Author Message

dethmatic

Rank 0
dethmatic
Joined
10 Jul 2009
Posts
105
Location
United States
PostedJan 17, 2012 11:15 pm

meh

I don't like it at all, to gain you have to lose? how is this fair?
Advertisement

Saveric

GameSage: Aeria Browser
Saveric
Joined
05 Aug 2011
Posts
1361
Location
United States
PostedJan 17, 2012 11:34 pm
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

More alliances having rewards will make more competition. One alliance controlling all means only one alliance will grow and rest will die out.

mudgee_01

Rank 0
Joined
26 Jan 2009
Posts
46
Location
Sydney Australia
PostedJan 18, 2012 12:27 am

Wars

Err - one being able to control them all means that each week if the other alliances have even a little clue that one alliance WONT EVER BE ABLE TO HOLD THEM ALL. Doesnt matter how big the alliance is, there is no way they can hold every single territory. The way it is now, they will only have to fend off one or two territories a war, easily done by most alliances.

The new system means no more wars.

S4 for example - Blacktalons can no longer attack because of only lvl 2 castle. No one is paying 50 bucks to get another attack. Means that if they attack us, fluffybunnies, they will get owned because that is the only territory we have to defend.

At least before they could bid on 7 territories, then attack 1 or 2 with full force, and we would have to guess where they are going.

Before they had a chance, now they have none. 0, zip, nil, not happening.

I just dont understand how you guys cannot see this.

stardragonstyle

Rank 0
stardragonstyle
Joined
11 Sep 2010
Posts
50
Location
United States
PostedJan 18, 2012 12:39 am

Re: Wars

mudgee_01 wrote:
Err - one being able to control them all means that each week if the other alliances have even a little clue that one alliance WONT EVER BE ABLE TO HOLD THEM ALL. Doesnt matter how big the alliance is, there is no way they can hold every single territory. The way it is now, they will only have to fend off one or two territories a war, easily done by most alliances.

The new system means no more wars.

S4 for example - Blacktalons can no longer attack because of only lvl 2 castle. No one is paying 50 bucks to get another attack. Means that if they attack us, fluffybunnies, they will get owned because that is the only territory we have to defend.

At least before they could bid on 7 territories, then attack 1 or 2 with full force, and we would have to guess where they are going.

Before they had a chance, now they have none. 0, zip, nil, not happening.

I just dont understand how you guys cannot see this.  


simple enough, its checkmate and/or stalemate for all the big alliances nobody bids, nobody can win if the entire big alliance is in the 1-2 spots
end result boring = less players = less money aeria and COG makes

Saveric

GameSage: Aeria Browser
Saveric
Joined
05 Aug 2011
Posts
1361
Location
United States
PostedJan 18, 2012 1:18 am

Re: Wars

There have been alliances that have controlled every territory for multiple wars. There are also alliances that have with the only system set up sister alliances that will bid on each other zones to make it to where they don't have to defend and can just attack other people.

You say that S4 is dead because no one will bid and attack for wars. Why not make it to where you can by going with the system and abandoning places? What do you value more 3k honor a day from a card or 50k-80k honor 2 days a week from fighting another alliance, plus the 15k rep a war. 800 rep from the rep card, 7 days in a week is 5,600 rep. Congratulations doing one war where you fight is better than rep card for about 3 weeks.

It's the players choice right now to either keep all their places right now staying over the limit and making no bids occur. You complain there are no fights anymore. Make them.

If the reward for you of: Silver Key x8, Dungeon Key, Force Plunder Card, Super Soldier Pack, Honor Card, and Bounty Card, as that's what fluffybunnys has, are better than the rep, honor, and items(Harmony, Oath, Transmute items, diagrams, gems, books) gained from doing battles keep them. That is your choice on the matter.

S3 talked to each other and decided to abandon places, that's what they will be doing for now on. They want to fight and gain the rep, honor and items. Comparing the places there are really only two places to hold onto: Super Soldiers and Dungeon Key. Other than that the others aren't worth holding onto if it means no fights for the massive rep and honor.

So the choice in the matter falls to you, do you want to sit in your stalemate and hold onto your minimal gains, or do you wish to fight?

badzsunz80

Rank 0
Joined
06 Sep 2011
Posts
3
Location
Gombong Indonesia
PostedJan 18, 2012 1:48 am
and theres other choice of game too! Razz

mudgee_01

Rank 0
Joined
26 Jan 2009
Posts
46
Location
Sydney Australia
PostedJan 18, 2012 2:02 am

Re: Wars

Saveric wrote:
There have been alliances that have controlled every territory for multiple wars. There are also alliances that have with the only system set up sister alliances that will bid on each other zones to make it to where they don't have to defend and can just attack other people.

You say that S4 is dead because no one will bid and attack for wars. Why not make it to where you can by going with the system and abandoning places? What do you value more 3k honor a day from a card or 50k-80k honor 2 days a week from fighting another alliance, plus the 15k rep a war. 800 rep from the rep card, 7 days in a week is 5,600 rep. Congratulations doing one war where you fight is better than rep card for about 3 weeks.  


Wow, I don't know where you get your figures, but it is clear you don't participate in large alliance warfare (not that there is any anymore). In each battle (assuming you actually fight an opposing alliance) you get rep and honor based, sure. I dont know where you think we get 50-80k honor from 2 fights a week or 15k rep from two fights. Having a look now, when we actually fight we gain 9616 rep and 10523 honor per fight. So thats 19k per week rep and 21k honor. That is based on the assumption that if we bid on the 3 territories we can, that the people we are attacking actually defend. Also, that is assuming I actually fight even if they do defend. You get less honor and rep if you dont fight anyone.

