sdu

Rank 1
PostedJul 25, 2008 10:04 pm   Last edited by sdu on Jul 31, 2008 12:57 am. Edited 3 times in total
==== Borderlines ====

[As the three Veil made ready for bed, the battle for the Citadel of Light came to a close, each side withdrawing and heralds sent out to agree a period of time in which they could retrieve their dead and wounded.]

Faint rays of sunlight had breached the horizon and still Mojo could not find Tessa. He had searched and searched and had found no trace of her.

One time he had spied a lock of red hair and had eagerly ran to the body only to discover a dead human's face in the place of his love.

There were mounds of bodies piled up all over the place. The work had been painfully slow during the night - with only torch light to guide them, the stretcher bearers could not easily tell friend from foe or dead from wounded.

Birds scattered from the trees as Mojo roared in anguish. "Tessa!?" He fell to his knees and descended into a pitiful sobbing. Quietly now he called her name again, more in grief than an attempt to reach her.

A flock of crows flew over head, cawing as they circled and spun their way into the distance.

Mojo felt sick at heart. Empty. How had he lost her? The images of the battle flashed through his mind again.

They had been close to breaching the castle gates and then Extreme had flung herself into the battle and almost single-handedly turned the tide. Other fighters had joined her then and cleaved a way through the ranks of the Fury pagans. Mojo had fought furiously to defend Tessa but at one point the press of bodies had put her out of reach and out of sight and he had seen and heard no more of her since.

I've failed you. The words stung him bitterly.

So lost was he in his sorrow he did not notice the shadow that fell across him. A hand upon his shoulder caused him to look upwards sharply, a faint look of hope etched upon his face which turned to dismay as he saw Extreme before him.

Before he could speak, she placed a finger to her lips and said softly "Come with me." She was unarmed and strangely fragile looking as she stood before him. Mojo blinked as the sunlight caught his face, darkly outlining Extreme's smooth features.

She was the enemy and yet he sensed no threat from her.

What did it it matter if she killed him? He felt dead already. And so he rose and slowly followed Extreme towards the Alliance castle

They did not speak as they walked. Extreme led the way and Mojo followed a step or two behind. His world-weariness showed in the way he put one heavy leg in front of the other, a stone tower on the verge of collapse.

They approached and entered the gateway of the castle, and in the courtyard the Alliance wounded lay in neat rows. Various priests attended them and helpers ran to and fro with buckets of water or fresh towels.

Faceless all to Mojo as he passed them by. One man's face blending into the next. He found he cared nothing for anyone any more.

He realised after a time that they had stopped walking. His eyes unfocused and mind dulled. Extreme was looking at him with a hint of sympathy in her eyes, and then she stepped aside.

It took a few moments for Mojo to realise what Extreme was showing him.

Before them lay a prone form, clearly not an Elf or Human but a Veil.

Tessa in fact.

Speechless Mojo knew not whether to laugh or cry and so he stood there, not daring to believe his eyes.

Extreme broke the silence. "We found her some time after midnight. The hospitallers mistook her for a wounded elf, and carried her here." A slight pause. "Only with the morning's light did we discover the mistake."

Mojo barely heard her. He was still reeling from the emotions and exhaustion he was feeling.

"Take her, Mojo." Extreme made eye contact. "You are fierce and courageous opponents and worthy of respect."

Mojo tried to speak but the words caught in his throat.

"Now go," Extreme turned away and Mojo bent down to scoop Tessa up into his arms. Relief flooded over him and he wept into her scented hair. He had only taken a few steps back towards the gates when Extreme spoke again. "But know that when next we meet, It will be with drawn blades."

Mojo paused and stood with his back to Extreme. "I will remember."

Extreme watched as Mojo carried Tessa out of the castle and disappeared from view. She felt a twinge of regret that they must be enemies, but the feeling was fleeting and she headed towards the kitchens for a hot meal and then some much needed sleep. She only made it as far as the entrance before she decided she could not eat a thing after yesterdays bloody work.

