Pervy

Rank 4
Pervy
PostedNov 18, 2011 2:01 pm
LordRapthorne wrote:
I would advise changing autocharge so that you have to select it, rather than it being selected by default. Many people don't really read things and this may cause them to rage if they didn't intend to have their AP refilled after spending.  
I believe completely this is part of why it is "Auto-checked" !!!
Advertisement

Vafx

Rank 3
Vafx
PostedNov 18, 2011 6:23 pm
You know what this:

reminds me of? These:

Just like the people who put their auto-checked free junk on installers to make money, I'm glad to see that AeriaGames has now stooped to that level.
You should probably continue this trend by adding a clause to the ToS that says "By agreeing to these terms, you agree to spend at least $100 within the first 30 days of registering". Then when people complain that they are being forced to spend money, you can just say "You agreed to the ToS, right?"

Keep up the fine work.

Avyn

Rank 5.2
Avyn
PostedNov 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Vafx wrote:
Just like the people who put their auto-checked free junk on installers to make money, I'm glad to see that AeriaGames has now stooped to that level.  

It's not really new Razz Those free offers/partner offers have been around for ages. Aeria's bandwidth is like the town bicycle when it comes to third party advertising and software.

Vafx

Rank 3
Vafx
PostedNov 18, 2011 6:37 pm
Avyn wrote:
Vafx wrote:

It's not really new Razz Those free offers/partner offers have been around for ages. Aeria's bandwidth is like the town bicycle when it comes to third party advertising and software.  

Yes, but there is a key difference Wink
When you partake in the free offers - you should be expecting third party advertising and loads of worthless junk. You are willingly doing the offers.
When you buy AP - you don't expect there to be a pre-checked check-box signing you up to automatically buy more AP. The reason it is there is to catch those few unlucky fellas who are in a rush and don't read carefully.

There's not really any other way to justify it. The bright green/bold text, forum posts, and in-game announcements were plenty effective at informing people of the new service. The check-box is just deceptive marketing.

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedNov 19, 2011 8:11 am

Re: Aeria Games Introduces PayPal AutoRecharge

The fasted way to refill your AP!
Superman0X wrote:
Ever get tired of having to exit the game to purchase some AP, to get that item that you need right now?

Well, the solution is here. Aeria Games has now introduced PayPal AutoRecharge. With this payment method, you can have your AP automatically refilled whenever you run low.

Click here for information on how to sign up  

It seems interesting and handy if you want to get more AP automatically.
But can you set some amounts to how much ? like +2000 or +5000, just fe.

+ about the autocheck, i'm surprised that aeria games has taken this decision.
Asked a bud which is a lawyer - cos i was unsure if it's ok - about this and he said directly that it's illegal in belgium.
Not sure about other countries, but i am not supporting this feature if the autocheck is still on....

signature of xybolt

aaronumerouno

Rank 0
PostedNov 19, 2011 11:21 pm

Canceled Auto-Recharge

Well i canceled my Auto Recharge and i want my paypal account to be activated again but then it says "contact HERE" and thers no link to HERE. Also i am very shy in the phone so im very unlikely to do it, so im hoping is there another way like submitting a ticket to request for paypal account reactivation?

If your a GM and wants to reply about this please send me a private message reply separately because i am rarely in the forums.

twigz12

Rank 3
twigz12
PostedNov 20, 2011 10:22 pm
to cancel auto recharge you need to cancel your whole pay pal account? wow.

I suggest that you contact paypal if your account there is canceled. If thats not working then try contact AGE via Billing and the ticket system [url]aeriagames.com/contact/billing[/url]

you are not worthy to see this signature

watcher70

Rank 0
PostedNov 21, 2011 1:30 am

hmmm

sneaky
looks like a very irresposible and questionable activity,

allowing people to perhaps spend more than they intended, and to automatically withdraw funds from an account ( either dd or credit card) without their confirmation.

kinda like picking their pockets

Seravajan

Rank 0
PostedNov 21, 2011 3:26 am

Re: hmmm

sneaky
watcher70 wrote:
looks like a very irresposible and questionable activity,

allowing people to perhaps spend more than they intended, and to automatically withdraw funds from an account ( either dd or credit card) without their confirmation.

kinda like picking their pockets  

Not only this. That this feature is turned on by default can even be illegal in some countries. And it seems that there is no hint about how much is automatically recharged after AP falls below 250. A further thing about it what is if you forget that it is turned on and later you use some AP and suddenly you have more AP due this feature and you think "Wow nice a bug" and use lots of AP till your CC bill is incoming with a huge debt on it! Better disable this complately. Your wallet will thanks a lot to you.

twigz12

Rank 3
twigz12
PostedNov 21, 2011 6:51 am
The amount recharged is the original amount that you purchased. IE: purchase $20 worth of AP, when your AP balance hits 250 you recharge $20. Also there appears to be a daily limit of 5000 AP. however im not sure how this works if your original purchase was over this.. i guess the auto recharge would be 5000 AP even if your purchase was $100

you are not worthy to see this signature