spike396

Rank 0
spike396
PostedDec 02, 2011 11:05 pm
Chapter Sixteen: Luck and The Lime

"You can sleep in," yelled Ark into Luck's room, "practice is cancelled today."
"Why?" Luck murmured.
"No clue." Ark replied as he left to go shopping. Luck got up and took a bath. She got dressed in a white blouse and a green skirt. She walked downstairs. On the table was a cup of tea made by Ark for her. Luck sat down and drank it. Feeling more awake, she fed Gold a piece of cheese and left. Walking throught the falling snow, Luck thought about the sword she was making for Ark.
"I'm so slow," she thought, "Clare finished a bigger weapon in a shorter time." Luck felt slightly depressed. She thought of ways to possibly speed up her crafting process.
"Maybe if I heat it to a hotter level." she suggested to herself. Luck racked her brain for ideas. When she looked up, She was in a dense forest.
"How'd I get in here?" she thought, looking at her tracks behind her, "I'll just follow my prints back." Luck trudged on throught he forrest. She followed her prints.
"I must be near by now." she thought to herself. Making her way around a tree, she spotted a old tower. It was covered in snow covered vines., wilting from the cold. It was made of gray stone. She knocked on the stone. It was solid. She walked around it. She found a wooden door. She felt the wood. It was cold but solid. She pressed on it. It didn't budge. She pressed harder. It opened, and she toppled into the tower.
"Ouch," she said rubbing her head and brushing off snow. She looked up. In front of her was a long spiral staircase. She grabbed the wooden railing an dwalked up slowly. The steps were strong, and held. She slowly clambered up the tower. She made it to the top and fell to the floor, exhausted. She spotted a window and looked out of it. She saw the city in the far distance.
"Wow." Luck whispered, looking at the vast landscape. She sat down and rested. She spotted a door across the way from her. She walked over to it. She pressed and it opened. Inside was a circular room with an odd fruit sitting on a pedestal. Luck looked around and walked up to it. She looked closely at it. It was green with a waxy skin. She picked it up. It felt spongy. Suddenly the floor beneath her disappeared. She fell into a pit of cold water. She clambered out of the water and onto the cold stone, her wet clothes dragging in the water. She shivered and slumped up against a wall. She shivered and fainted, clutching the fruit.

Luck awoke in a bright empty room. She was in her clothes, but dry.
"Hello," greeted Spike. He smiled.
"What happened?" Asked Luck sitting up.
"One of my men found you half frozen to death in an empty tower." Spike said leaning forward. Luck clasped her hand. It was empty.
"Where is the thing I was holding?" She asked urgently.
"This?" asked Spike, tossing the strange fruit into the air and catching it. "How did you find this Lime?" Spike asked seriously.
"I-It was in the tower." Luck answered. Spike tossed the Lime to her.
"Have it and keep it safe." Luck caught it with both hands and clasped it to her chest. "You can keep it as a thank you for your present," said Spike.
"Present?" asked Luck confused.
"The Hourglass." replied Spike pointing to the hourglass behind her.
"Oh... that..." Luck answereded shyly. Spike smiled at then snapped.

Luck jolted out of bed. There was a knock.
"Can I come in?" asked Ark from outside her door.
"Yes." she said sitting up. He walked in.
"Did you sleep all day?" He asked sitting next to her.
"Not exactly..."
"Eating doesn't count." said Ark looking at her.
"Then no," Luck lied.
"Wow really? Well I went shopping and talked to Klent. He taught me a recipe. Ark walked out and said 'goodnight'.
Luck walked over to Gold's box and picked him up.
"I had a weird day Gold." said Luck. Gold squeaked in reply. She smiled. She put him down and changed into pajamas. She lay down and fell asleep.
Ark walked out onto his balcony. 'Only a couple of days for teamaking left,' he thought. He shivered. It was really cold outside. The days were getting shorter and colder. He couldn't believe that he had started with none of what he had except his brother, chef's kit, and talent when he left. He sighed and walked into his room. He lay down. He took out the pocket watch Ventro gave him for Limeday. It had a picture of both of them inside it. Ark opened it and looked at the picture. He smiled. They looked so happy. He fell asleep winding it.

