GMAnya

GameMaster: USA
GMAnya
PostedJan 18, 2012 4:55 pm   Last edited by GMAnya on Jun 06, 2012 5:46 pm. Edited 1 time in total

[Official]AeriaNow Game Sage Application and Feedback Thread

GS Apps/Feedback Information Here!
This thread is part of the GameSage Application process. GameSage is a very public position. We are making this part of the application public, because it is best to know how the community will feel about new applicants BEFORE they are accepted.

An Ideal Game Sage candidate for the AeriaNow team is one that is active in the forums and plays multiple browser games. AeriaNow Game Sages are most valued when they are very knowledgeable on one or more browser games. Ideal candidates are friendly, knowledgeable, helpful and non-judgmental. We're looking for fun, friendly volunteers.

If you have constructive feedback to give on an applicant please reply to this thread with your input. Please remember to keep feedback respectful, constructive, and polite at all times. Feedback should not contain personal criticisms  

To apply for the AeriaNow Game Sage program please follow the steps below

Step 1: Submit a Ticket
  • Go to the Game Support page
  • Select Other as the Subcategory
  • Select the Game you would like to apply for
  • As the Subject please put Game Sage Application
  • As the Message simply state that you are applying to be a Game Sage
  • After you submit the ticket, write down the ticket number as you will need it in step 2

Step 2: Fill out the Game Sage Application
  • Go to this Game Sage Application and fill out all information
  • You MUST include your ticket number from Step 1 as this is how we will update you on the status of your application. If you do not include a ticket number you will not be considered for the program.

Step 3: Post a Reply to this Forum Post
  • In this thread click the New Reply button and include the following information:
    1. Confirm that you have completed steps 1 and 2
    2. List your in-game name and server for each AeriaNow game that you play
    3. Provide a short description of what you think a good Game Sage does
  • Once you submit your reply, you're all done!  

• Thank you for your interest in the AeriaNow Game Sage program! Once you have completed all steps please allow up to 2 weeks to receive a decision on your application. If you have any questions regarding your application please reply to the ticket you submitted in step 2.
    Advertisement

barthalimul

Rank 1
    barthalimul
    PostedFeb 21, 2012 6:26 pm
    1. Confirm that you have completed steps 1 and 2 Complete

2. List your in-game name and server for each AeriaNow game that you play Barrt Server 1 GA

3. Provide a short description of what you think a good Game Sage does :
    Assist players in game with questions they may have about the game.
    Assist GMs with tasks events or items they request.
    Respond to forum shoutbox and ingame questions.
    I have looked over the list below and understand the duties posted in other forums. This is the best list or breakdown I found going over all the tasks required.
    •Communicating with players about issues and bugs.
    •Documenting issues and bugs in the proper format.
    •Resolving in-game issues such as harassment, excessive foul language, etc.
    Mediating between parties during arguments to prevent issues from being exploded out of proportion.
    •Providing gameplay help to players on both the forums and in-game.
    •Walking new players through important information when needed.
    •Testing new content (when possible and needed) on the test servers.
    •Coming up with new in-game events for the players.
    •Planning and organizing in-game events for the players.
    •Running in-game events for the players.
    •Being the first line of customer service for Aeria Games (first line almost always gets the most flak from players)

davidf5024

Rank 0
    davidf5024
    PostedFeb 21, 2012 8:42 pm
    1. Yup
    2. In game name= David only game currently playing is Golden Age
    3. Helps people and enjoys a fresh piece of bacon in the morning.

deatheater59

Rank 5
    deatheater59
    PostedFeb 23, 2012 7:43 pm
    I have completed both the steps. My ticket # is 7277169

AeriaNow Games that I Play

• GoldenAge
      Server=2
      In Game Name=crazybutamaz
    • DDTankEN
      Sever=Dragon
      IGN=Crazybutamaz
    • Call of Gods
      Server=2
      IGN=DeadPhoenix
    • Ministry of War
      Server= Phalanx
      IGN=DeadPhoenix

What a Good Game Sage is.
    A good Game Sage is a kind,friendly,helpful person in general. They have the enthusiasm to help others. They are the people that you go to when you have a problem. Gs's are the bridge between the player and the Gm world the pass on any problems that a specific player is having.A good Game Sage also helps the Gm's test/document the bugs so that the GM's can inform the developers.A Game Sage is a volunteer that informs/enforces the TOS.

I would like to wish all the applicant's Good luck.

