GMLeo

GameMaster: USA
GMLeo
PostedFeb 02, 2012 2:03 pm   Last edited by GMLeo on Mar 02, 2012 7:20 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Community Volunteers - Game Sage (February)

Follow all posted instructions!
Hi there players! It's time again to open our GS applications! I look forward to reading over your applications, but I must warn you - fill them out properly, or I might get mad:

...and trust me, mad Leo is not fun Leo!

To learn more about the program, please visit:
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=28997

This post is ONLY for applications!!
Please post feedback here:
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1478191
Anything that is not an application will be removed from this thread without warning.

To those applying,
Please fill out the following form and post it in this topic.

Main IGN: ****
Other IGN's: ****
Server and Faction: ****
Time Zone (Optional): ****
Languages (Optional): ****
RT Number with Part 2 (Required to do, Optional to post):****

A. What community contributions have you made that shows you would make a good game sage?

B. What experience do you have running/hosting organizational events?

C. What experience do you have helping people find solutions to their problems?

D. What experience do you have with our forum community?

E. Please give a short description of what you think a good GameSage does.

F. Why do you want to be a GameSage for THIS game (and not another)?

Also do not forget part 2 of the application:

Do not post it in this topic.

Superman0X wrote:
Apply using the contact us form. Choose the appropriate game. Include the following information:

1. Your Aeria Games Account.
2. The Team/Game/Server that you are applying for.
3. Your IGN for the Game you are applying for.
4. The Level/Class/Clan/Side of your character?
5. How Long have you been playing the game ?
6. The Server you are applying for?
7. What is your YIM (Yahoo IM)or YIM compatible ID?
8. Have you ever been banned, or had disciplinary action taken against you. If so, explain.
9. What existing GS(s) is willing to endorse you?
10. Which of these GS would be willing to train you, if you are chosen?
11. Are you willing to stop all level/equipment/character advancement, so that you have time for GameSage Duties?
12. Are you willing to change servers/sides if needed to perform GS duties?
13. What is your favorite color?
14. A Link to your posting in step 1.  

**Deadline**
8 February 2012
Advertisement

angelmama427

GameSage: Shaiya
angelmama427
PostedFeb 02, 2012 2:13 pm   Last edited by angelmama427 on Feb 02, 2012 2:23 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Community Volunteers - Game Sage (February)

Main IGN: .QB

Other IGN's: -WaterLily-, .Lumi., QB., .Lumii., and QB[on my other active account (Queen_B)]

Server and Faction: Teos / Fury

Time Zone (Optional): MDT (-7:00)

Languages (Optional): English

RT Number with Part 2 (Required to do, Optional to post): RT#7133193.

A. What community contributions have you made that shows you would make a good game sage?

I try very hard to make Shaiya more pleasant for players by helping players who need help with things. I have helped several players by informing them about quest information, helped them with ticket information,and even helped some players on their account recovery. I try to settle disputes when a GS is unavailable and try to keep peace in trade chat. If I see someone breaking ToS, I make sure they are aware of what they are doing and make sure to let them know they shouldn't be doing it in a friendly, respectful manner. When faced with issues on forums, I explain exactly what to look for and where to find it. I am very active ingame, so I see 95% of what goes on. I have helped GSs find and report ingame bugs that were unknown. Many times I have dropped what I was doing to find quest mobs for players, or looked on forums for an answer to a players question. I have also helped a player get back to the map she needed to be in for grinding when she was lost.(I went to where she was and gave her a ride back to the map, I didn't just verbally tell her how to get there.)

I have experience both in and out of game. Ingame I have helped GameSages with trade chat events such as trivia and hide and seek. As first officer in our guild, I have held drag and drops and trivia of my own. Outside of game, I am assistant choir directer at my church and assist with performance events and dinners and such.

When I had an issue with being unable to take screenshots that I could not get any help solving, I found my own solution to the issue and posted my solution to the problem on forums for other people to be able to use. As an admin to our guild forums, I know how to find solutions even if the solution is not ingame. If I do not have an answer for a problem, I go above and beyond to find the best possible solution to any problem I am faced with. Also, as an officer of the guild I am in, I spend most of my time ingame helping people with quest information, leveling, and trying to make their game play more pleasant. I refer to forums for similar problems players have had, and try to give players several different solutions to any problem so they can use the best one that suits their needs.