~To Be Continued
Advertisement

spike396

Rank 0
spike396
PostedDec 05, 2011 10:09 pm
Chapter Seventeen: The Last Day

"Today is the last day." Ark stood, leaning on Luck's door. "Come on get up."
Luck stood and staggered, swaying side to side. She rubbed her eyes.
"Nice pajamas." smirked Ark, arms crossed.
"What? I like these." Luck motioned at her pink bunny pajamas. She shooed Ark out and took them off. She put on a purple blouse and a blue skirt. She put on her socks and shoes, and proceeded down the stairs to meet the waiting Ark. She glanced outside. It was pitch black.
"Why are we up so early?" She asked.
"Early? Its about eight o' clock," replied Ark taking out his pocketwatch.
"Eight?!?" Luck gasped.
"Yeah, the days get really short around here during the winter." Ark replied casually. Ark sipped his tea. Luck grabbed her cup. They both drank in silence.
"Lets go," Ark said, placind down his cup. Luck put hers down too. She followed him out into the cold air. She hugged his arm. She couldn't see very well in the dark and didn't want to get lost again.
"You have to finish what your doing today." Ark smiled at her. Luck tried to smile.
"Ok, whats wrong?" Ark asked, stopping.
"Its nothing..." Luck replied shyly.
"Well, obviously it is." Luck kept walking, letting go of Ark. She stopped.
"I have this bad feeling..." Luck turned around. Ark smiled at her.
"Don't worry. We have a whole guild protecting us!" Ark replied.
"Besides, you got me too." Ark walked up to her. "I'll protect you, no matter what." Luck hugged him. Ark hugged her back.
"Promise?" Luck whispered into his shirt.
"Of course." Ark whispered back. He offered her his arm. She grabbed it and they walked again.
"There it is. You ready?" Asked Ark, stopping in front of the inn.
"Yeah," Luck replied.
"Welcome back. Sorry about the sudden cancelling," said Kid, motioning them behind.
"No problem. We used the day off well." Ark replied, "Well, I did." Ark glanced at Luck. Luck fidgeted, thinking about yesterday. She thought about the lime, hidden in a small box in her dresser.
"Well, have a nice last day." Kid smiled, which seemed odd in contrast to his overwhelming presence.
"Hello," greeted Frem looking up from yet another potion. "Welcome back!"
"What are we doing today?" asked Ark glancing at the potion and imediately reading the potions recipe in the liquid.
Luck walked past and down the stairs.
"Morning!" greeted Clare, looking up form her polished claymore.
"Morning," Luck replied walking over to the sword she had to finish.
"Need help?" asked Clare walking over.
"No, I should be able to finish it, but thanks for the offer." Luck smiled, picking up her hammer.
"Okay," Clare said glancing over Luck's shoulder. "Its beautiful," praised Clare.
"Not really," Luck blushed.
"No, really, its great!" Clare continued.
"I have to finish!" Luck said shooing Clare away.
"Okay, okay," replied Clare returning to her own work.

