danzare

Rank 0
PostedJan 13, 2012 6:12 pm

No more battles on Server 2?
Server 2 is much depopulated, but there's still a good core of players who enjoy the game there, including new and active ones. The two strongest alliances own all the regions, having absorbed the smaller alliances as active population diminished. I understand wanting to spread this around, but it remains to be seen who would even try to challenge the level 100 leadership and those who are nearing that goal, nearly all in those two alliances. Others are few, and in the 80's at best.

Meanwhile, either of these two alliances would have to give up many sites (and their benefits) in order to challenge the other for one of theirs. Even success in their challenge would leave them with only two sites. I doubt that will happen. Therefore unless a lower level alliance summons the nerve to challenge one or the other, there will be no more alliance wars on S2.

Almost everybody enjoys whatever battles we can find in the Alliance Wars, as well as the goodies they earn. This may well spell the final demise of S2. Is this what you want? I see no acceptable alternatives under these rules.

Please tell me I'm wrong, and that we can continue to have our AW fun.

Advertisement

smiffy073

Rank 0
smiffy073
PostedJan 13, 2012 8:29 pm
Ok so ur up against an ally which out in full force could mop the floor with u do u a) give up 3 territories and bid on 1 knowing they will chuck everything they have at u or b) keep what u have coz nobody else will be able to take it..... Umm B? Seriously whoever thought this was a good idea and could work should be severly beaten with a naily stick.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

smiffy073

Rank 0
smiffy073
PostedJan 13, 2012 8:49 pm
I do have a suggestion that doesn't involve any violence though...
Increse territories to 2 per castle lvl which would give existing allies a reason to upgrade instead of hoarding what they have and make it so that it is possible to fight for territories before regia which would give lower alliances a chance to get some.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

Volare

Rank 0
PostedJan 13, 2012 9:14 pm
smiffy073 wrote:
I do have a suggestion that doesn't involve any violence though...
Increse territories to 2 per castle lvl which would give existing allies a reason to upgrade instead of hoarding what they have and make it so that it is possible to fight for territories before regia which would give lower alliances a chance to get some.  

I liked the second suggestion especially.. one problem for S2 is that those who aren't in the top alliances are too weak to challenge us or most of the bosses. If lower level folks could fight for places it would be more fun for them and liven up the server.

Raising the number by 1 or 2 across the board might work better. Increasing to 2 per castle level might be fine for the first 2-3 levels, but after that would lead to the same dominance that the old way had.. i.e. level 5 could control 10 sites, which is the case for one alliance on S2 atm.

The thing to remember is that this isn't just one unique server.. all servers eventually come to this point of depopulation; there's no reason it can't still be fun for those who stay.

CATGUN90

Rank 4
CATGUN90
PostedJan 13, 2012 10:08 pm
So....there was a clan war just now and our enemy was stingy,we all wait and guess what?
Nothing happen at all D:
So the npc can now trolled the player,man what a nice new feature.
To make it better I was forced to go to battle screen.
Dhem Stingy D :

Participant of Wei Summer of Fun,please check your winning prize and contact me to claim the prize: http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=2018861#16641119 Dwo State 2013: http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1905911

Gmaldo13

Rank 0
Gmaldo13
PostedJan 13, 2012 10:11 pm

New Alliance War

So, as i said earlier... no war tonight in Sv 1.

do you still think this is an improvement?

Saveric

GameSage: Aeria Browser
Saveric
PostedJan 13, 2012 10:48 pm
Servers 3 and Servers 4 had battles on them.

Places that are bid on will have fights at them. If you are over your cap you can abandon your places to below your cap and then can bid on other places to create fights if they are so important to you at the moment. Older servers have a choice of keeping over the cap for more rewards to keep the daily rewards, or abandoning and creating neutral boss zones to fight in and being able to bid on another place that an alliance might have.

You can earn alliance points, rep, and honor only on zones that have battles on them. On unbid lands a battle will no be triggered.

Like with the old system unbid places at the moment will not have a boss fight as the bosses will only defend not attack. There has been a suggestion put in to make it to where bosses will fight on unbid areas, but no eta on that.

Yes, older servers will have an issue with this due to the old system being in place since beta while any new server made in the future no alliance will be going over the cap. Alliances can also lower themselves down to the cap or below it if the wish.

The bosses are Stingy(evil) from Chasm up to Seid, then Earthsplitter(Evil) for the rest. So yes newer alliances will be able to beat them.

There are 14 spots in the current expansion and will be more when the level cap is increased. With each alliance being able to hold max of 5 that means 3 alliances rather than one can control the field. If most alliances on the server have a castle of lvl 4 instead of 5 then 4 alliance can have places with 3 of them being capped.

So to answer your question if I personally think it is an improvement yes. As it can give more alliances a chance to have them instead of one controlling everything.

lancetronic

Aeria: Product Manager
lancetronic
PostedJan 13, 2012 11:58 pm
Hi,

Thanks everyone for letting us know your opinions. I personally do agree with a few of the viewpoints, but will definitely include all feedback in our developer discussions. We'll do our best to implement any changes as soon as possible.

Thanks again to everyone for being a part of the Call of Gods community! Smile

dethmatic

Rank 0
dethmatic
PostedJan 17, 2012 10:13 pm

?

well lance it is official with update you have killed it for large alliances, there is no such thing as a war anymore congradulations i think you guys have finally killed the game

Saveric

GameSage: Aeria Browser
Saveric
PostedJan 17, 2012 11:09 pm
Server 3 had fights. People got honor, people got rep, people get items from boss fights. But also that server abandons places and attacks new ones. No alliance there controls above their maximum.

Two new alliances got territories tonight that had never had them before. So for them probably this system is better. They had been bidding and trying to fight in wars also for a long time to no avail. Now they finally control something. Which can help them get stronger and create more competition.

Also there are 7 uncontrolled places on the field for that server. For alliances that aren't at cap or new alliances coming up. High alliances can also abandon and attack other alliances places for rep, instead of deciding to not do anything.

Let's look at our current servers:
Server 1: Nephilium 8(over limit), HumanAlliance 2, USMC 2, 2 Uncontrolled
Server 2: Wolves 10(over limit), FluffyBunnys 4
Server 3: Spartans 3, MassEffect 1, Hightower 1, LongShanks 1, The_Crows 1, Uncontrolled 7
Server 4: fluffybunnys 8(over limit), Wolves 2, HellfireClub 1, FirstBlood 1, BlackTalons 2

Only one server has alliances all under or at their limit with no one being over. This makes it to where they can abandon and attack other places and keep battles going for rep and honor. While also getting items and silver from boss battles.

This could be why dethmatic for your server the alliance wars appear dead.