As stated in the previous answer, I had a problem with being able to take screenshots. I searched for an answer on forums for several days, to no avail. Unable to get a solid answer on how to fix my problem, I took it upon myself to find my answer elsewhere. Upon finding my solution, I posted it for others to use as they saw fit. As also stated in a previous answer, I am an admin (site owner) of our guild forums , so maneuvering around and locating information on any forum community comes as second nature. I know where to look for any information I am searching for. Again, I refer to forums for similar problems players have had, and try to give players different solutions to any problem so they can use the best one that suits them.

A good game sage can put their own personal feelings aside to help settle disputes, assist GMs with finding and reporting bugs, assist players with issues they may be having, and provide a pleasant game play experience (such as hosting events). Good GS's are also available when players are in need provided real life situations allow them to be. A good GS is trustworthy, respectful, and reliable. They set aside their own leveling (this includes alt toons) for the benefit of others. They do everything in their power with the tools they have been given to make game play more pleasant for all.

I have played Shaiya for 3 years. I know most everything there is to know about the game. With the experience I have with this game, I would be able to assist players to the best of my ability and answer questions as honestly as possible. I play Shaiya every day while I am not at work so I am available at anytime while I am ingame to answer questions brought to my attention.

mumsiesdelight

mumsiesdelight
PostedFeb 02, 2012 2:19 pm

GS APP

Main IGN: Lord-Raiko
Other IGN's: Lord-Zeke , CUPPY_CAKE, Kydos, Lady-Nana
Server and Faction: Lailah, Alliance of Light
Time Zone (Optional): GMT-8
Languages (Optional): English (fluent), Spanish (intermediate)
RT Number with Part 2 # 7133277

Because I frequent the GM forum posts I am able to help with questions when asked in trade chat regarding current promotions, exp and link bonuses, and most frequently account issues and how to send tickets to GM’s etc. I also assist with mob, quests and leveling locations. Sadly, I have also had to report bad behavior and gold sellers.

I have organized events within our guild, (Example: celebrating guild member’s birthdays in the Garden of Goddess, organizing GRB, scavenger hunts, guild plvl parties and guild mount parades through several maps), I have also assisted [GS]NISMO with her community events (Example: walk the line, and hide and seek).

My experience with helping people find solutions to problems in real life comes from owning a business and having approximately 100 employees. When you own a business, solutions have to be found quickly in order for it to run successfully. I have directed players to specific forum posts in order for them to find answers to their problems. Shaiya’s community can also be successful.

In order to be informed I do read the forums frequently and at times when necessary I post. I have participated in forum with feedback, contests and in the shout box.

E. Please give a short description of what you think a good Game Sage does.
A good Game Sage is always informed regarding all aspects of the game, honest, unbiased, communicative, helpful, informative, energetic, a mediator and most important respectful to all.

F. Why do you want to be a Game Sage for THIS game (and not another)?
I have played Shaiya since May of 2009 and though I have played other mmorpg, I have found that Shaiya is the most entertaining. The Shaiya community was what captivated me to this game. I feel this community is worth helping and I feel I can contribute to it.

ScareBear15

Rank 0
ScareBear15
PostedFeb 02, 2012 2:43 pm

GS<3

Main IGN: **** -Katist
Other IGN's: **** Katist-
Server and Faction: **** Etain, UoF
Time Zone (Optional): ****
Languages (Optional): **** English

**** I assist with question's in trade, mainly by PM'ing the user who has asked the question even though some people do anwser before me. I inform people about promotions for EOM's, new releasing items, etc.

****I've helped GS's on other servers with events. As in, hosting, advertising in trade chat, and helping come up with idea's on what a new event could be.

**** I've helped numerous people find quest bosses, find mobs for quest, help them get to a certain area, etc. If i do not know the anwser I would happily look on Fourms to see if the anwser could be there. Im gladly someone to help, if people would be willing to let me look if I do not know the anwser.

**** I read the fourms and the promotions area. Anything the GM's post is usually something I read. I like to stay up to date on things the game might be going through, or getting ready to update for. I've posted feedback on things I think would be better for the game play.

