NaturalDisplay

Rank 0
NaturalDisplay
PostedDec 15, 2011 12:31 am

Tier 1 Cars> Tier 2 cars

I just bought an Evo for 60k and it feels so stiff and heavy, yet it says the handling is better than my s13. My S13 is drives a lot better than my evo! The max speed of my evo isnt that much greater than the s13 either. I seriously don't understand how the stats work in this game..
Advertisement

LucianaIV

Rank 0
LucianaIV
PostedDec 15, 2011 3:53 am
The stats work like this: Not at all.

Stats are completely bogus and should not be what you judge a car on, the Evo IX is a boat, clear as day.

Furthermore, you'll soon discover most T1 Boost cars beat several T3 Boost cars and ALL T3 IGC cars, off course we also have T2 Boost cars beating T3 Boost cars, etc. etc. etc.

HyperSphere

Rank 0
PostedDec 15, 2011 10:00 am

Tier 1 Cars> Tier 2 cars and many T3 cars

Yeah, this is the #1 gotcha in this game and leads to much new player fustration.

Marc's (game producer) concept of "balance" in this game is for some T1 cars to be able to compete with many of the T3 cars. To most of us, this makes no sense and so players complain constantly about the need for re-balancing the cars.

Before the over powered boost cars got released, you could use the T1 Nissan s15 up to at least level 25 and then get the lotus elise beating most T2 cars along the way. Now, you could buy the T1 Nissan c10 or VW MK1 and beat many boost T3 cars. On the other hand, the T2 Porche Cayman with "high" stats generally comes in last even against most T1 cars.

Of course, regardless of car, you still need to know the tracks, how to corner, when to use powerups, etc.

Regarding the Evo IX, most AWD cars in this game suffer from handling and performance issues in general. If you really like the car IRL, then keep it and try to put the correct parts on it to make it a little better. Keep in mind though that parts do not "fix" bad performing cars. Try here for part recommendations.

Please refer to the forums in general and these threads before choosing a car...
Rankings of all cars in NFSW with Pictures and Videos
Cars Prices, Performances & Unlock Levels

FighterRx

Rank 0
PostedDec 15, 2011 4:54 pm

Something I noticed in stats(Not related tocracing)

As I'm a pursuit player, I noticed that higher top speed lightens the car, while higher acceleration makes it heavier. Try to balance these and make handling over both top speed and acceleration. This will improve the handling a little, but not much.
Own a boat Nissan GTR(T3), and the higher the handling, the better the car is handled.

I suggest keeping nissan/toyota till lvl 35, after that, keep that car and have some more cars you love to race with, not love to win.

LucianaIV

Rank 0
LucianaIV
PostedDec 16, 2011 2:30 am
Most important rule in NFS World is also:

Want to win, then pay up.

It is free to play, but absolutely pay to win, you will not win anything if you don't spend money, IGC cars will 99% of the time be matched up with the generic Porsche 911 GT3RS, which is the absolute best car in the game and currently not available.

AgameusDWO

Rank 0
PostedDec 16, 2011 2:16 pm

Re: Tier 1 Cars> Tier 2 cars and many T3 cars

HyperSphere wrote:
On the other hand, the T2 Porche Cayman with "high" stats generally comes in last even against most T1 cars.  

So that's why they give it as a free gift. Very Happy