astrofirefox9

Rank 0
astrofirefox9
PostedNov 07, 2011 6:35 pm   Last edited by astrofirefox9 on Aug 06, 2012 11:58 pm. Edited 1 time in total

The History of the RoseKnights

Author:Me Co-author:jonjomega He writes the action scenes.
This is a story with made up characters. I wanted to come up with a story about the history of rk and this is the result. I hope y'all enjoy.

Chapter 1

In the beautiful kingdom of Corsagua, the land was very fertile with crops, flowers, trees, and shrubbery scattered all across the land. The animals and crops were plentiful to keep the people well fed, and the rich deposits of minerals in the ground also helped keep the kingdom's treasury full. In this land, the castle was located at the foot of a mountain with majestic waterfalls on each side, leading into the moat that surrounded it. This was where the king, his family, his servants, and officers lived.
Today, there was a tournament going on at the castle for all of the knights in the land, including the king's daughter, Rosa. Rosa was the first girl to ever be dubbed a knight in the kingdom of Corsagua. She was kind, caring, smart, clever, and a fun person to be around. When she had told her parents she wanted to be a knight, they refused at first but Rosa went out to prove that she was worthy to become one even without the training. After proving herself, her father reconsidered and sent her into training.
During training, she became adept at fighting with a sword and shield, riding a horse, and many other things. At last, she completed the training necessary and was dubbed a knight. For right now, she is just a normal knight in the king's royal army.

Rosa sighed and leaned back against the wooden chair in her tent at the tournament. Her squire, Lee, was polishing her armor in preparation.

He glanced at her with a smile, "Ready for your first tournament, milady?"

She smiled in return. "You can drop the formal act you know."

Lee put on a straight face. "But, milady, I am honored you chose me to be your squire."

She giggled. "Lee, I'm serious. We're friends."

He grinned. "I know. Just messin' with ya."

He turned back around to polish her sword and shield. Lee was only a year younger than her but they had been childhood friends ever since they met. He was tall and well-muscled with short, blonde hair and electric, blue eyes. His dad was the leader of her father's archers and he had grown up learning how to shoot well with a bow and arrow. But, instead of being an archer, he longed to be a knight and she had given him the chance by being her squire so he could one day become one. She couldn't think of anyone else she would want to be her squire.

She sighed, "I don't know about this...A lot of people doubt I'm as good as my father says..."

Lee snorted. "So? Once you get out there, you'll knock that stupid look off their faces. They'll be amazed at you, Rosa."

Rosa smiled. "Thanks, Lee..." He was always good at cheering her up.

He flashed a grin back at her. "No prob."

Suddenly, a blaring of trumpets was heard, signaling the knights to start getting ready. "Oh heck." Rosa jumped up as Lee gathered her armor to help her put it on. He quickly tightened the leather straps to hold it all in place then she pulled on her boots,gaunlets, and coat of arms. She slid her sword into its sheath as Lee came over to hand her her helmet and shield. "Good luck, Princess."

She smiled and nodded, taking both items then rushed out of the tent to her horse. She jumpd onto her horse then looked around. "Where's my lance?!"

Lee walked up next to her and handed it to her, grinning. "You left it in the tent."

She breathed in relief, taking it. "Oh my gosh. Thanks, Lee."

He smiled and nodded. "Anytime. Now, go show those people that you kick butt."

She laughed and lightly pushed her knees together to get the horse going then steered him to the jousting place. She slipped on her helmet, tucking her dark brown hair up into it. She slipped her shield onto her left arm and waited, holding the lance in her right.
Her father and mother were seated on their thrones infront so they could see everything going on. Her father smiled as she glanced at him and she smiled back. Her mother simply nodded. She turned her attention to the ruleskeeper.

"The first joust for today is between Lady Rosa and Sir Howard. If either has a word to say against it, say it now," the ruleskeeper yelled.

She frowned at the knight before her known as Sir Howard. She had heard rumors of him that he was bright and cunning but also had an arrogant streak. So, she wasn't suprised when he started mocking her.

"Are you sure you want to do this, milady? You're only a girl," he sneered.

Rosa stared at him with a blank face. "I'm sure, Sir Howard,"she said with no hint of emotion in her tone then turned to the ruleskeeper,"May we start?"

He nodded then annouced, "Fellow knights, prepare yourselves!"

