CrimsonHoplite

Rank 4
PostedNov 09, 2011 7:02 pm

70 Pagan Gear/Links

Hey professional Pagan's,

I'm a Warrior and Guard that has turned Pagan recently (something new to keep me playing game since I'm crazy bored of game, but love the friends I have here...).

I built a pretty decent Goddess Pagan, here are the stats with only my buffs at lvl 60

For 70, I'm trying to think if I should link the same lapis or change it up a bit; figured I'd ask the 'ubers' or the individuals who've played the most with Pagan in 70.

I'll have a Sinister Cap as well as 70 AP gear (soon), so (half) best gear possible (ROTCO, is an option, but not going to worry about it to be honest).

Here's what I'm thinking for linkage:
Sinister Cap: Life 7 Lucky Lapis Mystic 2 Dual Myst 5 Safe 2 Safe 1
Amaraer Protector: Life 7 Forbid 7 Ele 2 Mystic 7 Mystic 6 Absorption 6
Amaraer Leggings: Life 7 Mystic 7 Mystic 6 Safe 7 Absorption 5 Absorption 6
Amaraer Mufflers: Life 7 Mystic 7 Safe 7 Mystic 6 Absorption 5 Absorption 6
Amaraer Walkers: Life 7 Sonic Lapis Mystic 7 Safe 7 Absorption 5 Absorption 6

Also...should I play with dagger or staff? I'd link flash, ele 2, life 7, myst 7, safe 7, myst 6

I have one Goddess acc fully linked, rest are heroic's linked for pagan. (I'm in process of linking those of course).

With the gear aspect (cap, gear, weapon), please give me your feedback on what would be best. I want survivability as well as high DPS.

Thanks,
If any questions, post and I'll write as best as I can.
Advertisement

agl4ia

Rank 4
agl4ia
PostedNov 10, 2011 7:18 am
About your weapon: dagger / staff, many prefer staves now due to higher atk but daggers are not unheard of either (I just recently converted from staff to daggers, saves skill points and so far I don't regret, personal preference I'd say and how your gear otherwise will be).

Also instead of some of the abso 5's you could link fortune 7 depending how your OJ's will be (so you could drop your base LUC to INT, and gain more stats in comparison). That's something you need to calculate when you have your gears and see the OJ's and how you wish to leave them etc. Otherwise I'd link pretty much the same way.

But about weapon links...

I'd say ditch the safe and life 7 and replace with debuffs and/or assault. Debuffs will be highly useful and really just abso 6 and safe 7 alone in gears would be enough for defense too. Good OJ's for HP (REC & INT) and you could try regnum accessories with INT&REC OJ's. I highly recommend HP or Regnum accessories over any other, even goddess.

If you need any base LUC or REC to achieve enough (with those links shouldn't be a problem though) just add 7's from those (so as for your plan: abso 5 -> fortune 7) and you will gain more stats to drop into INT. Again in my opinion, you can link your 70 set in a way to allow you to put ALL your base stats into INT. And the more 7's you link the more stats you get (some people do not link LUC at all or even get enough for the 95 % rate and rely on EB / vanilla / w.e though).

I've never went full int, I always tried to get enough abso through lapis / enchants, some rec, enough luc for crit rate and the rest in int. I value high HP in survivability before trying to overly lapis rec, but with high enchanted weapons & linked acc etc I had a pretty good balance with being able to kill but also survive longer, even if solo. But I did solo a lot too, or duo, so if you are more into raids or w.e is your preference etc, playing style, you can afford to drop more into offense.

My scholar was linked pretty much the way you're planning yours (70 set is not linked yet), with the exception of having linked also some fortune 7 and no life/safe7 in weapon (debuffs instead). Mystic 7 in all pieces, mystic 6 in almost every piece, safe 7 in all but weapon, abso 5 or 6 (but not both), forbid 7 & ele II on top etc. So you can contemplate on the different options.

Still about the weapon: I know pagan who use staves, I know pagans who use daggers. People value them for different reasons, and some are very adamant about their choice. As mentioned I used to prefer staves but just moved to daggers, mainly to try out new strategies and playing styles.

Everyone sees who you seem to be but few know you. -Machiavelli

CrimsonHoplite

Rank 4
PostedNov 10, 2011 7:46 am
agl4ia wrote:
About your weapon: dagger / staff, many prefer staves now due to higher atk but daggers are not unheard of either (I just recently converted from staff to daggers, saves skill points and so far I don't regret, personal preference I'd say and how your gear otherwise will be).

Also instead of some of the abso 5's you could link fortune 7 depending how your OJ's will be (so you could drop your base LUC to INT, and gain more stats in comparison). That's something you need to calculate when you have your gears and see the OJ's and how you wish to leave them etc. Otherwise I'd link pretty much the same way.

But about weapon links...

I'd say ditch the safe and life 7 and replace with debuffs and/or assault. Debuffs will be highly useful and really just abso 6 and safe 7 alone in gears would be enough for defense too. Good OJ's for HP (REC & INT) and you could try regnum accessories with INT&REC OJ's. I highly recommend HP or Regnum accessories over any other, even goddess.