Battles always left a sour taste in her mouth and a sick feeling in her stomach. As a young warrior she had thought it a weakness of spirit but as she matured she had come to realise that without these feelings she would be a cold, calculating killer, uncaring of the dead and wounded that littered the bloody fields.

Humanity is what seperated heroes from monsters.

Perhaps that is why she had reunited Mojo with Tessa. An effort to reunite herself with her own humanity.

Pondering this, she made her way to her bed for a long dreamless sleep.

-Wisp-

-I have need of you-

Slowly Wisp opened his eyes and found himself in a dream-like place. It was all whiteness and soundless light.

Deep emerald eyes swallowed him up and drew him in.

-Look- A command.

The whiteness was replaced by a birds-eye view of rolling countryside.

After a time Wisp saw a cluster of ancient ruins upon a hill and he hung suspended in mid air, not able to move or look elsewhere except at the ruins.

-Here-

Wisp understood.

And then he was falling... falling... falling...

=Wisp= Let's do it again sometime
Advertisement

tessa25

Rank 0
tessa25
PostedJul 25, 2008 11:30 pm

:)

OMG!!!
U R AWESOMELY TALENTED!!!
ENUFF SAID

sdu

Rank 1
PostedJul 26, 2008 5:59 am

Re: :)

tessa25 wrote:
OMG!!!
U R AWESOMELY TALENTED!!!
ENUFF SAID  

Surprised My head is expanding, no!!

Ares1020

Rank 0
Ares1020
PostedJul 26, 2008 6:19 am
I keep posting replies and they never go up. And the worst thing is they are nice thought out and well typed replies. Where I take the time to compliment specific parts of the writing. Instead of saying "i liked it write moar plz."

That said:
i liked it write moar plz

-Sovereign Co-Leader- Ares1021 50 nm Orc -Ares1021- 4X hm Orc -Ares1020- 15 hm Orc

FangusOfForain

Rank 0
FangusOfForain
PostedJul 26, 2008 12:30 pm
rite moar thees iz teh lonnest storry een ariagmes shiya lol lol

Seriously, this is.

Ildauna

Rank 2
Ildauna
PostedJul 27, 2008 2:45 pm
I love it I love it Smile

Another masterpiece.

I like how you protrait Extreme's character. She is a killing machine on the battle field when she put on her armor. But under that torn and weary set of armor, all she want is peace and the balance of Teos...

Good God Tessa is still alive*I don't want to be public enemy #1 hehe..

tessa25

Rank 0
tessa25
PostedJul 27, 2008 2:55 pm

hehe

u r more then just my worst enemy u are alot of furys nightmare.
lol but i do have a pvp found respect for ur character she is bad a**ed.
but wisp keep this story coming i love it!!

sdu

Rank 1
PostedJul 30, 2008 10:42 pm   Last edited by sdu on Aug 05, 2008 2:54 am. Edited 3 times in total
==== So sad today, man ====

[...Wisp had been given a new life and purpose by the goddess. Mojo had been reunited with Tessa. Extreme found herself still in touch with her humanity, and Ares, Nautica and Fanta managed to survive a nights sleep with a minimum of breathing...]

... Dawn broke over Nocaps. The light flooded into the room where the three furies slept. A sly sunbeam made its way across Nautica's closed lids and remained there firmly, no matter which way he tossed and turned until grumpily he opened his eyes and arose from his flea-mattress. A loud yelling woke Ares and he too arose to find Fanta sprawled on the floor where a frustrated Nautica had pushed him.

"What the hill did you do that for?" Fanta rose angrily.

Nautica glared at her "Your snoring is louder than a dragons fart!"

Ares thought it best to intervene. "Let's uhh make a start on heading out shall we?" He made his way outside the room.

After a moment or two of contestual glaring, Nautica and Fanta gathered their meagre belongings and headed down the stairs after Ares, careful not to inhale too much of the ripe air.