Saveric wrote:
It's the players choice right now to either keep all their places right now staying over the limit and making no bids occur. You complain there are no fights anymore. Make them.

If the reward for you of: Silver Key x8, Dungeon Key, Force Plunder Card, Super Soldier Pack, Honor Card, and Bounty Card, as that's what fluffybunnys has, are better than the rep, honor, and items(Harmony, Oath, Transmute items, diagrams, gems, books) gained from doing battles keep them. That is your choice on the matter.  


The reward as you quoted above is definately better than being able to keep only 3 of them, and having to abandon one each week simply to have a fight. Again, you need to look into your facts before you post them. YOU DO NOT GET AN EXPEDITION BOX FOR REKILLING A MOB IN A TERRITORY. You merely get a direct drop such as you would get from say, Stingy Kudrill himself. AKA no, no Aoth, no Harmony, yes some green gems random purples and blues but nothing worth money. S3 as you say they tried it, they did not get anything worthwhile.

Saveric wrote:
S3 talked to each other and decided to abandon places, that's what they will be doing for now on. They want to fight and gain the rep, honor and items. Comparing the places there are really only two places to hold onto: Super Soldiers and Dungeon Key. Other than that the others aren't worth holding onto if it means no fights for the massive rep and honor.

So the choice in the matter falls to you, do you want to sit in your stalemate and hold onto your minimal gains, or do you wish to fight?  


They are also regretting it. I dont want to sit in a stalemate for minimal games, but neither do we want to lose all that we worked towards for even less gain. You are right that the Super Soldiers and Dungeon key are the only ones worth holding on to, but even if we abandon all but two of our territories simply so we can have one fight a week, we cannot guarentee that we still have a fight. Other alliances only have a level 1 castle, so can also not attack. No new players are creating new alliances that want to pay for a castle, so we wont get battle there either.

This new ally system is flawed, and you are continuing to present flawed information to your players. You have at least two major facts above completely incorrect, which I have pointed out.

The developers need to try again.

Saveric

GameSage: Aeria Browser
Saveric
Joined
05 Aug 2011
Posts
1361
Location
United States
PostedJan 18, 2012 2:17 am

Re: Wars

mudgee_01 wrote:

Wow, I don't know where you get your figures, but it is clear you don't participate in large alliance warfare (not that there is any anymore). In each battle (assuming you actually fight an opposing alliance) you get rep and honor based, sure. I dont know where you think we get 50-80k honor from 2 fights a week or 15k rep from two fights. Having a look now, when we actually fight we gain 9616 rep and 10523 honor per fight. So thats 19k per week rep and 21k honor. That is based on the assumption that if we bid on the 3 territories we can, that the people we are attacking actually defend. Also, that is assuming I actually fight even if they do defend. You get less honor and rep if you dont fight anyone.  


Really? You've never got 50k-80k honor from a single match before? Because I have highest I've gained from a single war is 89k. Looking at tonights fights on S3 the winning side of one of the fights tonight gained 15.6k Rep and an average of 14k Honor because not all of them got to fight, some of them gained 40k honor for killing many members some gained 7k because they didn't fight.

mudgee_01 wrote:

The reward as you quoted above is definately better than being able to keep only 3 of them, and having to abandon one each week simply to have a fight. Again, you need to look into your facts before you post them. YOU DO NOT GET AN EXPEDITION BOX FOR REKILLING A MOB IN A TERRITORY. You merely get a direct drop such as you would get from say, Stingy Kudrill himself. AKA no, no Aoth, no Harmony, yes some green gems random purples and blues but nothing worth money. S3 as you say they tried it, they did not get anything worthwhile.  


Incorrect again, the item drops are not the same as you would from Stingy. They are the same items that were in the Chest cept pre-opened. On one of my servers I got a Harmony leggings tonight. And that's on a server I don't play much so the character is in the early 70's.

mudgee_01 wrote:

They are also regretting it. I dont want to sit in a stalemate for minimal games, but neither do we want to lose all that we worked towards for even less gain. You are right that the Super Soldiers and Dungeon key are the only ones worth holding on to, but even if we abandon all but two of our territories simply so we can have one fight a week, we cannot guarentee that we still have a fight. Other alliances only have a level 1 castle, so can also not attack. No new players are creating new alliances that want to pay for a castle, so we wont get battle there either.

This new ally system is flawed, and you are continuing to present flawed information to your players. You have at least two major facts above completely incorrect, which I have pointed out.

The developers need to try again.  


Make them defend then if they won't attack you. You can also abandon them all if you wanted to and then fight the bosses for two and an attack a player that doesn't want to abandon for your other.

lancetronic

Aeria: Product Manager
lancetronic
Joined
26 Sep 2011
Posts
663
Location
United States
PostedJan 19, 2012 1:29 am
Hi,

After receiving player feedback regarding the Castle limitations in Alliance war, we worked with the developers and today it was patched.

We would like to thank all the players that let us know how they felt about the game function and hope you enjoy this version of it. Everyone is more than welcome to continue sending feedback and we'll do our best to bring about quick updates!

danzare

Rank 0
Joined
30 Sep 2008
Posts
25
Location
United States
PostedJan 19, 2012 2:28 am
Specifically what was fixed, besides the ability of players to donate more than 5g per day?

Display posts from previous:   Sort by: