Saveric

GameSage: Aeria Browser
Saveric
PostedJan 16, 2012 5:25 pm

[Guide] Hero System

A guide to the hero system in Call of Gods.
Click the Hero option to enter the Hero interface and perform various actions.

Click on the Hero Deployment, Hero Equipment, and Hero Unit Assignment buttons to switch to the respective interface and perform actions.

Hero Deployment

On this screen you are able to do the following:

• View your full hero roster.
  • Change the formations of your Defensive and Offensive hero setups.
  • Dismiss current heroes(After this have been stripped of units and gear).
  • View stats of heroes by mousing over them.
  • Viewing current experience needed for a hero to level.
  • View some basic information about the hero when selected along with their skills.

Hero Equipment

• View your roster of heroes.
  • View the stat breakdown of the hero(cept dodge for some reason).
  • Change the equipment your hero is currently wearing.
  • View current skills the hero has learned.

The different stats that heroes can earn and their effects are the following:

Hero Unit Assignment

• Select which unit type will be under what hero.
  • View the strength and the number of units the hero will command.
  • Click on the recruit button to open up your barracks to recruit more basic units.
  • View total units, how many you have assigned, and how many aren't assigned at the moment.

Unit Types

• Infantry units take up one population per one unit.
  • Archer units take up one population per one unit.
  • Spellcaster units take up one population per one unit.
  • Cavalry units take up two population per one unit.
  • Flying units take up three population per one unit.

Advertisement

Saveric

Saveric
PostedJan 16, 2012 5:26 pm   Last edited by Saveric on Jan 16, 2012 6:06 pm. Edited 2 times in total

Skills

Skills are the backbone of the heroes. These abilities boost the stats of the heroes and their units. A hero with skills is much better off than one without them.

Skills are broken into quality and numerical values. These represent what skill books can be taught to what hero and their value.

What heroes can learn what tomes?
White and Green heroes can learn up to Green level tomes or Skill Tome II's.
Blue Heroes can learn up to Blue level tomes or Skill Tome III's.
Purple Heroes can learn up to Purple level tomes or Skill Tome IV's.
Orange and Red Heroes can learn up to Orange level tomes or Skill Tome V's.

Does a hero's specialization effect what books they can learn?
Yes, dependent on the heroes Specialization depends on what skills they can learn above Skill Tome II quality.

Help! I just started and one of my heroes has two skills, but they aren't the right type?
Yes this is a known issue to help your starter hero gain a little bit more power. As it is a balance type there are only two basic skills that go with it, healer and acclaim. They have 4 slots on a blue hero thus can learn those last two if you feel like opening up the last two slots. The skills will be decent on the hero though till you find another hero to replace him with. He is your starter hero after all.

Learning the skills
The skills learning is achieved by learning from mainland skill master, select the heroes and the skills you want to learn.

Ways to get Hero skill slots
The hero skills have two spare skill slots, four closed at most. The higher quality the hero is, the larger amount the skill slot could be open.
To open the skill slot, you should talk to the mainland skill master, select the unopened skill slot, then click on "Add a Skill Slot". This will pop up a confirmation window where it will cost you 10g to open the slot.

To upgrade the skills
After learning the skills, you need to learn more advanced skills to upgrade them, when upgraded; they will replace the former basic skills to finish the upgrading. The upgrading ways are the same to the skills learning, select the relevant skills, confirm and the next rank replace the former one.

Saveric

Saveric
PostedJan 16, 2012 5:27 pm

Skill Listing

List of Skills
Skill Name: Effect - Req. Hero Level - Req. Potential - Hero Specialty - Success Rate

Attack Specialty Skills
Valor I : Increase the Attack of the hero’s units by 2% - 10 - 0 - All - 100%
Valor II : Increase the Attack of the hero’s units by 5% - 30 - 0 - All - 75%
Valor III : Increase the Attack of the hero’s units by 9% - 50 - 26 - Attack - 50%
Valor IV : Increase the Attack of the hero’s units by 15% - 70 - 36 - Attack - 30%
Valor V : Increase the Attack of the hero’s units by 23% - 90 - 51 - Attack - 20%

