NobaNSoda

Rank 0
NobaNSoda
PostedJan 16, 2012 12:50 pm

Chapter 3

Chapter Three: Pain, Loyalty, and Love

Jewels stretched her arms above her head as she stepped out into the crisp Jumbulary night. Her eye caught a boy about her age sneaking around town. She wondered what he was up to so she followed him being sure to stay out of sight.
When he passed the towns outer limits her curiosity grew. The boy stopped at an old abandoned building, and Jewels hid close to the side as he looked around and went inside. She peeked up into a small side window, and watched him set up, what she made out to be, a Tailors work space.
'Interesting.' she thought staying as quiet as possible.
Her large white and black ears twitched as he mumbled to himself. After several long moments she decided to stop spying on the boy and went home.
Papa, I'm home!” she called as she walked in.
“Welcome home Jewels! If you're hungry...-” Mr.Low began.
I know Papa.” Jewels said cutting him off.
She yawned and went up to the bath. After her bath she got a snack and went straight to bed.

At that time...

“Master, what shall I do with this puny human woman?” a turga invader asked.
Her golden hair fluttered in the small drafts of cold winter wind, and her dress was covered in blood that was not her own.
ZIVA!” Zane shouted as he struggled with another invader.
The leader, a tall, muscular turga with dark fur, turned towards the tired, frantic human boy, and smiled showing his large K-9's. “This is the boy who killed my son a moment ago is it not?
The invader holding Zane nodded, and looked over at the dead turga's body. He flinched when he began to talk again.
Jay bring them just out of reach from one another, and kill them. I want them to suffer and watch each other die. Yes, I want them both to witness the light of life leave each of them.” He growled.
Jay did as he was told, and when their leader nodded the two invaders stuck their hunting knifes into the young couple's stomachs. The pain spread through their bodies, and Zane could feel the blood flowing from his body as he watched it flow from Ziva's.
I'm sorry....Ziva...I..I couldn't p...protect you...” he gurgled as blood trickled from the corner of his mouth.
Ziva smiled kindly as she ignored the pain, and did the only thing she could do in this situation. She focused on Zane and used the last of her strength to cast a time-lapsed healing spell. “I...I love you...-” She looked lovingly into his eyes, took one last breath, and let go.
Zane took a deep breath and let his body relax as tears filled his eyes. The invaders dropped their bodies, and after slaughtering the last of the towns people they took every ounce of food and materials they could find back to their crowded camp.

Somewhere the next morning...

I'm off. Wish me luck.” Kai said waving to his girlfriend.
Good-Luck my love!” she shouted while waving excitedly.
Kai took a deep breath, grabbed his small kart, and began walking towards the Jade Forest. He was headed out to collect new ingredients for his cooking. After several minutes of walking in silence he came across a bramble-berry bush. He gently picked the large prickly fruits, and checked each for imperfections. When he'd found eight healthy bramble-berries he decided to move on.
What's this?” he asked himself when he saw a bush he'd never noticed before.
It grew yellow bell-shaped fruits that had pink spots covering them. Kai pulled a small book out of his front pocket and slowly flipped through the picture printed pages. He found that the fruit before him wasn't in his book of “Common Fruits N' Vegetables”
Very peculiar. What are you?” he asked the non-responsive plant as he picked one of it's fruits.
Kai thought a moment and reached into his back pocket. He pulled out a smaller book called “Rare Plants, Delicious Dishes”. He flipped slowly through the pages and stopped when he saw the fruit he was holding.
So you're a Thicumbell huh?” he asked.
He thought a moment and walked over to his small kart. Kai grabbed his small gardening shovel, and carefully dug the plant out of the ground. Once he placed the bush into his kart he piled the same dirt it had grown in around it's thick roots.
'This could make some delicious dishes. I may even be able to sell them in the towns.' he thought to himself. After he finished with the plant he collected the rest of his normal ingredients and headed home to his girlfriend.
Kai and Miika lived together in a small house far from any town. They had no neighbors and wanted no problems from locals in their home towns, so they decided together that alone and far away was best. They think this because Kai is a human, and Miika is a turga. However, the differences between humans and turga meant nothing to them, which kept them in love and caring for one another.
When Kai got home Miika was out on the porch swing waiting for his return. A smile grew across her face as he appeared from over the hillside. She stood to greet him when he approached.
How did it go? You didn't get attacked did you? What's this bush?” she asked full of questions.
Whoa! Whoa, slow down Miika.” Kai smiled. “First, It went great. Second, No, I didn't get attacked, but thank you for worrying. Third, It's a Thicumbell bush. I seem to have stumbled across a rare one that makes really great tasting food.
Miika's eyes sparkled and she hugged him tightly. “So I get to try new delicious foods?” she asked jumping up and down.
Of course you do. I just have to find the “Rare Dishes, Exquisite Tastes”." He laughed.
Miika thought a moment, let Kai go, and ran into the house. Kai laughed at her enthusiasm and followed her into the house to look for his book.
Advertisement

GreenColin

Rank 3
GreenColin
PostedJan 16, 2012 12:53 pm
GAH
I read fast

NobaNSoda

Rank 0
NobaNSoda
PostedJan 16, 2012 12:58 pm
GreenColin wrote:
GAH
I read fast  

lol o.o alright then how was it o.-

GreenColin

Rank 3
GreenColin
PostedJan 16, 2012 1:04 pm
FIEN

NobaNSoda

Rank 0
NobaNSoda
PostedJan 16, 2012 1:07 pm
GreenColin wrote:
FIEN  

ok then well I'm typing chapter 4 now xD hope you enjoy it.