**** A good GameSage keeps the lines of ToS intact. They make sure that the game is suitable, and appropriate for all players. They can do this by helping people find the solutions to the problems they have or reporting people with bad behavior. They should'nt put their selfs in bad postions, such as harrasing, or pushing things that are against ToS. Keeping a good, happy attitude is a good thing to have for a GS.

**** This is the only online game I play, and I spend a good amount of time on it. Whenever im online, GS's are either not to be found, or are offline completly. Saying that, there isnt anyone to inforce the rules of ToS because with no GS tag, people could care less.

Ldydrgn

Rank 2
Ldydrgn
PostedFeb 02, 2012 3:37 pm   Last edited by Ldydrgn on Feb 02, 2012 3:41 pm. Edited 1 time in total

GS Application

Main IGN: GreenEyedLady
Other IGN's: LadyGreeny, .Greeny., LadyGreenEyes, pbjSandwich, Evalle
Server and Faction: Etain AoL
Time Zone (Optional): EST
Languages (Optional): English (fluent)
RT Number with Part 2 (Required to do, Optional to post):7133863

I help others in game whenever i can. Although I try to help in TC most of the time the players i help PM me (sometimes people don't want to be made fun of because they do not know as much as others in TC). I try to keep track of quest bosses (lower levels) when possible - example "When was last time Anky died?". When I get a time for these things I write it down so I can let others now when they ask. I have often created grinding parties for lower levels as sometimes we all get so involved in our own grinding/pvp that we forget that others need a boost too.

In Real Life I have been a volunteer for many many years and have helped to organize and run numerous events. In game life I have ran or helped run events in many of the guilds I have been in. I am also willing to help anyone else with events. Events seem to pull people together, sometimes, when they would not have come together in the first place.

In many of the jobs I have held it has been up to me to find solutions to all kinds of problems. In game i keep Shaiya wiki open on my other pc to look up things quickly. I also keep the Shaiya forums open so I can keep abreast of anything new posted. I always help anyone who needs to know where a quest is or where an item drops. Sometimes they PM me so it is not always seen in trade chat.

I read the forums daily. I don't post unless I feel I can contribute something to the topic. I am not of a rank that can post new topics, so I cannot initiate them. I do have several sections bookmarked in the forums so that when people ask questions I can find answers quickly.

A good Game Sage should be able to answer questions in a timely manner. They should also be paying attention to what is going on in trade chat. I am not saying they should know all the answers, but they should know how to help people find a solution and sometimes knowing who can help is as good as being able to do it themselves. They also need some skills in mediation as trade chat can become quite unruly at times and being able to defuse an argument quickly is a plus and keeps everyone happy.

This is the game I play. I have tried other games but I always return to Shaiya. I have been playing Shaiya for almost 3 years now and really would like to give back to the community. Over the years I have made many friends and I don't plan on leaving the game anytime soon.

jimmyq28

PostedFeb 02, 2012 3:41 pm   Last edited by jimmyq28 on Feb 02, 2012 9:26 pm. Edited 2 times in total
Main IGN: HateIsMyName
Other IGN's: Jeantte__HM , Jeans_GRB , Path3ticSou1 , JimmyRogu3
Server and Faction: Gaia AoL
Time Zone (Optional): GMT+8
Languages (Optional):English , Mandarin
RT Number with Part 2 (Required to do, Optional to post) (RT) #7133983]

A. What community contributions have you made that shows you would make a good game sage? I always tried to answer any question on trade chat or either any information on quest , quest mobs/boss , location of mobs.

B. What experience do you have running/hosting organizational events? Not much in the game but i did some event planning n organising in real life as i runs a cyber cafe.

C. What experience do you have helping people find solutions to their problems? As i had pointed out on question A , i always tried my best to answer any question on trade chat and if i don't know , i will try n find the answer through the forum or google.

D. What experience do you have with our forum community? Not much actually unless i saw any fun post which attract me.But i do check the forum daily for any event/promotion or barter.

E. Please give a short description of what you think a good GameSage does. A good GameSage should be able to provide as much assistance as he/she could to the community , resolve conflict between gamers on trade , maintain orders as well as provide feedback on what's going on or happening at respective server to the GameMaster.