Warmonger I : Increase this hero’s attack by 40 points - 10 - 0 - All - 100%
Warmonger II : Increase this hero’s attack by 80 points - 30 - 0 - All - 75%
Warmonger III : Increase this hero’s attack by 140 points - 50 - 26 - Attack - 50%
Warmonger IV : Increase this hero’s attack by 230 points - 70 - 36 - Attack - 30%
Warmonger V : Increase this hero’s attack by 350 points - 90 - 51 - Attack - 20%

Berserker I : Increase the Critical Strike rate of this hero’s units by 40 points - 10 - 0 - All - 100%
Berserker II : Increase the Critical Strike rate of this hero’s units by 75 points - 30 - 0 - All - 75%
Berserker III : Increase the Critical Strike rate of this hero’s units by 120 points - 50 - 26 - Attack - 50%
Berserker IV : Increase the Critical Strike rate of this hero’s units by 180 points - 70 - 36 - Attack - 30%
Berserker V : Increase the Critical Strike rate of this hero’s units by 300 points - 90 - 51 - Attack - 20%

Frenzy I : Increases this hero's Critical Strike rate by 40 points - 10 - 0 - All - 100%
Frenzy II : Increases this hero's Critical Strike rate by 75 points - 30 - 0 - All - 75%
Frenzy III : Increases this hero's Critical Strike rate by 120 points - 50 - 26 - Attack - 50%
Frenzy IV : Increases this hero's Critical Strike rate by 180 points - 70 - 36 - Attack - 30%
Frenzy V : Increases this hero's Critical Strike rate by 300 points - 90 - 51 - Attack - 20%

Drill Sergeant I : Increases the Accuracy of this hero’s units by 15 points - 10 - 0 - All - 100%
Drill Sergeant II : Increases the Accuracy of this hero’s units by 30 points - 30 - 0 - All - 75%
Drill Sergeant III : Increases the Accuracy of this hero’s units by 55 points - 50 - 26 - Attack - 50%
Drill Sergeant IV : Increases the Accuracy of this hero’s units by 90 points - 70 - 36 - Attack - 30%
Drill Sergeant V : Increases the Accuracy of this hero’s units by 150 points - 90 - 51 - Attack - 20%

Marksman I : Increases this hero's Accuracy by 15 points - 10 - 0 - All - 100%
Marksman II : Increases this hero's Accuracy by 30 points - 30 - 0 - All - 75%
Marksman III : Increases this hero's Accuracy by 55 points - 50 - 26 - Attack - 50%
Marksman IV : Increases this hero's Accuracy by 90 points - 70 - 36 - Attack - 30%
Marksman V : Increases this hero's Accuracy by 150 points - 90 - 51 - Attack - 20%

Defense Specialty Skills
Guardian Will I : Increases the Defense of this hero’s unit by 2% - 10 - 0 - All - 100%
Guardian Will II : Increases the Defense of this hero’s unit by 4% - 30 - 0 - All - 75%
Guardian Will III : Increases the Defense of this hero’s unit by 7% - 50 - 26 - Defense - 50%
Guardian Will IV : Increases the Defense of this hero’s unit by 12% - 70 - 36 - Defense - 30%
Guardian Will V : Increases the Defense of this hero’s unit by 18% - 90 - 51 - Defense - 20%

Entrenchment I : Increase this hero’s defense by 30 points - 10 - 0 - All - 100%
Entrenchment II : Increase this hero’s defense by 60 points - 30 - 0 - All - 75%
Entrenchment III : Increase this hero’s defense by 110 points - 50 - 26 - Defense - 50%
Entrenchment IV : Increase this hero’s defense by 180 points - 70 - 36 - Defense - 30%
Entrenchment V : Increase this hero’s defense by 280 points - 90 - 51 - Defense - 20%

Dragon Skin I : Increases the Vitality of this hero’s units by 2% - 10 - 0 - All - 100%
Dragon Skin II : Increases the Vitality of this hero’s units by 3% - 30 - 0 - All - 75%
Dragon Skin III : Increases the Vitality of this hero’s units by 6% - 50 - 26 - Defense - 50%
Dragon Skin IV : Increases the Vitality of this hero’s units by 10% - 70 - 36 - Defense - 30%
Dragon Skin V : Increases the Vitality of this hero’s units by 16% - 90 - 51 - Defense - 20%

