crazyali

Rank 0
crazyali
PostedDec 23, 2011 8:48 am

Lag

I just downloaded the game and its got a very bad lag, when i usually dont lag for other aeria games.
Is it because i got the game new, or theres something wrong with my laptop?

Advertisement

FighterRx

Rank 0
PostedDec 23, 2011 11:52 am
Game lags when:
a) Your network connection is slow
b)When servers are overloaded(lags for everyone)
c)when the hackers are more than 50% in the game(lags for everyone).
So, to determine what is causing the problem, ask in the game if others also experience lag.

Also, make the graphics to low. Cars look better, also lag is occuring less.

HyperSphere

Rank 0
PostedDec 23, 2011 2:47 pm
Make sure to not have any other programs that use the internet running. Check to make sure that "Panda Booster" or "Akamai NetSession" file sharing services are not running as they eat up bandwidth.

Do expect more lag on the weekends when the servers are loaded with players. If they get overloaded, you will get a message to try again later.

Also, just to be clear, Aeria is not *hosting* this game or Battlefront. You are playing on EA's existing server system, at least for now. So it will not work the same as other Aeria games.

There are no servers for the Asia or Australia regions so people from there tend to have higher ping/lag issues. We have asked EA to add more servers for over a year now but they have not so far.

South americans usually have higher ping/lag issues but this may be due more to internet infastructure problems.

crazyali

Rank 0
crazyali
PostedDec 23, 2011 11:36 pm
Thanks guys, the lag is slowly disappearing Smile