Mr.Avion

Rank 0
Mr.Avion
PostedJan 19, 2012 6:41 pm

SIGGIES

are there any step by step instructions on how to make signatures?
Advertisement

Midoron

Rank 0
Midoron
PostedJan 19, 2012 7:30 pm
there's nothing special to it, just use a program of your choice. IE; Photoshop, Gimp, MS paint etc.. you can choose to use a picture that's already been made and edit it to your liking, or make your own and add whatever you feel like adding to it. Siggies aren't that complicated. Good day.

ZeroNil

Rank 0
ZeroNil
PostedJan 19, 2012 7:59 pm
well depending on your understanding of the program no they are not that hard, BUT there are tutorials out there, a ton of them, a good reason to look into tuts are if you are a begginer, or if your just looking for new techniques.

depending on the program you decide to use, its just a simple google search away.

example: ps sig tut (abrieviation for photoshop signiture tutorials)

so basically just taking your image editing program and put sig tut at the end and look for one that you think looks good, and maybey do begginer sig tut just to look at some of the easier to do techniques.

also if you dont want to fork out the cash (or cant) for photoshop, then gimp is supposed to be a good alternative since its free. there may be others out there but everyone that i know either use gimp or photoshop. (i cant really give you much info on gimp since i have never used it, ive always had photoshop)

Moznic

Rank 0
Moznic
PostedJan 19, 2012 8:51 pm
If you plan on making signatures then I would suggest you to try looking for guides/tip and tricks on the following websites:

pimped-pixels.net/
gfxforums.net
sig-lab.com/forum.php

Making a signature is not that easy as everyone says, sometimes it takes time if you don't have any kind of idea on what you want to create, but on the other hand signatures takes a bit of creativity in order to make one.

Mr.Avion

Rank 0
Mr.Avion
PostedJan 20, 2012 1:36 pm

SIGGIES

thnx for the help guys i figured it out Very Happy

ZeroNil

Rank 0
ZeroNil
PostedJan 20, 2012 7:35 pm
it doesnt link to anything... did you really make that?

Astrochicken

Rank 0
Astrochicken
PostedJan 21, 2012 2:39 am
He Probabally just copyed it because it dosent have a chicken in it o_o

<a>Rayn1</a>

Mr.Avion

Rank 0
Mr.Avion
PostedJan 21, 2012 6:41 am

My Sig

yea my bro helped me make it took 6 hours bcuz of the changing pics Very Happy

ZeroNil

Rank 0
ZeroNil
PostedJan 21, 2012 1:23 pm
the reason i doubt you made that is
1. its an obvious advertisment for another forum but doesnt link to anything.
2. you claim youve never made a sig before, and your first choice is and animated sig, not to mention a fairly decent flow especially for you saying its your first
3. the quality/style for all the sigs in the animation are completely different, meaning it wouldve taken quite a while just to make the sig portion. (first is just a render on a bg, second is a slightly faded render over a bg, third has some smudging and some effects done to the render, fourth just looks like a stock is taking up the full space, and last one is similar to the first except with a bit of the render erased.)
the only reason im digging into this is that as a GFXer myself, i highly dislike it when people post sigs, claiming that they made, when they didnt.

Mr.Avion

Rank 0
Mr.Avion
PostedJan 21, 2012 1:37 pm
the reason being is because my big bro did most of the work on it cuz all he does is play games and stuff so i asked him to come over and help me out he even helped me with my account page cuz im actually pretty new at this :p