jaime777

Rank 0
PostedFeb 01, 2012 6:18 pm
and akakia im sure most ppl wouldnt mind paying a one time fee to play a game that tehy're gonna enjoy like d3 or gw2.
Advertisement

AkakiaDemon

Rank 0
AkakiaDemon
PostedFeb 01, 2012 6:38 pm
jaime777 wrote:
and akakia im sure most ppl wouldnt mind paying a one time fee to play a game that tehy're gonna enjoy like d3 or gw2.  

True but there are also a lot of people who don't like Gw2 or d3 [Like I] and then there are also players who don't wanna even spend the money to buy it either. :v

Idk I guess I keep hearing how the game is going to die when these games are coming out yet I know that none of my guild members or friends are leaving or even caring about these games.

And MMOrpgs only take up a lot of time if you let it :v

jaime777

Rank 0
PostedFeb 01, 2012 6:44 pm
well in ee i think the ppl keeping it alive are the ones who spend a lot on this game. i personally know people on aqua who spent 10k+ on this game. say we lose 90 pct of our population and those players remain they'll be enough to support ee lol.

bsomeone

Rank 0
bsomeone
PostedFeb 06, 2012 1:24 pm
GMObspho wrote:

This thread absolutely has our attention- while we may not reply to everything, we always read everything posted on the forums. We are always appreciative of feedback from players and will be continuing to monitor this thread closely.

However, we do ask that this thread is kept friendly, mature, and flame-free, as we'd much rather see constructive feedback than have to lock the post due to flame-wars.

Thanks for keeping track of this thread, as well as all the others, GM team (_ _) ( ' ' )

---

(The words in bold should help push the point ( - -,))

shadowdeath6 wrote:
^ I know, but Aeria is the bridge for X-Legend and us. And they have the power to ask for some changes, right? ...

...and its not like we can talk to X-Legend, right?

Well... if we want to solve this problem, we will need cooperation from the players, the GM Team, and the developers -- X-Legend.

We need a representative or committee from the developers to hop on over to our servers, study/analize the situation, and take suggestions from players.

As players, what we can do is show them -- without much aggression >.>" -- the "everyday situation" of TW through videos and/or comments on the forums.

As the GM team, I believe you are in contact with the devs often, yes? o.O

We'll need your help to relay the messages between the players and the developers... as shadow said, you're the bridge ( - -,)

And that's my take on this situation... @w@""

What are your takes on this situation, GMs? o-o

And what are yours, fellow players? OwO"

That is all for now... Good day, all. (_ _) ( ^ ^ )

Edit: The servers have to be adjusted to our population... is... the bottom line ( - -,)

Gael4ce

Rank 0
PostedFeb 08, 2012 8:57 pm
Well, since Aeria said they are paying attention, here's my two cents worth.

I would expect territory war to be...well.... a war. A battle royale between forces. Requiring differeing stratigies depending on the force you have, how they are equipped, the terrain and if you are defending or attacking.

The old version had that.

The new one does not.

The new one is not a war. It's a race. It's whoever grabs the crystals first. There really isn't even much in the way of being able to press a late attack to retake a crystal, the map is too tight together and whatever guilds are holding the crystals can defend all four with one strong party and a look out on each crystal. So for the most part, it's a race to see who breaks the crystals first. Once they are broke, most players just go afk and wait for it to end. Not a lot of fun.

And there really is no defending, it's a matter of re-taking it.

My suggestions:
1) The map, overall, sucks. What they did right was move the quest goals to the side so people can complete them w/out much trouble from the fighters. I approve 100% of this concept. What they did wrong was everything else. The crystals are too close, the terrian is too open, and there is no challenge from the terrain itself. There are no crystals that are easier or harder to take or to hold than any other crystal.

There *should* be bottenecks in the terrain that are harder for attackers to press and easier for defenders to hold...there should also be open areas. There should be blind spots and multi leveled areas. The more varience they can pack into it, the more interesting it gets.

2) The vehicles are over powered and too expensive. I'd much rather see a system where a guild gets "credits" - maybe related to something like how many boss monster kills they have or trials members have completed? - and the top two or three ranks can then spend those credits on the war machines. This is supposed to be a guild activity, the weapons shouldn't have to be bought by individual players. If they manage to bring back a true defending system, then one possible upgrade could be a wall around the crystal that attackers have to break through. Different versions of that wall could have a level the defenders could stand on to fight off the attackers, and maybe even cannons on the corners. Let defenders throw up a castle to try to hold a spot. That would be powerful though, and probablys should be limited to one crystal or such.

3) One map. YAWWWWWWWWN. Come on...mix it up. I'd like to see a different map every day. So yes, at least seven maps. A different map every battle would be far more interesting. It takes some experience to figure out the pros and cons to positions on a good map, changing them up every battle would really up the time it takes to master (and thusly get bored) with the whole TW concept.

And lastly..get rid of the random wins. That is just lazy programming. I get that it was done to give smaller guilds a chance, but there are other ways to balance it out. Handicapping systems based on how many players each guild fields shouldn't be that hard to figure out. It's too annoying when your guild does an amazing job and some other guild gets the territory because you carried them.

Xaioli

Rank 1
Xaioli
PostedFeb 08, 2012 10:41 pm
Gael4ce wrote:
Well, since Aeria said they are paying attention, here's my two cents worth.

I would expect territory war to be...well.... a war. A battle royale between forces. Requiring differeing stratigies depending on the force you have, how they are equipped, the terrain and if you are defending or attacking.

The old version had that.

The new one does not.

