Dakr Mage

Rank 4
PostedDec 17, 2011 9:39 pm
xybolt wrote:
// no edit button Neutral

KILLER91100 wrote:

I have a very interesting experience for you:
Make a cardboard wheel exactly the same as that of Aeriagame$, 1500 laps later, you can be sure, once time (and more!) you win the jackpot, and a lot of times the 2nd price.
You can try this experience 50 times, same result...
near 0% luck to have nothing...  

the loot wheel works really differently then that card board wheel. How would you compare the results if the circumstances aren't equal ? Neutral

crystalpink wrote:

Did you even read what Dakr Mage explained a few pages back?
I believe that's how the loot wheel works  

i'm sorry, but PacMan's theory is more close of it Razz
that's what i think because i thought the same too and a program cannot switch to an another value or it would be pretty obvious Neutral  

I wouldn't say mine is necessarily a theory as much as it is that I don't like the way it is represented. I agree with PacMan's idea on the way it works completely. What I'm trying to get across though is that the wheel is displayed as if you have an equal chance at getting any one of the items on there, when in fact that is not the case. Our two points are actually kind of separate.

If maybe the 10/45/etc AP sections of the wheel were larger and the 20,000 AP item was a smaller sliver part of the wheel then I wouldn't have an issue. The fact that all of them are the same size but are not an equal chance is what bugs me. I still find it deceiving and unethical.

In short,

I don't have a problem with the way it is done - I have a problem with the way it is displayed and represented to the people playing the game. Unless someone can sway me otherwise, I don't plan on spending my money on it and I will advise others against it too (but it is still up to them - it's not my money.)

Very Happy
Advertisement

Dakr Mage

Rank 4
PostedDec 17, 2011 9:40 pm
Example: (Can't edit my previous post...)

KILLER91100

Rank 0
KILLER91100
PostedDec 17, 2011 10:57 pm
Dakr Mage wrotte:

the loot wheel works really differently then that card board wheel. How would you compare the results if the circumstances aren't equal ?  

Read again this : >>> PostedYesterday, at 4:07 pm <<<

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedDec 18, 2011 4:40 am
KILLER91100 wrote:
Dakr Mage wrotte:

the loot wheel works really differently then that card board wheel. How would you compare the results if the circumstances aren't equal ?  

Read again this : >>> PostedYesterday, at 4:07 pm <<<  

?

it's better to link the post itself because your post is posted yesterday at this moment Razz

signature of xybolt

KILLER91100

Rank 0
KILLER91100
PostedDec 18, 2011 10:19 am
i've not found how copy/paste the link..

>>PostedDec 16, 2011 3:07 pm<<

I hope it's better :p

Dakr Mage

Rank 4
PostedDec 18, 2011 10:24 am
I don't know what post you are referring to.

LilianMcK

Rank 5
LilianMcK
PostedDec 18, 2011 11:08 am
Dakr Mage wrote:
I don't know what post you are referring to.  

Well going by the date and time he gave it is this one:

KILLER91100 wrote:

it was a picture to illustrate what is a real chance ..
The lootwheel is not a real chance, it is a probability (% with algorithm) set & controlled by computer ... we are near 0% .. > 0/1504.. but some players win jackpot... so it's not 0%, but it's really near...

lost 35K aps and never see jackpot again! oh boy it is getting hard.  

yeah, you think : what's that?! i'm dreaming.. [It's not 35K, it's in total : 52400AP (2 loot wheel)
I ve NERVER seen the 1st (jackpot) AND the 2nd price (500/1000) > 2 loot wheels]

It's why i'm here, i've decided to WARN all players about that.  

And KILLER you are correct. Unfortunately there is no button available to quote your own posts. However for future reference if you find the need to do this then follow these steps.

No spaces to be used, I am just adding so you can see in text rather than it actually turning into a quote.

[ quote="KILLER91100"][ quote] Your pasted text here [ /quote]

Remember remove any spaces I put above just for illustration purposes

Dakr Mage

Rank 4
PostedDec 18, 2011 11:32 am
I still don't know what that has to do with what I'm saying lol...

My whole point is based off of the way it looks, not the way it works. I know you don't have an equal chance at getting the various different rewards, and I understand how it works. I'm saying that it needs to be shown in a different way in order for everyone else to understand that you do not have an equal chance at getting the Jackpot or the 20,000 AP. My argument has really nothing to do with everyone else's argument here.

I don't know if this helps at all, but this is what I want to see (but with the updates rewards and with them all correctly proportioned - I only did the Jackpot and the 0 AP to display):

I want it to be shown that you don't have an equal opportunity to get the Jackpot or the 20,000 AP. As it is right now, it looks as though you have a 1/16 chance to get the Jackpot. You don't. I want the jackpot to be displayed as a smaller part of the wheel in order to represent that fact. My complaint has little to do with the way it works, just the way it is displayed to the people spinning.

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedDec 19, 2011 9:56 am
lol, i like your idea, but then the jackpot price would a very small segment while the common winner has a large segment ...

it can make the wheel ugly i assume Razz
i have also a problem with the graphical feature since the chances aren't equal per segment Rolling Eyes
although the needle wouldn't hop easily in the small jackpot segment Wink

LilianMcK wrote:
[ quote="KILLER91100"][ quote] Your pasted text here [ /quote]
Remember remove any spaces I put above just for illustration purposes  

you can use the code tags to prevent BBCode activation... and uhm, if you make it active, i get an anonymous quote because i have 2 quote starters Neutral

Code:
[quote="KILLER91100"]hello[/quote]

see nothing happens ^^

signature of xybolt

Dakr Mage

Rank 4
PostedDec 19, 2011 2:13 pm
xybolt wrote:
lol, i like your idea, but then the jackpot price would a very small segment while the common winner has a large segment ...

it can make the wheel ugly i assume Razz
i have also a problem with the graphical feature since the chances aren't equal per segment Rolling Eyes
although the needle wouldn't hop easily in the small jackpot segment Wink

The screenshot is from an old picture I just found on Google when the AP per spin/rewards were different in that screenshot than they are now - that wasn't my idea. Razz

No, the needle would not hop easily but I'm not necessarily worried about how pretty it looks versus what is right. xD

The rest of what you said I would need clarification on what you mean.