"Okay, Mr. know-it-all, you've learned this before," smirked Frem at Ark. Ark shrugged. What was he supposed to do, tell Frem he could read drinks? He would laugh and call it Ark being modest.
"I guess you're just a great teacher." replied Ark. Frem laughed.
"You're just being modest!" Frem laughed.
"Called it," Ark thought to himself.
"Well, I don't have anymore to teach you really..." Frem thought aloud. "You are done here I guess. Just wait for your friend."
Frem walked out the front door, waving goodbye.
"Hey Kid, where did you guys find Frem?" inquired Ark.
"Him? Umm... He was found by Spike, so I wouldn't know." Kid replied.
Ark remembered what Spike had said, "I find who I want when I want." Ark shivered. It was sort of creepy. He sat down in the lobby and picked up a book on the shelf next to him. The title was: The History of Orta. He opened it. He read of a evil tyrannt that took all of the land and disappeared with the goddess of the land. He read of other Races, non-human. Turga and Muris. He read that Muris lived on a floating island powered by lime. The Turga shared the continents with the humans until the tyrannt came about. The continient split into pieces and the Turga blamed the Humans.
"What are you doing?" Luck asked him. He checked his pocketwatch. It was nine in the afternoon.
"Man time flies!" said Ark as he put the book back on the shelf. He turned around. Luck was holding a sheathed sword out to him.
"What is this?" asked Ark surprised.
"Its what I made in class." Luck smiled. Ark took it form her. It was light and sturdy. He unsheathed it. It was light blue.
"Wha-how did you do this?!" He asked taking in its splendor.
"I superheated it, and thats how it turned out. I don't know why, but I liked it." Luck smiled, proud of it.
"Its beautiful." Ark ran his hand along the inscription. It was his name.
"And it even has my name on it!" He said sheathing it. Luck smiled.
"I knew you'd like it!"
"Lets get home now." Ark suggested. Luck grabbed his arm and they walked out into the dark again. As they walked, a light shone dully in front of them.
"What is that?" Asked Ark leaning over. The light moved with him.
"The sword!" pointed Luck. Ark unsheathed it, and it shone brightly.
"Wow!" they both whispered in unison. They both stared for a second, then Ark sheathed it.
"Lets go." Ark held out his arm. Luck grabbed it and they walked. They walked in the moonlight towards their unlit house. A light turned on as they got close.
"Ventro or your dad must be home." Ark suggested. The light went out. Ark looked confused. Another light went on. As they got closer, it went out to. Ark dashed into the house, drawing his blade. He ran up the stairs just as a figure disintegrated.
"Did you find the intruder" asked Luck worried.
"No." Ark sighed. He turned around. Luck was shaking. A silhouette stood behind her, holding a sword to her neck.
"Good evening Ark." The silhouette said quietly.
"Who are you?" Yelled Ark.
"Your enemy." The figure replied. The hallway seemed to get colder.
"What do you want?" he asked raising his sword.
"Whatever my master commands." replied the figure. "I'll be leaving now, with your friend." The figure and Luck sublimated into air.
"No!" Yelled Ark running forward. They were gone. Ark knelt and placed his hands on the ground. He punched the floor.
"Luck..." he said weakly.

~To Be Continued

spike396

Rank 0
spike396
PostedDec 12, 2011 11:20 pm
Chapter Eighteen: Searching

Ark stood up. He wiped away his tears and ran down the stairs. He sprinted through the dark, empty city. He sprinted as fast as he could to the inn. He reached the front desk, breathless, and walked behind. He walked into the closet and closed the door. He immediately opened the door and stepped out. He faced Spike.
"What's wrong?" asked Spike seriously, seeing Arks expression.
"They-they-some-" Ark sputtered.
"Sit down and breathe," Said Spike urgently. A chair appeared for Ark, and he fell into it. He breathed in deeply.
"Someone kidnapped Luck!" Ark yelled.
"WHAT?!" asked Spike standing up. "Who?"
"I don't know who it was, they just came to our house and took her." Ark replied. Spike snapped and Ocean Flower appeared beside him. Ocean Flower smiled at Ark. Spike whispered into his ear. He immediately frowned and disappeared.
"Describe the person," Spike said returning to Ark.
"I didn't see them that well-" Ark started.
"You better remember if you want to see Luck again!" Spike yelled slamming on the table.
'Uh-I They had blue hair and-"
"Blue eyes," Spike finished. He sighed. "Why?" he whispered to himself.
"What is it?" asked Ark confused.
"Its him." Spike replied simply. Suddenly, the room was filled with cloaked figures, including Ocean Flower.
"You all probably know why you are here." said Spike looking at the masked faces," It is for this reason tat we must make haste. The time is upon us and there is no time to lose."
"YES SIR!" replied the crown in unison. They all disappeared, leaving the room empty once again.
"What's wrong?" asked Ark, once again.
"Greater powers are at play than i had thought." replied Spike simply.
"Lets go." Spike ordered.

