16%60 Votes
11%41 Votes
1 (Poor)
29%104 Votes
Total Votes :: 358 Votes

swoopula

Rank 3
swoopula
PostedDec 28, 2011 7:14 pm   Last edited by swoopula on Dec 28, 2011 7:24 pm. Edited 1 time in total
Voted a 1. Almost voted a 2, but decided against it.
My criticism comes from the Grand Fantasia game.

1) The PM has literally no idea what he is doing. Since he started as PM, the price of AP items has literally tripled, and the quantities of needed ingame consumables has plummeted as well.

2) TONS OF BUGS AND LOCALIZATION ERRORS. This is in caps, because we have had nonstop 'bug/localization fix' maints for the last 2 months (with little to no success, I might add; the game is still full of both of these problems). I know that the GMs don't fix bugs themselves, but when you blame the devs for your problems for several years in a row, it starts to become apparent that maybe they aren't the only problem.

3) Being AP prostitutes. I know that Aeria is a company, and their primary goal is to make money, but when you have 100k AP tiers/rewards for items that anyone can already afford after selling 3k AP in-game (or by simply saving up for under a week), you know you have a problem.

On the plus-side, when I was randomly (and incorrectly, I might add) 3day banned this month (when I hadn't been even online more than an hour for GW in the preceeding week), I was unbanned after only 2 days. :/
Advertisement

crystalpink

Rank 5.1
crystalpink
PostedDec 28, 2011 7:17 pm
I gave 1.75, and so I rounded it up to 2.

I agree totally with what Panda said.

My opinion for RotT:
Just like what other players said on RotT forum, TYJ (RotT's original version) is a fully released game already, and TYJ does not even have the infamous "unable to rejoin" issue that RotT has been having since CB.
Technically, you just need to get the most recent version and translate it. Voila!
There's no need to make RotT look unique with altered UI, shop category and whatsoever....
The UI and everything else on TYJ look perfectly fine. Why all the changes???

All in all, if there's no more progress for this game, I'd say just drop it.
The longer the wait is, the more people will lose interest in this game.

The 0.75 is just because I got chosen to be a Lime Odyssey Alpha tester, and also my recent RTs have been responded quite promptly. That is all.

MasterTenelka

Rank 0
PostedDec 28, 2011 7:23 pm
I recently started playing Aeria games and well...Since i have started i have seen quite a few bugs in the games and it makes it harder to play..Ive also talked to quite a few people and found that their accounts have been hacked in the past few weeks....If those bugs were fixed im sure that many people would play more or again (i know a few friends that have quit because of the glitches) or at least try to beef up your system security so that people can have some peace of mind when they play..

angel_baby01

Rank 2
angel_baby01
PostedDec 28, 2011 7:27 pm

I give...

:|
I give it a 4. There are things I like and things I don't like, luckily I gave a 4.

ShieldWarr

Rank 2
ShieldWarr
PostedDec 28, 2011 7:44 pm

Voted 1

Voted 1
For 3 years i have been playing shaiya and for 3 years it has got so bad that the towns are now becoming ghost towns with people making an account and with in a week quitting.
In my opinion the bad service, poor management, lack of progress on characters skills / resist etc,
over censorship of honest open critism on your forums of failing GM's, and general blatant AP whoring yourselves to con...rob and pillage young gamers (and any others) only would EVER give you a vote of 1.
You all lack any real form of leadership passing the buck between yourselves and not getting the job (s) done.....people pay a FORTUNE in non real money AP yet you cant even get it right for them on a basic customer service level....Prices in shaiya are unbelievably stupid asking 55 OP's for a level 70 top 2.5 bill an OP on Etain lightside ( you do the maths).....in a nutshell and to be bold at probably having my account banned at the very least i will say your nothing but scam artists, running a con as long as you can while raking in the money from your abusively over priced AP.
I would love to vote a 5 just for the fantastic game that shaiya is BUT its the people that run it that is the problem.....your greed with AP is the problem*and lack of getting your stuff done.

deatheater59

GameSage: Wolf Team
deatheater59
PostedDec 28, 2011 7:54 pm
Voted a 4
Pros

• Very good promotions
  • Great interaction with other forumers!
  • Fast help when you need it!!!!