Fortitude I : Increase this hero’s Vitality by 25 points - 10 - 0 - All - 100%
Fortitude II : Increase this hero’s Vitality by 50 points - 30 - 0 - All - 75%
Fortitude III : Increase this hero’s Vitality by 90 points - 50 - 26 - Defense - 50%
Fortitude IV : Increase this hero’s Vitality by 150 points - 70 - 36 - Defense - 30%
Fortitude V : Increase this hero’s Vitality by 250 points - 90 - 51 - Defense - 20%

Backlash I : Increase the Counterattack rate of this hero’s units by 30 points - 10 - 0 - All - 100%
Backlash II : Increase the Counterattack rate of this hero’s units by 60 points - 30 - 0 - All - 75%
Backlash III : Increase the Counterattack rate of this hero’s units by 100 points - 50 - 26 - Defense - 50%
Backlash IV : Increase the Counterattack rate of this hero’s units by 150 points - 70 - 36 - Defense - 30%
Backlash V : Increase the Counterattack rate of this hero’s units by 250 points - 90 - 51 - Defense - 20%

Vengeance I : Increase this hero’s Counter-attack rate by 30 points - 10 - 0 - All - 100%
Vengeance II : Increase this hero’s Counter-attack rate by 60 points - 30 - 0 - All - 75%
Vengeance III : Increase this hero’s Counter-attack rate by 100 points - 50 - 26 - Defense - 50%
Vengeance IV : Increase this hero’s Counter-attack rate by 150 points - 70 - 36 - Defense - 30%
Vengeance V : Increase this hero’s Counter-attack rate by 250 points - 90 - 51 - Defense - 20%

Agility Specialty Skills
Illusionist I : Increases the Agility of this hero’s units by 2% - 10 - 0 - All - 100%
Illusionist II : Increases the Agility of this hero’s units by 3% - 30 - 0 - All - 75%
Illusionist III : Increases the Agility of this hero’s units by 5% - 50 - 26 - Agility - 50%
Illusionist IV : Increases the Agility of this hero’s units by 8% - 70 - 36 - Agility - 30%
Illusionist V : Increases the Agility of this hero’s units by 13% - 90 - 51 - Agility - 20%

Athleticism I : Increase this hero’s agility by 20 points - 10 - 0 - All - 100%
Athleticism II : Increase this hero’s agility by 40 points - 30 - 0 - All - 75%
Athleticism III : Increase this hero’s agility by 70 points - 50 - 26 - Agility - 50%
Athleticism IV : Increase this hero’s agility by 120 points - 70 - 36 - Agility - 30%
Athleticism V : Increase this hero’s agility by 200 points - 90 - 51 - Agility - 20%

Chaos Bringer I : Increases the Double Strike rate of this hero’s units by 25 points - 10 - 0 - All - 100%
Chaos Bringer II : Increases the Double Strike rate of this hero’s units by 50 points - 30 - 0 - All - 75%
Chaos Bringer III : Increases the Double Strike rate of this hero’s units by 80 points - 50 - 26 - Agility - 50%
Chaos Bringer IV : Increases the Double Strike rate of this hero’s units by 120 points - 70 - 36 - Agility - 30%
Chaos Bringer V : Increases the Double Strike rate of this hero’s units by 200 points - 90 - 51 - Agility - 20%

Pulverizer I : Increases this hero's Double Strike rate by 25 points - 10 - 0 - All - 100%
Pulverizer II : Increases this hero's Double Strike rate by 50 points - 30 - 0 - All - 75%
Pulverizer III : Increases this hero's Double Strike rate by 80 points - 50 - 26 - Agility - 50%
Pulverizer IV : Increases this hero's Double Strike rate by 120 points - 70 - 36 - Agility - 30%
Pulverizer V : Increases this hero's Double Strike rate by 200 points - 90 - 51 - Agility - 20%

Shadow Master I : Increases the Dodge rate of this hero’s unit by 3 points - 10 - 0 - All - 100%
Shadow Master II : Increases the Dodge rate of this hero’s unit by 6 points - 30 - 0 - All - 75%
Shadow Master III : Increases the Dodge rate of this hero’s unit by 12 points - 50 - 26 - Agility - 50%
Shadow Master IV : Increases the Dodge rate of this hero’s unit by 20 points - 70 - 36 - Agility - 30%
Shadow Master V : Increases the Dodge rate of this hero’s unit by 30 points - 90 - 51 - Agility - 20%