They were out the door in the time it took to hand the key back to the Innkeeper and say farewell with nods and fake smiles.

Outside they all took a lungful of air and watched the colour return to each others faces.

"Oh my god, Ares," Nautica was looking at a mob of people across the street. "Do you see that?"

Across the street was a handful of girls, who had obviously been there hours before daybreak, rolled up beds still lying upon the floor. Several of them held placards saying "We luv u Arse1020". Correct spelling was not the in thing.

"There he is!" The girls all turned towards the Furies and began to scream loudly in delight at the sight of them. Their screaming turned into those of fright as a swathe of dual-bladed guards tore into them, swords cleaving flesh and bone with deadly strikes.

Ares, Nautica and Fanta were shocked by this sudden massacre, and any thoughts of intervention came too late for the fansters. As the murderous guards cleaned their blades with the sandy soil upon the ground, one of them caught Ares' eye and pointed a sword end towards a poster. The poster was displayed upon a board now drenched in blood. As Ares moved closer, he was able to read the poster between smeers of guts and fluids.

Hear ye, hear ye.

To all residents of Nocaps. From this day forward there shalt be no shouting, or raising of voices, or any kind of amusement that may result in loud laughter from any resident of said city.

Any deviation from this rule shall be met with a swift death.

Long live the Union of Fury!

Ares motioned the other two and they read the declaration. Ares watched as their faces turned from shocked to disbelief.

"What the f.." began Nautica

Ares hushed him to quietness.

In a whisper Nautica tried again "What the father do they think they're doing? They can't go around massacring every group of girls that breaks out into a screaming fit, even if they are ugly as sin."

Fanta scowled at this and idly fingered her food pack. Food always made her feel better.

Ares thought for a moment before speaking "Let's just get out of here while we still have our heads. The guards don't seem to care either way."

They headed towards the city gates, anxious to be rid of this rat hole as soon as possible and then a familar female figure appeared about a hundred metres in front of them.

Nautica spied her first "Hey, it's Zinny!" he said. He was about to shout in greeting when Ares pulled him back.

"Are you a fool? What did I just say? Make any noise loud enough to wake the guards from their dutiful sleeping and they'll cut you to shreds." Ares forgot about Zinny in his anger towards Nautica.

Zinny wore a big smile "Hey guys! How are you doing? I can't believe I saw you here, you'll never guess.." Her voice carried across the city like a tower bell. Dark shadows detached themselves from the side streets, bent on murder.

"Zinny, no!" Ares turned to warn her too late.

A slightly shocked but still smiling face sailed through the air and landed at his feet.

"Oh my god, they killed Zinny!" A voice called from nowhere in particular.

"You ba....!" Began an answering reply and then two gurgling sounds cut through the air as two more citizens met their deaths.

Ares, Nautica and Fanta froze mid-panic. After a few reassuring minutes, they moved quietly from their awkward postures.

"Let's just get out of this madhouse." Ares spoke what all three were thinking and they scurried towards the gatehouse with as much haste as could be mustered.

Zinny's headless body lay sprawled on the street opposite and they tried not to look as they shot past...

The three once again embarked upon their journey to Gliter. Will they make it? Will I write it? Does anyone care? Find out soon!

sambodini

Rank 4
sambodini
PostedJul 30, 2008 11:55 pm
Hahahah I cant believe you stole a line from south park for your story. I love it though. You better keep writing these things Wink

sdu

Rank 1
PostedJul 31, 2008 12:18 am
sambodini wrote:
Hahahah I cant believe you stole a line from south park for your story. I love it though. You better keep writing these things Wink  

Yeah im sure if you look hard enough you can find stolen gags throughout my story rofl!

Its not always as blatant and intentional as the southpark one tho. Zinny dies like all the time in pvp - everytime i look at her stat bar its frickin grey lol and one time i was like "OMG they killed zin... wait that sounds familiar!" so i wanted to put it in ever since.