HyperSphere

Rank 0
PostedDec 20, 2011 11:35 pm   Last edited by HyperSphere on Dec 24, 2011 1:38 pm. Edited 2 times in total

New Chat Commands and Issues

new language chat feature added 2011-12-20
To change free roam language channels:
/join AA NN (slash join SPACE language_code channel_number ENTER)

Language Codes/Channels available:
Code:
English   EN / 1-15
German    DE / 1-8
French    FR / 1-7
Spanish   ES / 1-10
Polish    PL / 1-3
Portugues BR / 1-8
Russian   RU / 1-16
*GENERAL  GN / 1-15
*GN means general and is for players who's native language is not available.

Note: Channel number is optional and will be assigned random one if left off

Examples:
/join EN
/join EN 1

To change chat channels:
/C (slash channel SPACE)
Code:
Free Roam  /f or /s
Event      /e
Whisper   /w
Group     /g
Examples:
/f Now I am in free roam channel
/e Now I am in event channel
/w Now I am in whisper channel

NOTE1: If you whisper to someone while in the event lobby, it auto changes to the whisper channel and you appear "stuck".
Type /e SPACE to change back to event channel.

NOTE2: If you whisper to someone while in the free roam, it auto changes to the whisper channel and you are unable to use the language drop-downs to get back. Type /f SPACE to change back to free roam channel or pick free roam from the channel drop down.

Issues:
  • Auto change to whisper channel while in event lobby if whisper to someone -- SHOULD BE KEPT IN EVENT CHANNEL
  • Friends channel no longer available -- USED BY CREWS AND OTHERS TO BROADCAST INFO TO FRIENDS -- SHOULD BE ADDED BACK
  • Game unable to re-connect to current language channel when changing drivers -- HAVE TO MANUALLY SWITCH BACK -- ANNOYING BUT LOW PRIORITY

Let me know of any other useful info or issues found (aside from general chat block issue) and I will add it.
Thanks! Smile

Also, refer to EA forum for more updated version maintained here
Advertisement

NoSpaX

Rank 0
NoSpaX
PostedDec 23, 2011 7:44 pm

Re: New Chat Commands and Issues

new language chat feature added 2011-12-20
HyperSphere wrote:

Issues:
  • Game unable to re-connect to current language channel when changing drivers -- HAVE TO MANUALLY SWITCH BACK -- ANNOYING BUT LOW PRIORITY

1. The game doesn't detect your language ingame. The last used region until you log off is saved in the settings file.

2. Changing a driver actually disconnects from the chat.
After choosing a driver it reconnects, but:
If that channel is full, you will be redirected to a different one in the same region.

Be aware: If the top of the chat window says EN and no number, you might have been thrown in a channel, that has been known as -1 .
Try to use the join command above to join EN / DE where-ever you like to go.

HyperSphere

Rank 0
PostedDec 24, 2011 1:32 pm
1. Yes I noticed this too

2. Yes, it worked that way before...BUT now it appears to ALWAYS not be able to re-connect to the same language channel one was on at least for EN. Before it did this on rare occasion. Now, in all cases, I have been able to immediately change to the previous channel. Mind you , I am not talking about EN 1, this happens even with GN 15 which is relatively empty.

The odd thing about the -1 or whatever channel is that the channel pop-up list does not work until you change/reset the language. Now that I am leaving the game while on GN, it seems to put me on a GN channel when I re-enter the game as it should.