Cons

• Very Slow Ticket replies
  • need more events that give out random ap amounts such as this one
  • like stated before this website itself has so very faulty bugs

Richva22

Rank 0
PostedDec 28, 2011 8:14 pm
I would have voted 0 but they didn't have that number. Sever problems, log in trouble, slow response to ANYTHING.

You want an example. If you use AP and buy anything you will see a blurb that says to clear your bank out if you dont get your items because the sale is "pending". Then it says if that doesnt work send a ticket.

Well after doing all that the respone was we need a SS. So I copied everything I could and pasted it in the next ticket. The response was need a SS. So I sent what I could and still no response/

Imagine that AGE KNOWS there is an issue then jerks the customer around acting like its the customers responsibility to prove there is a problem with something they already KNOW has a problem.

Just part of the ongoing downhill spiral of this game.

Happy New Year

dyynamo2

Rank 0
PostedDec 28, 2011 8:21 pm
Aeria is an awful company intent on ruining the economies of all of its games.

Customer service is usually awful.

Voted a one.

Almost as bad as Nexon. Go learn a thing or two from Gpotato.

JoltyEon

Rank 0
PostedDec 28, 2011 8:30 pm
Voted 4 based on my experience with Aeria in Eden Eternal.

Haven't had any server crashing problems, or major issues with the game itself. Support tickets have been responded to pretty promptly. GMs have been fairly active with events and such, and does seem genuinely concerned for the wellbeing of the game.

That being said, gold selling/spamming is still rampant and some of the decisions made to combat it have been questionable.

I just hope that Aeria will continue to support Eden Eternal to its fullest, even after it isn't such a "new" game anymore.

Saltyloves

Rank 4
Saltyloves
PostedDec 28, 2011 9:12 pm
I normally don't actually post for these, but this time I do have something to say.

TL;DR - Shaiya needs to improve A LOT. Eden Eternal's GM/PM team is awesome.

Aeria as a whole is a bit hard to rate for me because for some games, you are really amazing, while others are hurting so badly that I'm surprised they are still running at all. This month you get a 3. Although I am not a Shaiya Sage or player anymore, I still have friends there and I spent a LONG time on Shaiya, so I understand what's going on right now. Mad_Moosehead and Avyn are right - the AP promos on Shaiya are just as much a part of what is destroying the game as the dev issues which everyone knows probably won't get fixed before 2015 or so. The way it looks to the community is like you're realizing that you're losing your grasp on the game and you're making the final mad dash to squeeze as much out of it as you can while you still can. None of Shaiya's vets or current players want to see that.

Shaiya severely needs more balance between AP buyers and non-AP buyers. Even when the only "gear" being sold via AP were capes, it was hard enough to compete and that already required hours and hours and hours of farming/grinding. And now, for new players, it's just a joke. It would be more financially reasonable for them at this point to find a P2P game and spend 2-3 years playing it for the same cost as 2-3 months on Shaiya, and they still wouldn't even come close to being able to compete after only 2-3 months. I am not even remotely exaggerating.

There is something seriously wrong with that.

On the other hand, however, as a Sage and player of Eden Eternal, I couldn't be happier with Aeria. It's kinda part of my duty to try and be as unbiased as possible, so I say this as unbiased as I can: The EE team is THE best team I have had the pleasure of working with in over 3 years at Aeria (with one or two exceptions from my time in Shaiya). This includes some who have gone on to other games by now, but they know who they are. They've really got it together, and the EE team is the reason I didn't vote 1 for Aeria this time.

Like any game, it could use some fixing, but even the major issues such as gold sellers/bots are seeing real progress and hopefully some long-lasting resolutions in the near future. They are listening to their players and it shows. I hope there is something to be learned from that.