LozAndrews

Rank 1
LozAndrews
PostedJan 12, 2012 7:33 am   Last edited by LozAndrews on Jan 16, 2012 10:25 am. Edited 2 times in total

Signature of the Week #2 VOTING

[Closed] Theme: Rainbows 'n' Stuff.
Signature of the Week Voting

Prize

Whoever wins the SotW #1 vote will recieve this week's theme's equivalent to this trophy with their name and the competition that they won written on it to show off to their friends:

Size may vary.

If anyone would like to endorse the competition then feel free to give the winner some karma as well!

Entries

And here are our entries! To vote please state the name of the person you'd like to win (and preferably why).
  • You may not vote more than once.
  • You may not vote for yourself.
  • The voting thread will be closed in 3 days when the next entering thread will be opened with the winner of this competition.

SiegLhein

MiddySky

paramedicin

zukithewolf

xSatsu

Darkill_17

WilsonA_65796

Risquette

Thank you again to everyone who entered, I hope you'll come back at the end of voting to enter the next competition! The winner will be announced in the SotW #3 ENTERING thread.
Advertisement

Aura_Of_Peace

Rank 0
Aura_Of_Peace
PostedJan 12, 2012 9:35 am
i vote for Risquette
why?
the theme was rainbows, unicorns, etc. right ? =)
and i think not everything needs to be in to the very detail that it would have a chance to win =3
i love that sweet lill siggy.. not much colour.. but can still see the rainbow Smile .. and how can u look at tht face and not vote for it xD + love the hearts and circles in the umbrella and all Very Happy

and that is that ^^ my favourite and the reason ^^ ... best of luck to all =3 <3

LozAndrews

Rank 1
LozAndrews
PostedJan 12, 2012 10:28 am
Thanks for placing your vote Aura!

I vote for paramedicin, I love the simplicity in it. Plus it includes my favourite lyrics ever.

I make new signatures every day so I find it hard to pick which one to put here.

Moznic

Rank 0
Moznic
PostedJan 12, 2012 11:38 am   Last edited by Moznic on Jan 12, 2012 12:00 pm. Edited 1 time in total
In my opinion none of those signatures reaches to a level that could be called a signature except for Risquette.

Feel free to hate me if you think I'm wrong, but do browse on other GFX forums and see what other GFX artist would say.

So I shall place my vote on Risquette, since that actually reaches the basic skills needed in order to make a decent signature. (But still lack depth,lightning)

paramedicin

Rank 0
PostedJan 12, 2012 11:52 am
I guess you could refer to me as a hipster of signatures. I never really got into creating signatures or avatars, though I would always make my own because I was never really a fan of using other peoples' work to improve mine. But whenever I did, I never did stick to the "standards" of creating signatures; rather, I always tried to make mine look unique and easily recognisable as my own.
I see signatures as a sign of individuality, hence why they're called signatures.

Nothing against Risquette, I think it's a beautiful signature, but just stating MY opinion regarding the above post.

Though, ironically, I did use images I found on Google on my submission (little girl and unicorn), mostly because I was very sick and didn't feel inclined to draw.

I probably sounded kinda' dickish, but oh well.

Moznic

Rank 0
Moznic
PostedJan 12, 2012 12:08 pm
paramedicin wrote:
I guess you could refer to me as a hipster of signatures. I never really got into creating signatures or avatars, though I would always make my own because I was never really a fan of using other peoples' work to improve mine. But whenever I did, I never did stick to the "standards" of creating signatures; rather, I always tried to make mine look unique and easily recognisable as my own.
I see signatures as a sign of individuality, hence why they're called signatures.

Nothing against Risquette, I think it's a beautiful signature, but just stating MY opinion regarding the above post.

Though, ironically, I did use images I found on Google on my submission (little girl and unicorn), mostly because I was very sick and didn't feel inclined to draw.

I probably sounded kinda' dickish, but oh well.  

You do not sound like the word that you referred yourself as at all. Everyone share their own point of view over something, so I won't judge that. Coming up with your own resources is quite great imo which is what most signature makers lack nowadays. But then again the internet is their in order for others to help you with resources in order for you to use it in your work since you don't have time nor the material required in order to make what you wanted to make.

So it's always nice to try to make something based on your skill either way.

LozAndrews

Rank 1
LozAndrews
PostedJan 12, 2012 12:20 pm
Moznic wrote:
In my opinion none of those signatures reaches to a level that could be called a signature except for Risquette.

Feel free to hate me if you think I'm wrong, but do browse on other GFX forums and see what other GFX artist would say.

So I shall place my vote on Risquette, since that actually reaches the basic skills needed in order to make a decent signature. (But still lack depth,lightning)  

I understand that you're not trying to be rude but pretty much the sole purpose of competitions like this is for people to improve so rather than insulting everyone's work maybe you should...not.

On a lighter note, having said what you said, if you don't enter and win the next SotW, you best eat your own face. And I'm going to enter c:

EDIT: Btw a signature doesn't have to have good lighting (and other necessary parts of a beautiful piece of art) if they're not trying to make it realistic. That stuff's only really necessary if you're doing photomanipulation or trying to prove you're good to a forum (like most do.)

Moznic

Rank 0
Moznic
PostedJan 12, 2012 12:43 pm
LozAndrews wrote:
Moznic wrote:

I understand that you're not trying to be rude but pretty much the sole purpose of competitions like this is for people to improve so rather than insulting everyone's work maybe you should...not.

On a lighter note, having said what you said, if you don't enter and win the next SotW, you best eat your own face. And I'm going to enter c:

EDIT: Btw a signature doesn't have to have good lighting (and other necessary parts of a beautiful piece of art) if they're not trying to make it realistic. That stuff's only really necessary if you're doing photomanipulation or trying to prove you're good to a forum (like most do.)  

So far I know I'm not trying to be rude, but rather sharing my own opinion if they want to improve their GFX skill. If not then that's their own decision. I do not mind then.

Other then that, KIU peoples. (Keep it up)

Edit-Topic:

Even if I participate or not we all share a different opinion over something, so please refrain from accusing someone else.

SiegLhein

Rank 4
SiegLhein
PostedJan 12, 2012 2:30 pm
I might just do that Moznic, since i'm always looking for constructive feedback but if i look back from my previous signatures that I made back then to the ones I do now, big difference but they still lack that something something to make me satisfied with what I've made.

ANYWAYS...

Vote's for Risquette.

Moznic

Rank 0
Moznic
PostedJan 12, 2012 3:01 pm
SiegLhein wrote:
I might just do that Moznic, since i'm always looking for constructive feedback but if i look back from my previous signatures that I made back then to the ones I do now, big difference but they still lack that something something to make me satisfied with what I've made.

ANYWAYS...

Vote's for Risquette.  

Here are a couple of gfx forums that you could share your work on and receive c&c:
http://www.pimped-pixels.net/
http://gfxforums.net/
http://sig-lab.com/forum.php