Amirrora

Rank 3
Amirrora
PostedDec 09, 2011 2:16 pm   Last edited by Amirrora on Dec 14, 2011 10:59 am. Edited 1 time in total

LimeOdyssey F.A.Q [From Alpha, to Closed Beta, to Open Beta]

To help answer the frequent questions that usually arise about Alpha, Closed Beta, and Open Beta in most games, I have put together this guide for your convenience. I hope it helps clear some confusion<3

What is the 'Alpha Test'?
To be blunt, it's sort of like the firstdraft of an essay. Where the game is unrefined, but mostly feature-complete. It is where the developers and testers focus on game progression and adding the layer of 'polish and shine' to make the game refined for Closed Beta testing.

What do I do in the 'Alpha Test'?
It will be alike to a closed beta really, you will progress through the game and report issues/bugs/glitches as you run into them. So basically you play the game, and try to keep your eyes open for anything funky! It's also good to explore around areas that aren't just through the normal progression and see if you can spot anything weird. You're in the first line of testers and want to try to catch anything you can that might be game-breaking or faulty and report it so it can be fixed and the game will be more enjoyable for everyone!

Does the 'Alpha Test' wipe?
More than likely, as with the closed beta, there will be a wipe. This is just a test after all and not the full public game.

What is the next Phase of testing?
That would be 'Closed Beta'.

What is a 'Closed Beta'?
Closed Beta is a term used to describe the usually closed testing of a game.
In most cases, only those invited by the company or those that have 'beta keys' (codes to get access to the game) are able to participate. This 'Closed Beta' is a stage of development in a games life where players are able to play the game for a short time in order to help find any problems. This stage usually allows for many more players compared to the 'Alpha Test'.

Where can I apply for 'Closed Beta'?
Right here!
Good luck!

When will 'Alpha Testing/Closed Beta/ect' start/end?
There is no estimated time of arrivial for any of the phases yet.
Just be patient and it should be worth it<3

Will 'Closed Beta' be wiped as well?
More than likely yes. Every Closed Beta I have played has been wiped.

Wiped?! What does wiped mean?
Wiped means generally that everything is erased from the game and started fresh. Characters, items, levels, everything. Then started anew.

Wait... so I lose EVERYTHING?!
Yes. You lose everything in the game you have gotten thus far and have to start over.

But that's not fair! I worked so hard and get NOTHING?!
Note that these phases are only TESTS. Yes you get to play the game early and experience things, yes it's great and dandy, but really what you are doing is testing the game. It is not the 'live' or 'full-release' of the game yet. You do get the knowledge ahead of time of gameplay elements, and knowing you helped test and refine the game for a better gameplay in the future however. And I suppose bragging rights.

How much will the game cost to play after the testing is done?
It will not cost anything. All of Aeria's Games are Free To Play.
The only thing that costs money are the bonuses and special luxury items you can buy from the in-game or web 'Item Mall's', which cost 'AP' or 'AeriaPoints' which must be purchased with real money. This is completely optional, but if you want a little extra, remember that your purchase helps support Aeria Games and helps to keep the games free!

Will they still have contests and events after the testing phases?
Most likely yes. In most games provided by Aeria Games, there are events and contests frequently. Usually the current events for a game are posted on that games homepage. For Lime Odyssey, you can find the newspage here.

So what is 'Open Beta' then?
From my experience it is the last test phase before going live. It is where everyone is welcome to play.

So is 'Open Beta' wiped too...?
No. Most likely not. It is USUALLY only in the other testing phases that the data is wiped.

Will my computer be able to play 'Lime Odyssey'?
The system requirements are listed here. It seems like most computers on the market nowadays SHOULD be able to handle minimum requirements.

Is it worth the wait for 'Lime Odyssey'?
Really, it's each to their own. You're more than welcome to read more about the features here, or lookup gameplay of the other versions via your preferred video-sharing website.

More to be added as needed!
Feel free to ask any questions and I will do my best to answer and add them to this guide!

Advertisement

yulino

GameSage: Aura Kingdom
yulino
PostedDec 09, 2011 2:20 pm
I'm loving the guide; but I have a feeling that it's not going to stop those questions popping up. :L

Amirrora

Rank 3
Amirrora
PostedDec 09, 2011 2:23 pm
Ha ha, it never stops them all. : )
But it should help slow them down a bit hopefully!

ZephyrFireStrom

Rank 0
ZephyrFireStrom
PostedDec 09, 2011 2:51 pm
I'm pretty sure your effort as little as it was, will go in vain.

When Will The Human Race Be Judged. Origin Help Us.

Saraboo

Rank 0
Saraboo
PostedDec 09, 2011 3:00 pm
Great job, maybe it'll at least get rid of a few people asking these same questions over and over again Razz

Amirora wrote:

But that's not fair! I worked so hard and get NOTHING?!
Note that these phases are only TESTS. Yes you get to play the game early and experience things, yes it's great and dandy, but really what you are doing is testing the game. It is not the 'live' or 'full-release' of the game yet. You do get the knowledge ahead of time of gameplay elements, and knowing you helped test and refine the game for a better gameplay in the future however. And I suppose bragging rights  

Also, you could add that sometimes you get special rewards for certain milestones in CB that carry over to OB/full release. Of course, LO might not even have this, but the EE CB comes to mind (hat, titles, special mount, etc).

Amirrora

Rank 3
Amirrora
PostedDec 09, 2011 3:08 pm
Saraboo wrote:
Great job, maybe it'll at least get rid of a few people asking these same questions over and over again Razz

Also, you could add that sometimes you get special rewards for certain milestones in CB that carry over to OB/full release. Of course, LO might not even have this, but the EE CB comes to mind (hat, titles, special mount, etc).  

If such rewards are mentioned or offered, I will add them to the guide<3. But I'd rather not get people excited until there are for sure facts.

Also, Zephyr, when done for EE it helped immensely. It may or may not help here, but we'll see. : )

Saraboo

Rank 0
Saraboo
PostedDec 09, 2011 3:16 pm
Amirrora wrote:

If such rewards are mentioned or offered, I will add them to the guide<3. But I'd rather not get people excited until there are for sure facts.

Ah yes, I understand Wink

ChibiKoi

Rank 2
PostedDec 09, 2011 3:20 pm
But it was said sometimes given.. not directly implied to this game.. BUT yes I doubt it will stop/slow down these questions since new players rarely check forums. If they see life/movement they will be the first to ask instead of read

atoyume

Rank 1
atoyume
PostedDec 09, 2011 3:39 pm
Love it! Great Job! Very Happy

Signature made by .Felina.!

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedDec 09, 2011 3:56 pm
Nice guide Ami Very Happy