firedale2002

Rank 4
firedale2002
PostedNov 21, 2011 6:53 pm
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before, but there's a problem with this option as far as account security goes.

With the current methods, if your account gets hijacked, people spend however much AP you have on you, and that's it. The BEST they can do is find an account with recurring monthly AP recharging, but that gives you however much time between 'now' and then to figure out your account has been hijacked and take steps to stop it.

With this in place, hijackers can quite literally AP you out of money. They spend all of your AP, go 'hey! They have more AP! Lets spend more!'. Do this a few times... few hundred times... few thousand times... and you won't just have people raging about their accounts getting hijacked and losing AP. AGE can reimburse for fraudulent AP charges, that's easy enough for them to do.

Instead, you'll have people raging about their accounts being hijacked and their money stolen. It's a whole different can of worms. AGE will be obligated to reimburse for fraudulent real money charges, because I highly doubt someone that goes through this would be happy with just being reimbursed that entire amount of AP... when their life savings were just stolen because someone guessed their password.

Advertisement

kikix12

Rank 5
kikix12
PostedNov 22, 2011 4:39 pm

Re: hmmm

sneaky
Seravajan wrote:
A further thing about it what is if you forget that it is turned on and later you use some AP and suddenly you have more AP due this feature and you think "Wow nice a bug" and use lots of AP till your CC bill is incoming with a huge debt on it! Better disable this complately.  
You do know that exploiting such a bug (assuming it would exist) would be against ToS, right?! Not sure how close AP is to "wealth" in terms of law, depending on which it could even be as illegal as stealing actual money.

firedale2002 wrote:
Do this a few times... few hundred times... few thousand times... and you won't just have people raging about their accounts getting hijacked and losing AP.  
There's a daily limit of 5000AP. It would take more time to steal one's "life savings".

If someone wants to use such a feature without taking proper precautions on their side (a "dummy" account to store "playing money" or something, a real, secure password and logging in daily/canceling the feature for extended breaks), then they are certainly at fault.

Now, important is the word "wants" in there. It should not be default. Ever. A mail service I used in the past had "keep me logged on" box checked by default. Law or users? Dunno. But they changed it quickly enough, because it caused them a lot of problems. When real money is certainly getting involved, I believe the pressure would be a lot worse...

niagara1976

Rank 2
niagara1976
PostedNov 22, 2011 8:33 pm
if that is activate even by acident on my account and used. i cancel any AP buying.
that should be off by default.

loveswicked

Rank 0
PostedNov 24, 2011 8:11 pm
Lol did anyone notice that on the ss the user has over 1.6m AP!!!!.... Give me some O.o

Posted By Aeria Mobile

lieselotte

Rank 0
lieselotte
PostedNov 25, 2011 4:16 pm
dont tell me this piece of c**ppy features is supposed to exchange reward points features..

gimme back that system ! Mad

i`d rather get "free ap" 10,25,or even 100 ap than paying 10$ for ap

wickedred68

Rank 0
wickedred68
PostedNov 25, 2011 7:14 pm
I don't like this. The box should be unchecked, and if the user opts to use the option, then let them check the box. Imagine if your in a hurry and/or very tired- you could easily sign up for something you don't want.

I think there's going to be a LOT of angry people.

BlazeFirelover

Rank 2
BlazeFirelover
PostedNov 26, 2011 8:09 pm
wickedred68 wrote:
I don't like this. The box should be unchecked, and if the user opts to use the option, then let them check the box. Imagine if your in a hurry and/or very tired- you could easily sign up for something you don't want.

I think there's going to be a LOT of angry people.  

I would think when it comes to spending money online people would be more aware of what they're paying for. Well that's anywhere. There is a lot of fine print anyway. When you hurry and just click things you never know what you're buying. So if they do get angry they can only get angry at themselves imo.

twigz12

Rank 3
twigz12
PostedNov 26, 2011 8:22 pm
the problem is blaze, that people have been purchasing AP using paypal express for a few years now. I know when i used this method to purchase AP, i didn't read anything! why should i. ive purchased with this method 20+times just click click click till i have to enter my paypal password Smile I would not stop to read on the 21st time just incase there was something different.

you are not worthy to see this signature

BlazeFirelover

Rank 2
BlazeFirelover
PostedNov 26, 2011 8:23 pm
twigz12 wrote:
the problem is blaze, that people have been purchasing AP using paypal express for a few years now. I know when i used this method to purchase AP, i didn't read anything! why should i. ive purchased with this method 20+times just click click click till i have to enter my paypal password Smile I would not stop to read on the 21st time just incase there was something different.  

True. But we all know Aeria loves money so ofc something pops up to help them they have it. You're right though.

culata23

Rank 0
PostedNov 27, 2011 11:23 am
hi ap plz kill616 2mele
ok