Luck cried under her blindfold. What was happening? Why to her? What had she done? She was gagged, blindfolded, and had her Arms tied to what she guessed was a metal pole. She heard footsteps and she went quiet.
"Welcome" said a deep voice, directly in front of her. She felt her gag loosen and then taken out.
"Who are you?" Luck asked, trying to sound brave. The voice laughed.
"You don't need to know that."
"Then why are you here?" asked Luck clenching her fist.
"I'm here to make you tell me where the Lime is." She heard the voice get fainter, as he turned away from her.
"What are you talking about?" asked Luck, feigning ignorance. The voice laughed again.
"Oh I think you know what I speak of." The voice was close to her face now.
"Gag her," The voice said, as the owner walked away. Luck felt a gag being placed into her mouth and tied. A women's voice laughed.
"Have fun," It said. Luck cried when both people had gone. Where was Ark? Where was anyone? Where was she? She cried deeply.
She was all alone.

~To Be Continued

spike396

Rank 0
spike396
PostedDec 30, 2011 12:00 am
Chapter Nineteen: Disappearance

Ark shivered as he and Spike walked in the dark, cold city.
"Where are we going?" Ark asked.
"You'll see." Ark walked behind him, staring at his back. Spike wore a Red Cloak over his black shirt and pants. He walked briskly and purposefully. He stopped in the middle of an alleyway. He turned to a wall. He looked both directions, and proceeded to punch the wall.
"What are yo-"
The wall brightened up, revealing a small, key-shaped slit. He took out a odd key and fitted it into the slot. The wall parted and he strode in, Ark looking around. Inside the room was ten pillars with a glass casing covering an object on each. There were nine limes, covered by the glass. One pillar stood empty.
"What is this?" Asked Ark glancing at the room.
"To protect them." He replied, "This room is only known to me... and you" He added. "I had found all of them but one. The last one was found by you-know-who."
"Luck," whispered Ark.
"Precisely," He continued, "I had found her with it, and decided to let her keep it. I did not know that they would be as rash to kidnap her."
"This is your fault!" Ark punched at Spike. He easily grabbed Ark's hand.
"Will hurting me solve anything?" he asked coolly.
"No." Ark said falling to his knees. Spike released his hand. He grabbed Ark's shoulder and lifted him to his feet. Spike grabbed a giant sword off of the wall. It was silver with words inscribed into the blade. He placed it on his back and turned back to Ark. Suddenly they both heard footsteps. They both turned to a slender figure silhouetted by the moon in the wall entrance.
"I want to help," said a soft voice. It was Clare.
"What does your father think of this?" inquired Spike.
"Well... he-" She started.
"No time. lets go." Spike motioned to Ark. The trio stepped out and the wall closed. They disappeared instantly.

They reappeared in a dark hallway, Ark and Clare gasping from the transfer.
"Shh" Spike whispered, putting his finger to his mouth. They heard voices not far off.
"Have fun" said a woman. They heard footsteps slowly getting quieter. They all walked into the room. Ark saw Luck. He rushed over to her. He removed her blindfold and her eyes brightened as she realized it was him. She shook and cried as he removed her gag and the rope around her arms. She sobbed as she hugged him.
"Come on" Ark whispered to her. He turned around
Spike and Clare were gone.

~To Be Continued

(I kinda forgot about this... Oops!)

Zman7

Rank 1
PostedDec 31, 2011 1:18 am
For some reason i think Gold is a Muris.
Also love the story so far. You looking for characters cause I have an idea for one!