Have a nice day
    DeadPhoenix

NRGDJ

Rank 0
    NRGDJ
    PostedFeb 23, 2012 10:16 pm
    Step1:#7278467

Step2:has been filled out and turned in

Step3:Golden Age
    Servers1,2,3 DJMFT

I believe a good game sage is someone who takes the time to help those who need help with whatever it may be and taking the time to explain it and to also make sure the other person knows and fully understand before moving on to then next task and also make sure that when playing in a game show good sportsmanship and always set a good example no matter what the game or situation

Crystal Saga: Eidolon:(S1)DJ AvA: DJMFT Wolfteam: NRGDJMFT http://www.xfire.com/profile/DJMFT

o0mxm0o

Rank 0
    o0mxm0o
    PostedMar 03, 2012 4:24 am

Game Sage

Game Sage Application for Golden Age Game
    Confirming that i have completed steps 1 and 2
    Ticket # 7330597

Golden Age Server 3 - MxDGentle

Provide a short description of what you think a good Game Sage does
    Exclamation GameSage provides assistance to players.
    TO New players gives them help on the basics of the game. If not directly answering their queries, then directing them to the proper forums or the proper aeria staff who can provide them assistance.
    TO Veterans be a liaison between players to hear out their grievance and forward them to proper Aeria staff.
    Exclamation Monitors the server if there are things that are against the TOA happening in game, reminds the players to follow the TOA, and if deviation still persist, properly report them to the Aeria staff responsible.
    Exclamation Promotes the game as enjoyable opportunity where players together can play competitively but still having fun.

Done! Very Happy

MxDGentle

vampofval21

GameSage: Aeria Browser
    vampofval21
    PostedMar 30, 2012 10:42 am

Golden Age GS Application

1. Confirm that you have completed steps 1 and 2:

2. List your in-game name and server for each AeriaNow game that you play:

• Game: GoldenAge EN | Server(s): 1 & 2 | In-Game Name(s): Quianna (for both servers)

3. Provide a short description of what you think a good Game Sage does:
      A good Game Sage is a player who has taken the time to figure out their game and has the desire to share this information in the most efficient ways possible. He or She is not dismissive to the questions of new players, as repetitive as they may seem. Nor does the Game Sage attempt to lord over other players, especially if there are some things they do not know.

Being respectful and understanding the rules of the game as well as AGE allow the GS to respond appropriately to inappropriate behaviors is a given for a GS. If the GS cannot follow the TOS and recognize when it is being violated, then they cannot help others follow the rules and prevent them from facing easily avoidable consequences from these turns of events.

It is also important that the GS be able to communicate clearly with the GMs. Being unable to do this would result in the role of the GS as a bridge between player and GM being wasted. This means the GS should be as active as possible in both the game, Shout Box, and Forums. Where the players and GMs can be found, the GS should be found there as well.

Lastly, an exceptional GS would go beyond what is expected of them to improve everyone's gaming experience. This may include starting in-game events that are supported but not sponsored by AGE, creating external elements to the game such as forum posts and How-To guides, and constantly interacting with the players and the GMs in an appropriate but social manner to keep the spirit of the game lighthearted and fun.

akkichan3431

Rank 0
    akkichan3431
    PostedMar 30, 2012 2:53 pm
    I completed Steps 1 and 2. My in-game name is AyaSnow.

I think a good Game Sage helps the players by answering questions and communicating with the GMs. If they don't know the answer to the question, they should conduct tests or find out through the GMs so that they can get that information to that player. They should also post that information in a single place so that it can be accessed by others (this way the same question doesn't get repeated over and over again). However, if the question is one that should not be answered, they could perhaps give hints on how to discover the answer on their own or which members of their alliance are likely to know (because some things people should figure out on their own or from their alliance ^_^). Additionally, a GS should be polite and respectful. Finally, a GS should have a good understanding of the game and constantly work to understand new content.

Thank you for your consideration,
    Aya Snow

barthalimul

Rank 1
    barthalimul
    PostedMar 30, 2012 7:46 pm
    I have to say Quin and Ayasnow are the Ladies of sever one always helpful and having them makes sever 1 a better place to hang out and chat

AussiePippa

Rank 0
    PostedApr 09, 2012 11:45 pm

Game Sage Application

I have completed steps 1 and 2.
    Ticket # : 7546293

Golden Age IGN: Clare Tiger Server
    DDTank IGN: Aussie Server 3

I think a good game sage helps the people who are just begining the game, those who get lost, and those who have questions along the way. Additionally, I think that GS's set out a sort of "role model" for the other players. GS's should also be able to fix problems between players, post helpers on forums, be active and experienced in the games they are GS's for.

Thank you for your consideration,
    Aussie Pippa