Swift Mover I : Increases this hero's Dodge rate by 3 points - 10 - 0 - All - 100%
Swift Mover II : Increases this hero's Dodge rate by 6 points - 30 - 0 - All - 75%
Swift Mover III : Increases this hero's Dodge rate by 12 points - 50 - 26 - Agility - 50%
Swift Mover IV : Increases this hero's Dodge rate by 20 points - 70 - 36 - Agility - 30%
Swift Mover V : Increases this hero's Dodge rate by 30 points - 90 - 51 - Agility - 20%

Balanced Specialty Skills
Healer I : Increase the recovery rate of units losses by 3% - 10 - 0 - All - 100%
Healer II : Increase the recovery rate of units losses by 5% - 30 - 0 - All - 75%
Healer III : Increase the recovery rate of units losses by 8% - 50 - 26 - Balanced - 50%
Healer IV : Increase the recovery rate of units losses by 12% - 70 - 36 - Balanced - 30%
Healer V : Increase the recovery rate of units losses by 18% - 90 - 51 - Balanced - 20%

Acclaim I : Increase the number of units under this hero’s command by 20 units - 10 - 0 - All - 100%
Acclaim II : Increase the number of units under this hero’s command by 40 units - 30 - 0 - All - 75%
Acclaim III : Increase the number of units under this hero’s command by 70 units - 50 - 26 - Balanced - 50%
Acclaim IV : Increase the number of units under this hero’s command by 120 units - 70 - 36 - Balanced - 30%
Acclaim V : Increase the number of units under this hero’s command by 200 units - 90 - 51 - Balanced - 20%

Saveric

Saveric
PostedJan 16, 2012 5:28 pm

Formation

There are 10 formations for each player to choose. And each formation has different effects for battle. Use the correct formation will help you win the battle with the least loss.

Here are the 10 formations

Offensive Wedge
+5% damage against Defensive Form formation
+10% damage against Blitz Attack formation

Defensive Form
+5% damage against Reinforced Flanks formation
Cancels the efforts of Blitz Attack formation

Reinforced Flanks
+5% damage against Left Feint formation
+5% damage against Right Feint formation
+10% damage against Offensive Wedge formation

Blitz Attack
+5% damage against Left Feint formation
+5% damage against Right Feint formation
+10% damage against Reinforced Flanks formation

Left Hammerhead
+10% damage against Right Guard formation
Cancels the effects of Right Feint formation

Right Hammerhead
+10% damage against Left Guard formation
Cancels the effects of Left Feint formation

Left Feint
+10% damage against Left Hammerhead formation
Cancels the effects of Left Guard formation

Right Feint
+10% damage against Right Hammerhead formation
Cancels the effects of Right Guard formation

Left Guard
Cancels the effects of Left Hammerhead formation
Cancels the effects of Right Feint formation

Right Guard
Cancels the effects of Right Hammerhead formation
Cancels the effects of Left Feint formation

How to get formation tomes?
Adventurers can get one of pages of formation tomes. If you collect all of pages, you can go to transmutation master to get the corresponding tomes.
You can also acquire full tomes from a Formation Pack on the Advanced Wheel of Fortune.

How to get formation tomes pages?
There are 6 pages per tome. Pages 1-3 are of green quality, Pages 4-5 are of blue quality, and page 6 is of purple quality.
These pages can drop from monsters in dungeons, out of bronze and silver chests, and from book packs.

Saveric

Saveric
PostedJan 16, 2012 5:29 pm   Last edited by Saveric on Aug 14, 2012 10:32 am. Edited 3 times in total

Recruitment

Heroes can be acquired in two forms. They can be either recruited from the tavern or come in the shape of a card contract recruiting a hero.

Heroes of White to Orange quality can appear in the tavern in any of the major cities, while Red heroes only come in card contract form.(Red Heroes can currently be found in the tavern that was added during an event patch. Can be temporally there.)