I had been playing Shaiya for over 2 years and this is the only game that i really enjoy and i'm on for more than 12 hours daily. And i enjoy helping others

bjw123456789

Rank 4
PostedFeb 02, 2012 3:45 pm
Main IGN: iNaughty
Other IGN's: iPoke iTouch iDunno.
Server and Faction: Lailah AoL
Time Zone (Optional): eastern time
Languages (Optional): fluent English , beginner in spanish
RT Number with Part 2 (Required to do, Optional to post)

I help people in-game with questions, whether it’s about, forums, AP, builds, quests, locations of things and much more. I stay active in TC while doing this, but usually I PM the person. In the past I did events for my guilds. I help with transactions, and I stay active on forums.

As officer of a few guilds in my past, I have done events for my guildies just for fun. I think I like drop and drag the best. It’s nice to see people having fun. Otherwise, I understand the requirements for running/hosting organizational events.
Ever since I have played the game, and being officer of a few guilds in my past, I always try and find a solution to the problem. Either, buying or selling, a quest, AP, ticket problems, events or whatever is it; I try and help to find the solution. Also, what I don't know I simply ask my guild, majority of the time I can come up with an answer.

D. What experience do you have with our forum community? I look at forums at least five times a day. I read most of them, and if it’s a simple problem, I reply with the answer. I watch barter when I need to stay up on prices. I watch all posts by players; I give my input on posts when it’s needed.

I think a good GS is a person who helps teach players about the game. Guide players on quests, leveling up, gears, and builds, so each player has the best chance to have fun in game. A GS needs to have the will to help everyone in game, even if they do not like the person. Also at the same time, they need to monitor trade chat and forums for problems/questions, and to the best of their ability assists with those issues and/or problems. A GS needs experience about the game, and needs to remain fair and impartial at all times in dealing with the community.

This is my first online game; I loved it from the beginning. I play it every day for a few hours when I can. This is the ONLY game I currently play. Playing this game for 4 years now (this is my second account, my first was when I was nub and forgot the ID/PW) I have meet tons of great people. I have gained lots of friends. I have been lucky enough to experience every part of this game from top to bottom. I am a very trustworthy person, I never have scammed, I have never taken anything from someone that did not belong to me, and I tell the truth. I will stay with Shaiya until the game dies, even when things have turned to the worse. I also want to be a GS because I have seen other GS's in game that have not worked well or are lazy. Therefore I want to change the way people think about GS's from bad to good! Finally, I want to be a GS to help AGE make the game better. With what I know about the game and my experience, I would give great service to AGE in helping them with any problem they might have, I hope with my help, other players will enjoy the game even greater.
Last thing I want to say was another reason I want to be a GS is because of my hero. My hero from this game is and always will be [GS]Tor from ep4. He was my guild leader. He was the most helpful players on the game. He was the nicest person. He made the game fair to play, and made it enjoyable. This is the main reason why I would like to become a GS, to become like him, my hero.

taurean1974

Rank 0
PostedFeb 02, 2012 4:50 pm   Last edited by taurean1974 on Feb 04, 2012 4:31 am. Edited 1 time in total

GS Volunteer

Main IGN: Lindariel
Other IGN's: HealsKals, AngelsLive
Server and Faction: Etain, AoL
Time Zone (Optional): GMT
Languages (Optional): English
RT Number with Part 2 (Required to do, Optional to post):7134405

I am always being asked to help either in Trade Chat or people PM me with quiries from prices to helping with a problem with a player or just to do a transaction for them. I love helping people and will always try to find out the answer for them if I don't know it.

I have run quite a few different events from hide and seek to drag and drop. I always join in with events run where possible. I love seeing people have fun whether its in guild event or server event and look forward to doing some more.

I am always helping people with problems whether its in Trade chat, PM's and also on Shoutbox which I have open most of the time. I help from difficulties signing in to AP to where to send tickets and how to send them. I am usually 99% of the time to be able to come up with the answer. The Questions I don't personally now the answer to then I will seek help from others.

I have Forums up all the time I am on game and also when im not. I know most of the people on there and when there isn't anyone asking questions or need help I join in with everyone else. I like to help people who are having difficulties and most of them are very grateful just to be talked to and hear my opinions and the support I can give them .

