rd
PostedFeb 08, 2012 7:39 am
Hmm, This is the first case like this I have heard of thus far.

Lets wait to see what my buddy Saveric has to say about it before I give my own opinions Very Happy

Former Game Sage for Alliance of Valiant Arms. Member of the AVA community for 5 years

Kjatan

Rank 2
Kjatan
PostedFeb 08, 2012 7:39 pm
I'm not exactly sure of the total time I waited, it is possible that I "waited" 48 hours and simply managed to confuse it twice 24 hours apart. If that's the case though, then it's really sensitive and that's frustrating on its own

Saveric

GameSage: Aeria Browser
Saveric
PostedFeb 08, 2012 7:47 pm
Even if you keep the city the same name when you click save if it's not on cool down it will turn on the cool down as if you had edited it and then saved. Clicking the link when it says Save will start the cool down timer.

So say you clicked edit and then couldn't think of a name at the time then clicked save to come back to it later would trigger the 24 hours.

If you were clicking too fast and double clicked where the edit button was after clicking it the first time and it became the save button it would activate the 24 hours.

If you click edit on accident and aren't actually changing it you can click the X for overview and it won't activate the timer.

Could of been one of the above that possible happened. But yeah the wait time is only 24 hours from last time the save button was pressed.

ramsisthe3rd

Rank 5
ramsisthe3rd
PostedFeb 08, 2012 8:53 pm
Ahh Thanks, that clarifies it for me too, I thought it was just a 24 hour wait time in general.

<3 Saveric Very Happy

Kjatan

Rank 2
Kjatan
PostedFeb 12, 2012 2:21 am
It's definitely possible that I double clicked the edit button. I'm using the touch pad, and it over reacts fairly often.

ramsisthe3rd

Rank 5
ramsisthe3rd
PostedFeb 12, 2012 11:44 am
Lol well there we go Very Happy problem solved.

Posted By Aeria Mobile