akatsukimakkura

Rank 0
akatsukimakkura
PostedJan 11, 2012 10:32 pm
What I interpret is:
- PVP is red vs blue.
- Capturing the crystal guild is every guild for itself

So in the instance that if all the strong guilds are on the blue side and all crystals are blue for example, its still a random chance between blue-team guilds to see who gets the territory.

This may or may not encourage guild alliances because regardless, the guilds who have the power and the population will try to win territories for themselves, while the smaller guilds can benefit if they can land their name on the crystal with a percentage.

Advertisement

bsomeone

Rank 0
bsomeone
PostedJan 11, 2012 11:00 pm
Yeeeeah.... I get it now somewhat.. I guess.. @_@

... Red and Blue fight for 33%.

... Big and small guilds help each other defend and capture crystals.

... RNG still determines everything; 8% FTW. xD

Really cool and exciting... can't wait to fight tomorrow's war; a new experience for all (who have not played the TW version)! >: D

... ... ... Good luck and have fun, all... Catch ya there! ( ^ ^ )/

Eden Eternal (Retired 9/2012): [Deity]-Deviryu-Sapphire(Aquamarine)

rickyb2005

Rank 0
rickyb2005
PostedJan 12, 2012 7:45 am
lol those seige weapons sound pretty awsome. I like this all out war open area this map is creating.

Rickyb2005:

celestar

Rank 5.1
celestar
PostedJan 12, 2012 8:13 am
Martinjr wrote:
What if you want to hold the territory since you already had it, is there a way you can have a guaranteed chance of success?  

There is no guaranteed chance to win a territory that i know of.

Mooey123 wrote:
You guys got it all wrong. The crystals will all start out neutral. So even if no one captures any I don't think the previous owner will necessarily get the territory. But they have no starting chance percentage to win. In addition, 3 guilds at a time can have partial ownership of each crystal. Just like how TW has been before  

Correct, the percentage is like it was before as an attacker. In the new TW every guild is an attacker, there is no defender. It is king of the hill. Every zone crystal gives a guild 8+% chance to win the territory for a total of 33.3% total per guild.

lostdiva wrote:

Okay so what I'm seeing with the whole Blue and Red team thing and no solo guild onslaught is that smaller guilds who choose to participate, now not only have close to 0 chance of obtaining the territory  

Actually you have equal chance to get a territory as long as you possess the ability to cap the crystal. Each crystal allows 3 guilds to cap it. The teams are evenly split by guilds. So you can belong to the side with Deity or you can belong to the opponent team on any given TW. Your side will attempt to cap the 4 crystal with the 3 highest capper per crystal getting credit. You also now have to hold the crystal against the enemy side that will attempt to cap your color crystal. There is nolonger wars where the small guild that owns a territory has no chance to reclaim a territory cause they can't defend it. As long as the small guild has crystal capper they have a chance on any TW to claim/reclaim a territory.

akatsukimakkura wrote:
What I interpret is:
- PVP is red vs blue.
- Capturing the crystal guild is every guild for itself

So in the instance that if all the strong guilds are on the blue side and all crystals are blue for example, its still a random chance between blue-team guilds to see who gets the territory.

This may or may not encourage guild alliances because regardless, the guilds who have the power and the population will try to win territories for themselves, while the smaller guilds can benefit if they can land their name on the crystal with a percentage.  

Exactly. Couldn't have said it better.

...pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth. (Monty Python)

Ziegrif

Rank 0
Ziegrif
PostedJan 12, 2012 10:24 am
i think this is great some TWs were becoming a snooze fest unless ya were defending. Too bad that the times when TWs happen are still horrendous hooray for 2 am for me. Welp still looking forward to the weekend when i can play it a couple o times :3 also why do i get the feeling that TWs just became even more of a gamble? As someone said here on the forums IT'S VEGAS BABY!

sebkn88

Rank 0
sebkn88
PostedJan 12, 2012 1:05 pm
this version of TW = always attackin, no defenders, which is nice since they got cruhed most of times >.<, anyway i like it, hope the new machines are good and not just useless, but no op either or guilds with millionare ppl will own the TW

/IGN:Nocturion Guild:Redemption Server:Garnet/Rate me /The true man are those who arent afraid to say what they think cause of the reaction of others/ /The false man are those who tell you half truths to their benefit/ /Be a true man SPEAK the TRUE/

Dash612

Rank 4
Dash612
PostedJan 12, 2012 5:37 pm
The map for this war is stupid, on Emerald at the moment there is 1 huge guild made up of 2 of the old big guilds. The way these crystals are positioned, that huge guild could get all 70 or so of there members to 1 crystal before it even fell how is that fair?

Zeekfox

Rank 3
Zeekfox
PostedJan 12, 2012 5:51 pm
Well, we've had our first type 2 TW.

Yeah, if you're on a dominating side, it's basically like the old TW. You fight for your 8.3% per crystal, then smash the other side while they attempt to regain one. But really, both sides are attackers now, so instead of a defending guild getting 25% per crystal, the other team gets 25% split between the three capping guilds.

So if it ends with 3 red and 1 blue crystal, it could be something like-

RedA 24.9%
RedB 24.9%
RedC 16.6%
RedD 8.3%
BlueA 8.3%
BlueB 8.3%
BlueC 8.3%

The only thing that might be an issue is that I don't know if or how guilds will be penalized for holding a territory more than one week in a row. Previously, the defenders would have less chance to win on consecutive weeks of holding a crystal due to the attackers getting additional damage reduction. Here? I don't know if a guild is or will be penalized or not, and whether or not it penalizes that entire color or just that individual guild.

At the very least, a defending guild can't ever have 50% or more since there's zero chance a crystal will go unclaimed by either color. Most ANY guild can have is 33.3%

"I'll sell Chumlee if I get the chance." ~Old Man Harrison, Pawn Stars

OsmosisGnome

Rank 4
OsmosisGnome
PostedJan 12, 2012 6:03 pm
Having now experienced this war, I say it is more fallable than the previous version. GG Xlegend.

AkakiaDemon

Rank 0
AkakiaDemon
PostedJan 12, 2012 6:05 pm
: x

I'm iffy on it. I like it, it's non-stop. But at the same time...it's still very much like the old ones. Major guild or "Guilds" now get hold of the crystal and there is no way to get it back. We didn't get close to getting one back : x

I won't complain to much because before we lost the crystal my guild actually got a % which is always rare for us o.O; But I do know a bigger guild that isn't liking it and I can understand why. It's hard to plan and make a strategy when you don't know who you are going to be with. And if you are stuck with "n00b" guilds and all the 'pro' guilds are on the other side it sort of sucks. [God, it's going to be deadly when all the pro guilds are together =.= God save our souls.] So you will get mix reviews on who side is on what. Give me a week of this and I'll be able to give you a far better option on the tw.

Oh I will mention I lag far worse in this then I did in the others. That is something I will mention I don't like. :v Lag = bad death.