bytorbusch3

Rank 0
PostedJan 23, 2012 4:34 pm
this game is cheap to play for a ap buyer try shaiya once and you will realize just how inexpensive it is to play golden age.
Advertisement

migsnoob

Rank 1
migsnoob
PostedJan 25, 2012 4:30 pm
bytorbusch3 wrote:
this game is cheap to play for a ap buyer try shaiya once and you will realize just how inexpensive it is to play golden age.  

Golden Age is not cheap at all, and the two games u mentioned are very diferent in the way you use the ap items and the duration the items last. In golden age u use small amounts like 20, 40, 80 cents repeatedly without feeling it and end up wasting 5 bux aday on minor stuff.
Also many mall items are a 1 time use and their effects are immediate (appointment papers? holy water vials?) or one-day items, and cost $1-5 easily. If you wanna play everyday like this u need a budget for this game.
Definitely some items need to have lower prices, i dont think its worth almost 1 dollar to refresh ur daily quests, and most the time refresh is crap and u need to try again and again.

bytorbusch3

Rank 0
PostedFeb 02, 2012 7:29 pm
one time item like an op hammer almost $12.00 thirty day res rune is $48.00 in shaiya here the most expensive thing is like $16.00 for 30 day item look over the shaiya item mall and compare, you are getting by cheap here not to mention all the freebies they hand out here all the time. I don't buy ap for this game but do for shaiya and understand if they aren't making money then there is no game to play.

NecromancerV

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
NecromancerV
PostedFeb 02, 2012 9:25 pm
migsnoob wrote:
bytorbusch3 wrote:

Golden Age is not cheap at all, and the two games u mentioned are very diferent in the way you use the ap items and the duration the items last. In golden age u use small amounts like 20, 40, 80 cents repeatedly without feeling it and end up wasting 5 bux aday on minor stuff.
Also many mall items are a 1 time use and their effects are immediate (appointment papers? holy water vials?) or one-day items, and cost $1-5 easily. If you wanna play everyday like this u need a budget for this game.
Definitely some items need to have lower prices, i dont think its worth almost 1 dollar to refresh ur daily quests, and most the time refresh is crap and u need to try again and again.  

The game wasn't designed for players to spend AP every day, not unless you have the disposable income to do so. The intention is so if players want a boost or a perk you buy some AP and buy an item or two.

However you can play perfectly well without spending AP. The game is centered around Alliance and Kingdom organized combat, not 1 on 1 combat. So if you aim to be the number one player, yea you will need to spend some AP cause others will to boost their rankings. However event the strongest player can easily be taken down by an organized attack. Ranking the top individually means nothing without a strong Kingdom to back you up.

This game is not for the anti social. You need to be in an active and organized Alliance to truly be a top player.

ramsisthe3rd

Rank 5
ramsisthe3rd
PostedFeb 02, 2012 10:38 pm
NecromancerV wrote:
migsnoob wrote:
bytorbusch3 wrote:

The game wasn't designed for players to spend AP every day, not unless you have the disposable income to do so. The intention is so if players want a boost or a perk you buy some AP and buy an item or two.

However you can play perfectly well without spending AP. The game is centered around Alliance and Kingdom organized combat, not 1 on 1 combat. So if you aim to be the number one player, yea you will need to spend some AP cause others will to boost their rankings. However event the strongest player can easily be taken down by an organized attack. Ranking the top individually means nothing without a strong Kingdom to back you up.

This game is not for the anti social. You need to be in an active and organized Alliance to truly be a top player.  

That there even answers the question.

And besides, the game is completely free because you can do offers for the AP if you really want to spend ap on it without spending cash.

There are many ways to enjoy the game without spending money.

Former Game Sage for Alliance of Valiant Arms. Member of the AVA community for 5 years

migsnoob

Rank 1
migsnoob
PostedFeb 04, 2012 2:35 am
I dont know how what ur saying is related whatsoever. I was comparing ap items in this game with shaiya, and its definitely an expensive game if you wanna spend money on it.
Dont need to tell me how the game works as this is irrelevant.

ramsisthe3rd

Rank 5
ramsisthe3rd
PostedFeb 04, 2012 7:32 am
Sorry, I mistakingly misread your post.

In comparison to shaya it is quite expensive but I do t see how that means anything. That's just the way it works. And people still do spend "mommy and daddy's" money on the game.

What your saying is like saying that iPhones are too expensive and people should buy the cheaper android instead. But in reality people still buy the iPhone.

Nonetheless, hope to see you ingame.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

migsnoob

Rank 1
migsnoob
PostedFeb 06, 2012 4:02 am
ramsisthe3rd wrote:

Np, it was mainly directed to the guy above u.

ramsisthe3rd wrote:

What your saying is like saying that iPhones are too expensive and people should buy the cheaper android instead. But in reality people still buy the iPhone.

Thats like saying dont play golden age buy play shaiya instead, which i dont recall coming out of my mouth lol

Anywho the main point of the thread is that this game is expensive for people who actually wana use ap regularly. In other words $$$ dont give u as much as u'd hope for.

ramsisthe3rd

Rank 5
ramsisthe3rd
PostedFeb 06, 2012 7:19 pm
migsnoob wrote:
ramsisthe3rd wrote:

Np, it was mainly directed to the guy above u.

ramsisthe3rd wrote:

Thats like saying dont play golden age buy play shaiya instead, which i dont recall coming out of my mouth lol

Anywho the main point of the thread is that this game is expensive for people who actually wana use ap regularly. In other words $$$ dont give u as much as u'd hope for.  

Lol, thats half of my analogy.. To finish it for you, people still do buy AP for Golden Age in reality.

That boils down to the fact that Aeria is still making a profit out of Golden Age. If the price become a problem to a larger majority of the players, then logically thinking on a business standpoint, they would do an Golden Age item sale/discount.

In sort, a large portion of it is to make a profit. Which company does not want to make a profit?

Also, I think its not a major problem yet because not many people are complaiing about it.

Finally, I cannot argue that the stuff you get for AP in Golden Age is not proportional to Shyia. But if you look at it, It is proportionally more then what you get when you play, for example, Repulse. Someone from Repulse can come here and have the same argument you are having but use repulse instead of Golden Age and use Golden Age instead of Shyia.

It might be a little confusing but that's what it boils down to when you look at it in a logical perspective.

Former Game Sage for Alliance of Valiant Arms. Member of the AVA community for 5 years

akkichan3431

Rank 0
akkichan3431
PostedFeb 06, 2012 8:41 pm
Items in this game have been getting more reasonably priced. I think the problem is more that there are items you need to have to play that you can't get without AP. Specifically, gems and rebirth items. *holds up hand* Now, of course I get that you can get gems from gem mines. However, even though I spend moderate amounts of AP, my cities are only able to spawn the occasional gem mine that gives aquamarines. Since level 70 gear is a) really hard to fortify and b) kinda low-level for my level 107 hero, this means I can't fortify my gear. I need to either get the massive numbers of aquamarines necessary to get to at least +7 on my gear (hm, on a good day, this can be as few as 20 aquamarines, and on a bad day it's on the order of 400) or be able to get lazurites so I can fortify my level 80 gear. Which, of course, I need even more massive amounts. However, for some reason those are the only two gems you can't buy with gems (the ones you spend in the auction house I mean this time). Really, I think the best fix for this though would be to adjust the levels of wildernesses. If you've got an 1800-pop city, you're probably looking for something better than aquamarines after all Very Happy

So yeah, my two cents.

Aya Snow