FaeryBryn

Rank 2
FaeryBryn
PostedJan 10, 2012 7:34 pm

Story Time: Humans **Updated 1/29/12**

Winners have been announced!
Legends say that the Humans, Turgas, and Muris all lived together peacefully centuries ago. Unfortunately, much time has passed, and the continent of Orta has been split into four pieces...

Fae, a lone traveler and lover of stories, has heard tell that the goddess Nysis's famous Lime fruit has returned! She is currently visiting every corner of Orta in search those who believe they could be the new masters of Lime. Her first stop: the Human camp.

Objective:
Tell a story about yourself or someone you know that could be the new master of Lime. It must concern the {Human} race. The most creative, top three entrants win!

Rules:
1. Only one entry per person, per account.
2. Entries must be received by January 24th, 2012.
3. Entries cannot break the ToS/Fair Play Rules, including no offensive language or bashing others.

Prizes:
First Place: 500 AP
Second Place: 300 AP
Third Place: 200 AP

If you need some inspiration, please see this page. Good luck everyone!

The following are the winners for this event:
3rd - GreenColin
2nd - spike396
1st - zen_fry

(Prizes will be paid out within 2-3 days)

Congratulations to all the winners and thanks to all that participated!
Advertisement

spike396

Rank 0
spike396
PostedJan 11, 2012 9:44 pm

Current Stories...

I've already been writing a fan fic in the LO writing/art/fanfic forum... Does that count for anything? If not this'll be my placeholder =D

FaeryBryn

Rank 2
FaeryBryn
PostedJan 11, 2012 10:24 pm

Re: Current Stories...

spike396 wrote:
I've already been writing a fan fic in the LO writing/art/fanfic forum... Does that count for anything? If not this'll be my placeholder =D  

I would prefer new, original writings. Thanks =)

javifugitivo

Rank 0
javifugitivo
PostedJan 12, 2012 3:16 am
Two Hearts Tale

Ivan was nervous. He had left Blue Coral to travel in search of the Goddess' Lime. He knew that he was going to a dangerous continent in search of something that was little more than a legend. However, Ivan, while was sit in the boat waiting to take him to his new home, he could hear the beating of his heart. From the heart of Aurora.

Yes, Ivan had two hearts since the accident, a year ago. Ivan and his sister Aurora were returning home when a storm surprised them. Ivan was impacted by a lightning that pierced from his head to his toe. Her sister felt the heart of Ivan stopped. Thanks to his expertise as a cleric, she did a desperate spell to try to save his brother, but it was too late. It was then implored the goddess helps.

- I sacrifice, I will give my life for my brother. If he needs a heart, I give you mine if you need ...please Goddess help me!

The ship was about to reach the coast. Ivan clenched his fists. Aurora was still asleep at Blue Coral and she will never wake up. But she was alive. Ivan felt his heart within him, beating and encouraging him to move on. The Lime was his only hope. With the sacred Lime, Ivan was sure that hewould get the heart back to his sister.

His adventure awaits...

zen_fry

Rank 0
zen_fry
PostedJan 12, 2012 6:23 am
Just a few quick questions:

1. Are there any official rules on length of the story?
2. Do we post our entries here in this thread? (the post says "recieved," so I wasn't sure if we were supposed to post it or send it to someone)
3. I'm a little confused about the topic,

"Tell a story of about you know or someone else you know that be the new master of lime. It must be a story concern the {Human} race.

Does that mean we have to tell a story about ourself or another user who's planning to play a human...? Or can we make a fictional hero and characters? And does it specifically have to be about a human who is/is trying/has become a master of lime, or does the human race just have to be the central point of the story?

Sorry if the last question seems rather long and involved, I understand that I'm being a little silly about one line, but I have an idea for a short story that I want to do where searching for Lime isn't necessarily the main point of the story (though I will say that the lime does play a rather big role) . At any rate, I would rather not start on it if it'll just be disqualified.

javifugitivo

Rank 0
javifugitivo
PostedJan 12, 2012 7:03 am
Yes, I sended my story by PM, and he told me that we have to Post the story here to participate in the event.

FaeryBryn

Rank 2
FaeryBryn
PostedJan 12, 2012 3:08 pm
zen_fry wrote:
Just a few quick questions:

1. Are there any official rules on length of the story?
2. Do we post our entries here in this thread? (the post says "recieved," so I wasn't sure if we were supposed to post it or send it to someone)
3. I'm a little confused about the topic,

"Tell a story of about you know or someone else you know that be the new master of lime. It must be a story concern the {Human} race.

Does that mean we have to tell a story about ourself or another user who's planning to play a human...? Or can we make a fictional hero and characters? And does it specifically have to be about a human who is/is trying/has become a master of lime, or does the human race just have to be the central point of the story?

Sorry if the last question seems rather long and involved, I understand that I'm being a little silly about one line, but I have an idea for a short story that I want to do where searching for Lime isn't necessarily the main point of the story (though I will say that the lime does play a rather big role) . At any rate, I would rather not start on it if it'll just be disqualified.  

Answers:
1. Stories can be long or short, that's up to you.
2. Yes, entries are to be posted in this thread.
3. The story can be about the human you're planning to play, or be a fictional human, who is trying to become a master of the Lime. If you're not interested in writing as a human, I will have Turga and Muris Story Times later on, after the Human Story Time ends Wink

zen_fry

Rank 0
zen_fry
PostedJan 12, 2012 3:52 pm
1. Thank you.
2. Thank you.
3. I suppose I should of been a little more clear. It's my bad really. I was trying to avoid specific details, since I wanted to keep my story more or less a surprise, but if I can't enter it, then I suppose it doesn't matter either way. I will send a message presenting my story idea (if that's alright) and I hope you can just tell me whether or not it's acceptable.

1chance

Rank 0
1chance
PostedJan 14, 2012 10:58 am
I want to play...

<<^^Dont get em twisted--- Im on tha left, my dawgs on top haha

GreenColin

Rank 3
GreenColin
PostedJan 16, 2012 9:00 pm
~reserved