NobaNSoda

Rank 0
NobaNSoda
PostedJan 16, 2012 2:42 pm

Chapter 4

Chapter Four: Awake and Ready For Blood Shed

Several hours later, when the sun began to rise, Zane gasped and coughed as he awoke from his near death nap. His body still ached, and when he looked up the realization of what had happened set in. He slowly pushed himself up into a sitting position, and rubbed his temples. His heart shattered when he looked around again.
Ziva was laying just inches away from him. He crawled close to her and lifted the top of her body into his lap. Zane leaned over her body and rocked back and forth with her as he cried in agony. This was truly the worst pain he'd ever known.
After several moments of grieving he laid her body back on the ground and went to their cellar. He grabbed a shovel, paused just for a moment, and left. He went to the towns grave-yard, and began to dig several deep holes stopping only to wipe the sweat from his forehead.
By the time he'd finished digging the sun had reached it's highest point. With a heavy heart he went back to Ziva's body and brought it to the first hole he'd dug. Zane stepped into the hole, and gently laid her body down. He gently took her necklace off of her and hooked it around his neck.
Then he wiped the tears from his eyes and brought every one else to the other holes he'd dug. The sun had set by the time he'd finished filling the graves with dirt. Zane gathered some rocks and pebbles, and went back to Ziva's grave. He sat by he grave and stacked the large rocks on top of each other to make a pyramid, and he pressed the pebbles into the dirt to shape a heart.
They will pay.” he vowed with blood, sweat, and tears “Every single one of them... for what they did to us. I promise.” He kissed the necklace around his neck, and began to travel to the next town.

While that was going on...

Kai laughed as Miika poked her finger into the soup he was making. Her ears straightened and her eyes widened.
What?” Kai asked.
It's... It's DELICIOUS!!” she shouted spinning around happily.
Kai sighed and shook his head “You're hopeless. How will I ever sell my food if you keep eating it?
Miika smiled innocently and wagged her long tail. Kai laughed and shook his head again. “What will I do with you?” Kai asked her as he patted her head.
You know. This and that.” she laughed and kissed his cheek.
Kai blushed and rubbed the top of his head. He cleared his throat and began to stair at his Thicumbell Soup again. Miika sat at the table and stared at him.
Is it done yet?” she asked.
Almost my sweet.” Kai replied.
When the soup finished the two ate, talked, and washed the dishes together.

Back in Nights workshop...

Night woke himself up snoring, and shook his head. He looked out the window and gasped. Night grabbed his bag and ran home. When he opened the door Leo was sitting in the living room.
“Where have you been? Your training was supposed to start over two hours ago.” Leo growled angrily.
I...I was out practicing in Jade Forest...I must have fallen asleep.” Night lied.
“Is that right? What's in your bag then?” he demanded.
Night set his bag down and Leo went through it. He pulled out a few empty snack bags and Night's dagger. He stared at the items in disbelief. Maybe he was wrong. Night grabbed his dagger and ran out to meet Shadow his instructor.

Jewels kissed her fathers cheek and ran out to her training session.
Good morning Miss. Rose.” she sighed as she entered the training room of the hospital.
“Ah, Good morning Jewels. You can get started to day by showing me your newest healing spell.”
A soldier came into the room and Jewels walked up to him. “Where is your injury?” she asked.
She could see blood but the source was unclear. The soldier removed his head armor to reveal a knife wound across the side of his face. Jewels nodded and held her hands centimeters away from the wound. A blue light began to shine from her hand and the wound, and the soldier flinched as his skin pulled itself back together. When she moved her hands the cut was gone. The soldier smiled, gave a simple nod, and left them alone.
“Good work Jewels. As you grow more experienced in the healing arts you will be able to heal from a farther distance, and ever resurrect in some cases of death. I can now teach you how you can help you comrades bye making them more durable, faster, and ever healthier.”
Jewels nodded and followed her teacher out of the room.

Rita1975

Rank 0
PostedFeb 13, 2013 10:29 am
I like your story, but I would change the color of Night in something a bit darker, because his qoutes are difficult to read.

But the rest of it is pretty good.

Emyst

Rank 1
Emyst
PostedFeb 13, 2013 10:39 am
This is good

Just sayin'