spike396

Rank 0
spike396
PostedJan 01, 2012 1:49 pm
Chapter Twenty: Lair

Ark ran over to Luck and removed her blindfold. Spike turned around and motioned for Clare to follow. He briskly walked down the hall, Clare trailing behind carefully. They came upon a nicely decorated door. Spike opened it slowly. Clare looked in. It was a large room, a king-size bed in one corner and a large dresser on one wall. They both walked in and Spike closed the door behind them. He searched the room simply, picking up objects and inspecting them as if he was a jeweler observing a gem. They heard footsteps. Spike quickly grabbed Clare and slid her under the bed. He disappeared. The door opened. Clare stared at the 16 year-old boy walk into the room. He had short red hair and red eyes. He smiled warmly, but his eyes pierced the room. He looked around the room and turned around.
"Diamond!" He yelled, down the hallway.
"What?" replied a girls voice. It was the same voice that had been talking before. A 15 year-old girl walked into Clare's line of sight. The room decreased in temperature rapidly. The girl had dark blue hair and light blue eyes.
"Where is my sword?" Asked the boy.
"Right here!" replied the girl, stepping into the room and grabbing a sheathed sword from a chest.
"Thank you," said the boy walking away. The girl grabbed the doorknob to close the door, then paused. She looked around the room, then exited, closing the door. Clare sighed. Immediately, she was pulled out from under the bed by her feet. She was about to scream, when her mouth was covered. It was Spike. She relaxed.
"You scared me," she whispered.
"No time," he replied. He helped her up. She brushed herself off.
"Stay here," he told her.
"But-"
"Trust me." He opened the door and ran off. Clare closed the door and sat on the bed. What was happening? Why were they here? Who were these people? Clare lay back and took a deep breath. The door opened. She sat up. The girl was at the door, sword in hand.
"We don't like intruders," she smiled, stepping into the room. She grunted and fell to the floor.
"We don't like you either," Spike replied.

~To Be Continued

Darkill_17

Rank 0
Darkill_17
PostedJan 01, 2012 2:22 pm
Fantastic

spike396

Rank 0
spike396
PostedJan 14, 2012 11:18 pm
Chapter Twenty-One: Regrouping

Clare ran over to Spike and hugged him. Spike stepped back surprised.
"I'm scared," whispered Clare.
"Don't be."
He led her down the hallway quickly. He paused, then ducked into a room. He returned carrying a cloth covered sword. He motioned her to follow him. The moved quickly back in the direction of the cell. The came to the doorway and saw them waiting in a corner.
"Where were you?" Asked Ark.
"Let's go," ignored Spike. He grabbed Ark, Luck, and Clare and snapped.The appeared directly in front of the inn. Dawn was just breaking.
"Luck, go get the Lime." Spike ordered.
"Okay." She replied.
"I'll go with." added Ark.
"Fine, meet us 'There'."
"We will."
Luck and Ark sprinted to their house. They burst through the door. Luck ran up the stairs. She ran into her room and opened her drawers. Ark panted, trying to catch his breath.
"Here!" Luck held the Lime in the air, inspecting it. Ark helped her off of the floor where she was sitting.
"Come on!" Ark pulled her with him. The ran through the empty, half-lit streets. Ark led the way to "There". Spike and Clare were waiting by the wall. Luck handed Spike the Lime. Spike opened the wall. They all walked in. Spike walked over to the empty pillar and placed down the Lime. The room instantly became bright. Intricate lines on the floor lit up as the Limes glowed. Spike walked to the center and unsheathed the sword he had taken. It was golden and it glowed. He stabbed it into the center. The patterns became even brighter. Spike stepped back covering his eyes. Gold jumped out of Luck's pocket and ran into the glowing circle of light.
"Gold!" Yelled Luck reaching out her hand as to stop it. A Muris man walked out of the circle.
"Actually, the name's Corazon," he said smiling. He looked over to Spike and bowed, "Your Holiness."
Ark, Luck, and Clare stared at him looking for an explaination.
"You don't know the son of the goddess?" asked Corazon confused. Spike shrugged.
"We need to stop Genox right now," He said, changing the subject.
"Of course," Said a Turga man, stepping out of the circle, "Being a cat is terrible."
"Psyche, how are you?" asked Corazon, turning to him.
"Been better, where's Soul?"
"Right here," replied a man walking out of the circle, "You think you got it bad? Try being a sword. Thanks for saving me by the way Spike."
"Now that you have all assembled, we can stop Genox." Spike continued.
"You mean that Tyrant's kid? What a brat!" Soul said stretching.
"Excuse me but, what are you all talking about?" Asked Ark thoroughly confused.
"Don't you know?" asked Soul, "Years ago, Spike's mother, the goddess Nysis, fought the corrupt tyrant Genesis to reclaim the Lime. She succeeded, but has left the Planet to recover from her injuries over a period of time. We, Corazon, Psyche, and I, Soul, were set to be Spike's bodyguards and the great leaders of the three races while Nysis was gone. Unfortunately, Genox, Genesis' son, trapped us as..."
"A Mouse," said Corazon.
"A Cat," said Psyche.
"And a sword," finished Soul.
"And according to my information, Genox is trying to create a weapon that is capable of killing my mother while she is dormant and recovering," informed Spike.
"How?" asked Luck, finaly speaking.
"Unfortunately, Genox somehow aquirred one Lime, and is going to use it to power his machine."
"LET'S GO!" shouted Soul, grabbing a blade and running out the hole in the wall. Everyone ran off, leaving Clare and Spike.
"Spike..." mumbled Clare.
"Yes?" asked Spike turning towards her.
"Here." She handed him the claymore, closing her eyes and looking away while doing it.
"This is beautiful." He said taking it.
"Thanks-"
"Just like you."

