11%41 Votes
1 (Poor)
29%104 Votes
Total Votes :: 358 Votes

jaden237

Rank 0
jaden237
PostedDec 30, 2011 9:33 pm
Voted 5 since I like how you guys create megaten and with good service.
Advertisement

Vafx

Rank 3
Vafx
PostedDec 30, 2011 9:47 pm
jaden237 wrote:
Voted 5 since I like how you guys create megaten and with good service.  

Nice avatar. Made me lol.

Neutral

Nickiees

Rank 0
PostedDec 30, 2011 10:56 pm

I give you a 4 ;D

Marstarrocket

Rank 1
PostedDec 31, 2011 3:15 am
voted it

Miekomans11

Rank 0
Miekomans11
PostedDec 31, 2011 3:58 am
Voted 4, same thing about Shaiya, I would've voted a 2 for that but the epicness of Eden Eternal and DDtank made up for it.

robsus8

Rank 2
PostedDec 31, 2011 4:07 am   Last edited by robsus8 on Dec 31, 2011 4:33 am. Edited 1 time in total
Vafx wrote:
robsus8 wrote:
[*]No security or attempt at security against things like DDoS and SQL injection.background reason why ts1 closed, however I remember you claimed protection is only a nuisance for hackers which wouldnt stop them and would harm mostly normal gamers, so this doesnt make sense  

SQL injection can be prevented by using good programming practices... like using paramaterized SQL statements. That essentially solves SQLi 100%...
The problem is... that programmers can be lazy. They'd rather add new wedding and christmas content... Neutral

DDoS attacks can be more difficult... and more expensive to solve. The problem in this case (generally) is that people are generating a large quantity of packets... and no matter what filters and stuff you have on your router, you've still got to deal with the packets somehow. That takes time... and causes lag (unless you spend some $$$).

You're clearly not very educated on this topic, as hacking protection software would not prevent either of these things Neutral

The protection that is being referred to as 'only' a nuisance for hackers is a completely different type of protection... and yes, they are generally harmful to normal gamers. For example... as soon as you put GameGuard, PunkBuster, HackShield, etc... on your game... you are immediately cutting off all Linux and Mac users from playing the game.
If the hacking prevention is just an afterthought (like it was with Shaiya), there are usually just a few lines of code that a hacker has to fill with NOP instructions out to get past the protection... Neutral

So for normal users... you're taking up resources on their computer... and potentially adding vulnerabilities to their system with the rootkit-like nature of some of the hacking prevention software. On top of that... hacking prevention software sometimes has conflicts with other programs that are completely legitimate Neutral
And for hackers... you're adding 5 minutes onto the amount of time it takes to get started hacking... AND they don't have to bother with the issues that the normal users get! Surprised  

ah, now i get what he referred to. So coding within the client instead of GG etc. Thanks for clearing that up, I dont know any issues with Shaiya so maybe this was already discussed elaborately there.
Anyhow I presonally think a shield does help, just by comparing ts2 at AGE and Mayn. MAyn has a shield (XTrap) and no hackers that i saw (never saw 1, and i played there about 2 years) and AGE has...well....alot (reported dozens who disappeared afterwards).

IrvineLols

Rank 0
PostedDec 31, 2011 4:30 am

VOTED!

5 star!
I give 5 star because the GS are helpful Smile and please make 200 ap 1250 coins Smile

zReflex

Rank 5
zReflex
PostedDec 31, 2011 2:16 pm
i voted 2,
it probably aint your fault, but those "free ap survey's" on give me spam mails ~,~'
i hear in other country's that the survey's work, could you please look at the survey's from holland?
If those survey's work i would vote a 4 Smile
cuz i dont know, but this just isn't worth a 5 :S

Kamikord

Rank 0
Kamikord
PostedDec 31, 2011 2:26 pm
I voted 4. In general the services and games are great, at least I havent got any problems. I didnt put 5 because last week I had a problem with my AP: 2700 AP were missing. Te problem was solved (got my AP back) after a week I send the ticket, and in that week I was about to freak out and quit because there was no response about my problem (response nor status on ticket), so I suggest that in these cases where it takes some time to resolve the issues, the aeria team should send some kind of report every 2 days to the user, so he know whats going on with his problem and he dont freak out like me xD.

Thanks for giving us some nice games, like DDTank!!!!!!

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
PostedDec 31, 2011 3:58 pm
Im voting 3

5/5 for the GMs team and the PMs quality of service.

1/5 for senior managment who could care less about the health of the game, only lining their pockets with $$$.

- Courtesy of the Great Avyn