The new one is not a war. It's a race. It's whoever grabs the crystals first. There really isn't even much in the way of being able to press a late attack to retake a crystal, the map is too tight together and whatever guilds are holding the crystals can defend all four with one strong party and a look out on each crystal. So for the most part, it's a race to see who breaks the crystals first. Once they are broke, most players just go afk and wait for it to end. Not a lot of fun.

And there really is no defending, it's a matter of re-taking it.

My suggestions:
1) The map, overall, sucks. What they did right was move the quest goals to the side so people can complete them w/out much trouble from the fighters. I approve 100% of this concept. What they did wrong was everything else. The crystals are too close, the terrian is too open, and there is no challenge from the terrain itself. There are no crystals that are easier or harder to take or to hold than any other crystal.

There *should* be bottenecks in the terrain that are harder for attackers to press and easier for defenders to hold...there should also be open areas. There should be blind spots and multi leveled areas. The more varience they can pack into it, the more interesting it gets.

2) The vehicles are over powered and too expensive. I'd much rather see a system where a guild gets "credits" - maybe related to something like how many boss monster kills they have or trials members have completed? - and the top two or three ranks can then spend those credits on the war machines. This is supposed to be a guild activity, the weapons shouldn't have to be bought by individual players. If they manage to bring back a true defending system, then one possible upgrade could be a wall around the crystal that attackers have to break through. Different versions of that wall could have a level the defenders could stand on to fight off the attackers, and maybe even cannons on the corners. Let defenders throw up a castle to try to hold a spot. That would be powerful though, and probablys should be limited to one crystal or such.

3) One map. YAWWWWWWWWN. Come on...mix it up. I'd like to see a different map every day. So yes, at least seven maps. A different map every battle would be far more interesting. It takes some experience to figure out the pros and cons to positions on a good map, changing them up every battle would really up the time it takes to master (and thusly get bored) with the whole TW concept.

And lastly..get rid of the random wins. That is just lazy programming. I get that it was done to give smaller guilds a chance, but there are other ways to balance it out. Handicapping systems based on how many players each guild fields shouldn't be that hard to figure out. It's too annoying when your guild does an amazing job and some other guild gets the territory because you carried them.  

I really agree with a lot of your opinions. If you don't mind, I might steal a quote or two and add it to my thread (found here) when I have time : )

Also, if anyone is asking why I made another thread about TW, I wanted to make an appropriate thread without all the guild bashing and etc so it can be appropriate to be presented to GM's or Dev's if it makes it that far. : )

[insert signature of cute anime girl here]

Gael4ce

Rank 0
PostedFeb 08, 2012 11:21 pm
Steal away anything you think may help with my blessing. I care a lot more about getting TW fixed than I do about being quoted/copied/whatever. Smile (Won't stop me from taking cheap shots on you in TW though so long as I have some friends around! Wink)

I've played a lot of paintball and laser tag IRL, the old TW had a lot of that feel to it. If the fight was anywhere near even, you *had* to have stratigy laid out, you *had* to have your timing down, and you *had* to get the right people to the right places at the right time.

I miss that. I miss the stratigy.

One thing I realize I was unclear on in my third point - when I say a different map for every battle, I meant a different map for each territory, so you only see each map once a week. The way I wrote it sounds like I meant each map used once and only once forever. Not do-able for the programmers, and not what I meant. Smile

Smackstick

Rank 0
PostedFeb 13, 2012 2:54 pm

No Reward In Site

Im sure that there are countless posts regarding what I am about to write, but reflection on the past week's events had me thinking:

My guild used to defend those territories with pride. Sure on some weeks we would have the stacks up so high that it became a real challenge, but everyone came together to win it.

Now, rather than a contest of guilds, this TW is more like Kindergarten where anyone can win. I have literally seen guilds with only three to five players in attendance win a territory because they did enough damage to get on the boards and get a percent chance.

Bring back the territory wars where a guild defends what they have. Make it a symbol of guild success rather than random chance.

It is truthfully an affront to all the hard work spent in recruiting and developing a town to position this new version of territory wars as a guild contest. I can appreciate that it is likely the response to people requesting an easier way for their guild to win, but some things simply should go to the best - not the roll of the dice.

When guilds were allowed to defend what they had they had the chance to determine who was best. Now, all you have to do is show up, aggro a crystal and wait to see if you win the lottery. I hope you have plans to adjust this in the future.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

LoveLovey

Rank 4
LoveLovey
PostedFeb 13, 2012 3:23 pm

Re: No Reward In Site

Smackstick wrote:
Im sure that there are countless posts regarding what I am about to write, but reflection on the past week's events had me thinking:

My guild used to defend those territories with pride. Sure on some weeks we would have the stacks up so high that it became a real challenge, but everyone came together to win it.

Now, rather than a contest of guilds, this TW is more like Kindergarten where anyone can win. I have literally seen guilds with only three to five players in attendance win a territory because they did enough damage to get on the boards and get a percent chance.

Bring back the territory wars where a guild defends what they have. Make it a symbol of guild success rather than random chance.

It is truthfully an affront to all the hard work spent in recruiting and developing a town to position this new version of territory wars as a guild contest. I can appreciate that it is likely the response to people requesting an easier way for their guild to win, but some things simply should go to the best - not the roll of the dice.

When guilds were allowed to defend what they had they had the chance to determine who was best. Now, all you have to do is show up, aggro a crystal and wait to see if you win the lottery. I hope you have plans to adjust this in the future.  

+ 1
I completely agree with everything you said. Thank you for taking the time to post this.

[ Aquamarine - Tranquillus - Deity ]

Respect existence or expect resistance.

Sekkkkkky

Rank 1
Sekkkkkky
PostedFeb 16, 2012 9:30 am
I agree. 100% def = glory. random is just.. meh. Neutral
This TW system is making us rely too much on luck..

Yuzero