~To Be Continued

GreenColin

Rank 3
GreenColin
PostedJan 15, 2012 9:35 am
-giggles- Ahh!! I can't wait for more!

spike396

Rank 0
spike396
PostedJan 30, 2012 9:48 pm
Chapter Twenty-Two: Flying

Spike stepped put into the light carrying the claymore on his back. Clare walked out behind him. Spike covered his eyes from the bright morning sun. A giant gust of wind descended on the two. A rope ladder fell from above. Clare looked up. A giant airship slowly descended from high above. Spike grabbed onto the ladder and motioned for Clare to also. The ladder raised into the hull of the flying ship.
"Welcome to the Airship Bahamut!" greeted Soul helping Clare off the ladder. Spike jumped off and brushed himself off.
"Its like my homeland of Laputa," sighed Corazon.
"Except this ship doesn't waste Lime," reminded Psyche.
"Still uses it..." murmured Corazon. The ship lurched as it rose and started to move forward.
"It's humungous..." whispered Luck, walking into the room with Ark.
"That is mainly because it is reinforced," replied Spike glancing around the ship.
"Is it powered by Lime," asked Luck.
"The same ten we found," replied Spike.
"Sir, Genox's ship has been spotted!" Yelled Psyche. The Turgan man pointed out the window and motioned for Spike to use the telescope. Spike looked into the lens.
"So he is using the Quetzalcoatl," murmured Spike.
"Sir, he is releasing the weapon onto the ground!" Shouted Soul.
"The Ixion is moving!" yelled Corazon. Spike turned to Ark.
"You are going to pilot the Chiron" he informed.
"What?" asked Ark surprised, "I don't know how to use any of your stuff!"
"Its really simple, I'll show you," he said walking down a hallway.
"I'm coming," added Luck following.
"Come then," Spike replied simply. They all proceeded down a hall, leaving Corazon, Psyche, and Soul, to work the ship. They walked past halls of metal plates and rivots, doors and windows on either side. Spike opened on of the doors and led them all in. In front of them stood a giant machine.
"Its like an odd cart..." commented Luck.
"Its metal..." added Ark.
"This machine can move without use of an animal and is quite fast," explained Spike.
"What is that?" asked Ark pointing at a cylindrical object mounted on the machine.
"That is a laser," replied Spike, "You are to point it at the weapon Ixion. This will help us pinpoint its location." Ark and Luck stepped into the front seat.
"I think I understand these controls," said Luck, looking over the buttons, levers, and pedals.
"Okay then, I'll use the Laser while you drive," replied Ark climbing onto the back.
"Okay, we'll communicate to you with that," said Spike pointing to a box in the machine.
"But how do we get to the ground?" asked Ark looking at Spike.
"Like this," replied Spike stepping back with Clare. He pulled a lever. The floor beneath the machine dropped to the sides and the metal beast dropped.
"Press the red button!" crackled Spike's voice from the box. Luck glanced around quickly and found it. She reached and pressed it. Immediately the engines roared and the vehicle started to descend slower. The machine lurched as it finally touched the ground. Luck pulled a lever and pressed a pedal. The Chiron lurched forward. Ark looked around the area. It was an empty grassland with a treeline in the far distance. He spotted the Ixion in the far distance.
"Time to fight," he whispered.

~To Be Continued

(sorry for the long wait, just been busy)