If you need any base LUC or REC to achieve enough (with those links shouldn't be a problem though) just add 7's from those (so as for your plan: abso 5 -> fortune 7) and you will gain more stats to drop into INT. Again in my opinion, you can link your 70 set in a way to allow you to put ALL your base stats into INT. And the more 7's you link the more stats you get (some people do not link LUC at all or even get enough for the 95 % rate and rely on EB / vanilla / w.e though).

I've never went full int, I always tried to get enough abso through lapis / enchants, some rec, enough luc for crit rate and the rest in int. I value high HP in survivability before trying to overly lapis rec, but with high enchanted weapons & linked acc etc I had a pretty good balance with being able to kill but also survive longer, even if solo. But I did solo a lot too, or duo, so if you are more into raids or w.e is your preference etc, playing style, you can afford to drop more into offense.

My scholar was linked pretty much the way you're planning yours (70 set is not linked yet), with the exception of having linked also some fortune 7 and no life/safe7 in weapon (debuffs instead). Mystic 7 in all pieces, mystic 6 in almost every piece, safe 7 in all but weapon, abso 5 or 6 (but not both), forbid 7 & ele II on top etc. So you can contemplate on the different options.

Still about the weapon: I know pagan who use staves, I know pagans who use daggers. People value them for different reasons, and some are very adamant about their choice. As mentioned I used to prefer staves but just moved to daggers, mainly to try out new strategies and playing styles.  

Excellent feedback and highly appreciated.
I am thinking about dagger due to speed as well as skill points...so maybe i'll swing that way (currently for goddess i use a dagger)

As for linking, I'll definitely look into what I need to link to get 415 minimally, good catch.

Debuffs....I always forget about those, haha....and yes, I think I'll want some Pain linked, so I'll move that way.

I'll do some calc's when I'm home from work....after I decide which way I'll run I'll definitely post pic's etc of gear/stats etc.

Thanks again!

splasher__

Rank 5.1
splasher__
PostedNov 10, 2011 8:19 am
why make a mage/pagan whyyyy

I wanted to try one in goddess but not in 1-70 or 1-15, or Canta Very Happy

CrimsonHoplite

Rank 4
PostedNov 10, 2011 8:20 am
splasher__ wrote:

haha....i want to keep playing the game...and i'm bored playing other toons at the moment..this is keeping me here for a bit...

and as everyone states...no one plays the class anymore...so i'm going to be a random one playing the class

splasher__

Rank 5.1
splasher__
PostedNov 10, 2011 8:21 am
CrimsonHoplite wrote:
splasher__ wrote:

haha....i want to keep playing the game...and i'm bored playing other toons at the moment..this is keeping me here for a bit...

and as everyone states...no one plays the class anymore...so i'm going to be a random one playing the class  

Good enough Razz

If you interested in being an annoying debuffer pagan/mage is a good class. Full REC + Debuff Wep + AR spam is extremly annoying Razz

CrimsonHoplite

Rank 4
PostedNov 10, 2011 8:23 am
splasher__ wrote:
CrimsonHoplite wrote:
splasher__ wrote:

Good enough Razz

If you interested in being an annoying debuffer pagan/mage is a good class. Full REC + Debuff Wep + AR spam is extremly annoying Razz  

indeed it is....i usually play all my classes as a support role rather than 'my e-peen is massive'...i could care less about being the best, but really like the getting kill's aspect...

if you have any knowledge to assist, let me know Wink

ninjaexpress

Rank 2
ninjaexpress
PostedNov 10, 2011 8:27 am
For pagan help you definitely want to talk to Esme or Loiske, or Ellinas (if he even plays anymore) they're the best people to approach about this.

splasher__

Rank 5.1
splasher__
PostedNov 10, 2011 8:31 am   Last edited by splasher__ on Nov 10, 2011 8:32 am. Edited 1 time in total
Link dagger with LV7 Slumber, LV7 Pain, LV7 Silent/LV7 Blind, maybe even make 2 weapons, for healers and for DD's debuffing

Then basically... just max REC and Abs on your gear..
Abs5/6, Life7, Safe5/6/7 (maybe replace LV5 Safe with LV7 Mystic, but if you want to do it you should also get an Ele II for weapon, wont let you to hurt most ubers, but will allow you to kill squishies if needed)

What goes to skills... Max AR, get as many AoE's as you can to trigger debuffs, HA Lv2 + Diversion should be good.. Link Accs with LV7 Mentals and Vigors (and LL), get HP/REC/MP/SP OJs (you can technically have 70k HP, 50k MP and 40k SP = 160k HP with HA). Ohh and HP accs.

It's technically over kill, you will be almost impossible to kill.. which shows how f'ed up this game is (in being unkillable). That is/will be my plan when I decide to quit, just doing it for fun.

agl4ia

Rank 4
agl4ia
PostedNov 10, 2011 8:31 am
Splasher actually has a 70 pag with double (triple, or even more now?) diamond rank. But he's also infamous for bashing the class. Wink

I don't think pagans are entirely useless now. Even with many upgrades in game content that go against us, I still prefer that specific class over others. And there are many roles you can take in PvP, depending what you find most appealing. High def debuffer is one of them, or a pure (even to the point of being considered more squishy than an average DPS) offense build, or some sort of a mix between the two. People emphasize different aspects. Personally I prefer boosting HP & def but not too much, so that I'm still able to actually kill. But what is enough in which and how it should be balanced is up for debate ofc.

Everyone sees who you seem to be but few know you. -Machiavelli