Tavern Heroes

Heroes recruited from the tavern can come in a wide variety of Potential.
  • White Heroes range from 8-15 potential.
  • Green Heroes range from 16-25 Potential.
  • Blue Heroes range from 26-35 Potential.
  • Purple Heroes range from 36-50 Potential.
  • Orange Heroes range from 51-75 Potential.
  • Red Heroes range from 76-100 Potential.(Event added, but still in there)

White to Purple quality heroes can appear either normally when time expires and a new set of 3 appears, through one of the 5 Free refreshes a player gets a day, or by using a Summoning Horn purchased with coupons or gold in the Item Shop.
Blue to Orange quality heroes can appear in the tavern by use of a Book of Astrology.
Currently White - Red heroes can appear from Hour Refresh, Free Refresh, Summoning Horn and Book of Astrology. This change was placed in during an event patch. Can be temporally there.

Tavern Items

These are some of the items that will appear in the item shop for players to use to recruit a hero.
The Orange Hero packs contain an orange hero card and Book(s) of Astrology.
Horns of Summoning can be purchased with Gold or Coupons.
Books of Astrology can only be purchased with Gold.
Orange Hero packs can only be purchased with Gold.

Card Heroes
Heroes acquired from cards come in 3 types.

• Orange Hero Card I's give an Orange hero that is of 60 Potential. These heroes you don't know which you will acquire. Each has a different specialty based on the special hero and will always have two skills already acquired(Valor II and Guardian Will II).
  • Orange Hero Card II's give an Orange hero that is of 70 Potential. These heroes you don't know which you will acquire. Each has a different specialty based on the special hero and will always have two skills already acquired(Valor II and Guardian Will II).
  • Red Hero Card gives a Red hero that will have 85 Potential. These heroes you don't know which you will acquire. Each has a different specialty based on the special hero, but same named heroes will have same specialty. These heroes do not come with any skills already acquired.
  • Constellation Red Hero Card - Name gives a Red hero of the Named type and will have 95 Potential. Red heroes specialty is predetermined. These heroes do not come with any skills already acquired.

An example of a 60 potential Orange hero card as viewed on your Hero Equipment screen:

An example of a Red Hero viewed from the linked hero screen, note that this is the only place you will be able to see the dodge value of a hero. In this example I show you Libra the 95 Potential Defense hero:

Saveric

Saveric
PostedJan 16, 2012 5:30 pm

Hero FAQ

How many heroes can I have?
You can have a maximum of 12 heroes total. While you can have up to 6 in a formation.

I can have 12 heroes? How come it only lets me recruit X many?
You unlock more heroes as you level up and research the technology in your research building.
The level progress of unlocking heroes is the following:

• 1st at level 1.
  • 2nd at level 1.
  • 3rd at level 5.
  • 4th at level 10.
  • 5th at level 15.
  • 6th at level 20.
  • 7th at level 25
  • 8th at level 30.
  • 9th at level 35.
  • 10th at level 40.
  • 11th at level 50.
  • 12th at level 60.

What is the perfect formation?
There isn't a perfect formation. To each formation there is a counter setup that another person can do. The best thing to do is to work with what you have as heroes and find the setup that works best for the situation they are in. PvP and PvE setups will vary greatly depending on what you're up against.

How come my friend and I have the same specialty hero and same potential but our base stats are slightly different?
Different heroes will sometimes level slightly different giving them a little more variety.

I have a level 65 potential 32 attack hero and the tavern in it right now has a 35 potential attack hero, should I replace it with the tavern one?
The difference between a 30 potential or in this case a 32 potential hero and a 35 potential hero is so small due to them both still being blue quality that gaining back up 65 levels might not seem as worth it.
If the hero was a 36 or higher potential making it a purple quality hero then yes you should replace the blue with the purple. The reason being is that they will have more units due to being purple, can learn higher quality tomes up to IV instead of III, and can have five skill slots instead of four like the blues.

If anyone else has any questions they would like answered I will answer them in post and then add it to the list for future people that read the guide to read if they have the similar question. These questions above are some that I've noticed and answered either myself or were answered elsewhere.

McIrishman

Rank 0
McIrishman
PostedJan 22, 2012 11:05 am

which is better?

I was wondering wether skill books centered on your hero are better or ones centered around your heros troops?