Personally I think a good GS needs to be friendly, approachable, non-biased. A GS needs to be able to keep tradechat appropriate and make sure people know they can go to them with any problem. They need to have experience in game. GS should be able to not only do all this and answer questions or help with issues and problems but also to make the game fun with events. A GS has to be able to give feedback to GM's as GS's are the eyes and ears for GM's

I have played this game for over a year now and would never play any other game. I am on most of the day every day. I like to think that people trust me and think of me as friendly and approachable. I love helping people and meeting new friends too. I would hope that I would be able to maintain not only the fun but keep the game to the standards that all the GS's have been so far. I would like to think that i can keep people within the standards of the ToS and learn more and better myself as you learn something new everyday Smile

ScorpionLute

Rank 0
ScorpionLute
PostedFeb 02, 2012 7:29 pm   Last edited by ScorpionLute on Feb 03, 2012 6:07 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Game Sage Application

Febraury Game Sage Application
Main IGN: Snow.Eros

Other IGN's: none at the moment

Server and Faction: Gaia /UoF Smile

Time Zone (Optional): (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

Languages (Optional): English,Spanish and some Polish

RT Number with Part 2 (Required to do, Optional to post): RT# 7135085

i have contributited to the shaiya community several times i have held events such as drop and drag, hide and seek and trivia. I am a helping person i try to help people the best of my ability.I have helped several players by informing them about quest information, helped them with ticket information,and even helped some players on their account recovery. these are some of the contributions i have made to the shaiya community

i have an descent amount of experience running or hosting events in game i have help drop and drag, trivia, Hide and seek and guess a number events both with my guild and with the server when i have rewards to give out.

i have a tremendous amount of experince helping people with their problems both in game and in shout box i can help with such problems recharging aeria points, where and how to send tickets and where to find post in the forun and in game i have helped with such problems such as gold spammers ,glitches and screen adjusting

as a intelligent gamer im always searching for awnsers for quesiton that i myself do not have the awnser to but i have alot of experience with the forum community ik how to work my way arounf it and find post andi have several psot on the forums ranging throgh the barter, class info, general discussion and, self help.

a good game sage should be willing ot put aside all personnal buisness or problems to do a effective job of being a game sage. game sages should be willing to help not when some1 ask for it but when they are on and are not busy. A good game sage should be available when need and respectable reliable and trustworthy.A good Game sage should set aside leveling all of their toons no matter what for the benefit of the community. A good gme sage does everything in their ability with the power /support they have been handed to make the game desirable and enjoying to all

i have been playing shaiya for a year and about 9 months or so i know quite a bit of information about the game making me a good source of information for other players. why i want ot be a Game Sage for shaiya on Gaia or whatever server im needed is because it is my goal with aeriagames to become a game sage and help other players in game and in the shoutbox wiht their issues and to make this a great time for everyone.

stormofdeath2

Rank 0
PostedFeb 02, 2012 9:31 pm

Death_Conjure GS App

Main IGN: Death_Conjure
Other IGN's: Lich_Queen
Server and Faction: Lailah / UoF
Time Zone (Optional): Pacific
Languages (Optional): English only

When ever I see someone in trade asking for a GS or help with any question I message them and say "I am not a GS but maybe I can assist you?" I always answer truthfully to any questions asked and try my best to help people out and keep things fair.

Nothing to fancy, about 4 years ago I held a little Guild Hide and Seek event.

What ever trade chat shoots towards me or friends and other people. I am here in Shaiya because I enjoy helping people.

Not a whole lot, usually read not write on it.

A good GameSage sacrifices personal time to put forth the effort to assist EVERYONE where ever it is needed. It can be something silly as "how do i get this item" or "how do I message a GM" etc... Everyone deserves equal assistance, that is the GameSage's job to help out the community, hence "Community Volunteer.

I would like to be a GameSage for Shaiya because I have played this game ever since beta, and about none of the other games. I love this game and would do anything to help it out, GameSage is the best way for me to truly help out where I can the most.

Health is mearly the slowest possible rate at which one can die. (made by me plz dont steal it) Death_Conjure 60 UM Warrior (UOF) (Lailah)