Ok...few additional clarifications....
- This is NOT nor has anything to do with Project Torque
- Project Torque (as it was via Aeria) is dead
- Project Torque was based on Level R which still exists and is published by Gamigo
- Heat Online is the currrent version of Level R published by Innologin, at 1st for the americas, later for most other countries, now for all countries since all the old regional IP restrictions have finally been removed.
- Invictus, developer of the base version of Level R/Heat Online has made many changes since the Project Torque days which you may or may not like.
- Need for Speed World is developed by Black Box which is the EA game studio that also developed all of the NFS games since Underground except Pro Street, Shift 1/2 and Hot Pursuit 2010.
- NFS World is based on the Most Wanted and Carbon games, combining their maps into one large free roam area and has many of their tracks. The graphics has been revised and currently has a day/night cycle.
- NFS World is a VERY arcade style racing game, so much so that the car stats are meaningless for comparing cars and some "top" Tier 1 cars are designed to compete with (and easily beat in some cases) Tier 3 cars.
We long standing NFSW players are just getting wind of this new publishing of the game via Aeria so I am sure you will start seeing more of us on the forums