LucianaIV

Rank 0
LucianaIV
PostedDec 09, 2011 6:45 am
Superman0X wrote:
EA is working with us to help expand the reach of their game. We are able to reach customers that they would otherwise not be able to reach. This is true for all of our developers.  

So essentially it's the same game with the same servers and accounts, AGE serves as somewhat of a secondary portal that brings in more players and might be cheaper for some Boost wise?

That a bit accurate?
Advertisement

Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
PostedDec 09, 2011 6:46 am
TrIpMo wrote:
Ah ok thanks for the replies. I get it now. That is actually a smart move EA and AGE
Marketing wise then. More customers is more income.

Last question. If I have purchased certains cars on the EA version
I cannot get them transferred if I wanna go play the AGE version.
Right?  

If you use a prior EA account, you can not purchase boost with Aeria Points. You must use an account linked to Aeria, and this can only be done at account creation.

LucianaIV wrote:
Superman0X wrote:
EA is working with us to help expand the reach of their game. We are able to reach customers that they would otherwise not be able to reach. This is true for all of our developers.  

So essentially it's the same game with the same servers and accounts, AGE serves as somewhat of a secondary portal that brings in more players and might be cheaper for some Boost wise?

That a bit accurate?  

Correct. We currently offer 2 EA games this way, BFH and NFSW. We will be adding more as well.

LucianaIV

Rank 0
LucianaIV
PostedDec 09, 2011 6:51 am
Superman0X wrote:
TrIpMo wrote:
Ah ok thanks for the replies. I get it now. That is actually a smart move EA and AGE
Marketing wise then. More customers is more income.

Last question. If I have purchased certains cars on the EA version
I cannot get them transferred if I wanna go play the AGE version.
Right?  

If you use a prior EA account, you can not purchase boost with Aeria Points. You must use an account linked to Aeria, and this can only be done at account creation.

LucianaIV wrote:
Superman0X wrote:

That a bit accurate?  

Correct. We currently offer 2 EA games this way, BFH and NFSW. We will be adding more as well.  

Only downside I suppose for me is that I can't use AP to get Boost, as my EA account is already a few years old.

But no matter, I can see how this is a smart move in any case.

jsskppnn

Rank 2
jsskppnn
PostedDec 09, 2011 6:58 am
SapphireThunder wrote:
EA version = AGE version
They are still one and the same.  

These people are confused,

because the last racing game Aeria had (Project Torque) had different version for Europe. It's hard for them to understand that there's only one version of Need for Speed World.

Rolling Eyes Jussi

TrIpMo

Rank 5
TrIpMo
PostedDec 09, 2011 7:04 am
jsskppnn wrote:
SapphireThunder wrote:
EA version = AGE version
They are still one and the same.  

These people are confused,

because the last racing game Aeria had (Project Torque) had different version for Europe. It's hard for them to understand that there's only one version of Need for Speed World.

Rolling Eyes Jussi  

No I was confused I thought AGE had their own servers.
But I get it now. EA offering AGE to host it. So EA can gain more customers. But the servers are still EA. So I see AGE players driving on the same servers I drive on (EA).

I know anything you buy in NFSW is driver related. So if I made an account through EA their website and created a driver. And have some cars purchased or items. They are in that driver account.

I cannot use AP points or I gotta make a new driver.

Ex AGE 12sky player. Devotion server. Faction: Fujin. Guild Leader Panda ATM Playing TS1 Korean. Faction: Fujin. Guild: (Korean name, AGE forums can't read korean)

HyperSphere

Rank 0
PostedDec 09, 2011 5:07 pm
The sad thing is that there are many world wide players that have not been able to purchase speed boost due to the limitations of EA's system and/or the high cost (sms) and so have played the game as a free player.

Now Aeria's AP purchase system is available but they will have to start over with a new account and driver in order to take advantage of it.

Better than before but definitely not ideal.