ReizelCrossbone
PostedJan 11, 2012 8:51 pm
sweet!

Martinjr

Rank 0
Martinjr
PostedJan 11, 2012 9:00 pm

Defence?

What if you want to hold the territory since you already had it, is there a way you can have a guaranteed chance of success?

shadowstar93

Rank 0
PostedJan 11, 2012 9:04 pm
From what i see, if a guild captures all 4 crystals, they have a 33.2 chance to take over the territory. So I'm guessing, since it says even having that chance doesn't guarantee success obviously, then whatever guild had the territory in the first place has that other 66.8% to keep the territory. This is just what I'm seeing i could be completely wrong on this, we will find out.

jackhellscythe

Rank 0
jackhellscythe
PostedJan 11, 2012 9:27 pm
It would seem that there is no way for a "defending" guild to guarantee success. The most any guild can get is a partial ownership in each of the four crystals, or 33.2%.

shadowstar93

Rank 0
PostedJan 11, 2012 9:33 pm
Yes, but in regard to what i said, if that's the way it works, then if whatever guild that owns the territory has all 4 crystals also, they would have 100%. I really hope that's not how it works though cause 66.8% chance for the guild to keep their territory is pretty rigged, they wouldn't have to do anything and would still have a high chance. If that's not how it works i don't see any other way for it to work since the max % you can have is 33.2 with all 4 crystals and it says right there in post that that doesn't guarantee success, so if no one wins it it only makes sense for the people that owned it to keep it, unless it just becomes owner less if no one gets it

Alpha_V

Rank 0
Alpha_V
PostedJan 11, 2012 9:38 pm

Hmmm

Sooo is there npcs in this new TW and if there is would they attack the opposing team or something
??????????

<a>Image and video hosting by TinyPic</a>

Mooey123

Rank 0
Mooey123
PostedJan 11, 2012 9:41 pm
You guys got it all wrong. The crystals will all start out neutral. So even if no one captures any I don't think the previous owner will necessarily get the territory. But they have no starting chance percentage to win. In addition, 3 guilds at a time can have partial ownership of each crystal. Just like how TW has been before. So the 33.3% chance to win would be multiplied by 3, giving 100% chance that one of those 3 guilds will win. Not 33.3% for all the attackers and the defender still has 60 something % chance to win.

IGN: MooMaster

lostdiva

Rank 0
lostdiva
PostedJan 11, 2012 10:04 pm

Great!

Okay so what I'm seeing with the whole Blue and Red team thing and no solo guild onslaught is that smaller guilds who choose to participate, now not only have close to 0 chance of obtaining the territory, but now also have to help a dominating guild hold the crystal. Great! Looking forward to helping Deity keep their reign on the territories. Excuse me while I go puke at the thought!

Feel free to correct my thinking. I would hate to be right.

coles1

Rank 0
coles1
PostedJan 11, 2012 10:25 pm

Re: Great!

lostdiva wrote:
Okay so what I'm seeing with the whole Blue and Red team thing and no solo guild onslaught is that smaller guilds who choose to participate, now not only have close to 0 chance of obtaining the territory, but now also have to help a dominating guild hold the crystal. Great! Looking forward to helping Deity keep their reign on the territories. Excuse me while I go puke at the thought!

Feel free to correct my thinking. I would hate to be right.  

Er no.... basically this is every guild for themselves, with no defenders. Each new TW is another attacking one, with no guilds defending.

Basically, it's up to your guild to get someone who can cap a crystal and then you help defend it from the guilds on the other side who will also be trying to get on it.

It seems more fair, but just a couple things I dislike....

While most old TWs were pillow wars, there were actually some guilds who could defend, and it was fun to come up with different strategies. But now they have no higher chance than anyone else to get their territory back, and we all know how troll RNG is in deciding winners.

Also another thing is that I forsee guild alliances being formed, along with a lot of guild drama coming with that. Maybe not, but seems like it might.