Rosa rode up to her starting line, seeing Sir Howard waving at the fans that did cheer for him. Each lowered their helms' face plates and stood ready for the signal to charge. A choir of trumpeters sounded their horns, signaling the beginning of the knight’s joust. Rosa and Howard rode to each other as fast as their horse would go. Galloping at high speed, Rosa imagined where to aim and hit her mark, square at Howard's shield and sending him down to the muddy ground. Everyone laughed at him at how easily he was beaten by a woman. Though his face plate was down, he was red with anger. He mounted back on and rode to the beginning.
“Last chance to back down, milady,” Howard shouted boastfully towards her.
“Like I would give up so easily, Sir Howard,” Rosa replied back and pointed her lance down.
The trumpeters sounded the horns again and they were off. Both rode up to top speeds, one not wanting the other to win. Rosa noticed that Sir Howard had forgot to close his defense and took the opportunity. She aimed her lance and hit him square in the chest, sending him flying back twenty feet from his horse. Rosa rode to the end and held up her shield arm, in victory. Everyone cheered as the ruleskeeper shouted, “Princess Rosa has won her match.”.
Through their cheering and while Rosa was dismounting, Sir Howard had risen back up without his helmet on. His eyes were blood shot red, furious how he had lost to a woman, even if it was Lady Rosa. He pulled his sword out and charged at her, in fury. Rosa heard him coming and blocked his bash with her shield. She drew her sword out and got into a battle stance she learned at nine in her training. Each time Howard came in with a heavy strike, she deflected it with her sword and bashed her shield into him, knocking him back. Howard swung for five minutes at Rosa, her stance perfect and keeping him at bay. Knights were charging in to put down Sir Howard but he didn’t care. He swung his sword again at her.
“This is enough, Sir Howard,” Rosa shouted, then smashed her shield at him, disorienting him. Then she charged and sliced a middle cut, ending up behind Howard, while his sword had swung down. All was quiet for a minute, then a scratch appeared on their armors, but Howard’s sword broke into two. He was awe-struck at the site of him losing at combat and jousting, that the knights had grabbed hold of him and made sure he couldn’t move.
“For attacking the princess,” King Luke shouted over the outraged people, silencing them, “You shall be put on court. Take him away.”
The knights bowed their heads and took Sir Howard away. Luke looked at Rosa and smiled, beaming with pride at her skill and grace in the jousting and fighting.
“Today, I am very pleased to say that I am proud of my daughter, Rosa, for not only winning her jousting fight, but the combat Sir Howard initiated. She has proven her skill not as just a combatant, but also as a knight of the royal guard. I am proud of you, my daughter,” he smiled, clapping, having everyone joined in.
People shouted, “She is the best!!”. Others murmured to not be caught, “Guess we were wrong about her skills.” Besides them all, Lee ran up and smiled at her, holding her horse's reins. He patted her back then helped her onto her horse, leading them back to her tent.
“That was AMAZING, Rosa. The way you went swish swish,” as he showed her movements to her, she smiled and laughed at him.
She jumped off her horse as they reached the tent and walked inside. "The only thing I'm worried about is what they'll do to Sir Howard...,"She said, trailing off to take off her coat of arms.
Lee frowned as he walked over and started undoing the leather straps. "He deserves it, Rosa. Any good knight should know when he's been beat and should accept it without any complaints."
She sighed and nodded. "Yea..Your right...He probably had it coming anyway."
He nodded and helped her take off the rest of her armor, leaving her in her normal clothes.
He stood up and held out his hand to her. "Wanna go celebrate your victory?," He asked with a smile.
She smiled, nodding and took his hand. They walked out of the tent to spent the rest of the evening in the castle's dining room, dining with Rosa's parents, talking, and laughing till the wee hours of the morning.

If y'all enjoy it, I'll post the other chapters that are written.
Advertisement

ClearSilver

Rank 0
ClearSilver
PostedNov 07, 2011 6:44 pm
can't wait for chapter 2

turtle2257

Rank 3
turtle2257
PostedNov 07, 2011 7:04 pm
I want to be a animal or character of this story Surprised

adreal123

Rank 2
adreal123
PostedNov 08, 2011 9:42 am

Re: The History of the RoseKnights

Author:Me Co-author:jonjomega He writes the action scenes.
astrofirefox9 wrote:
This is a story with made up characters. I wanted to come up with a story about the history of rk and this is the result. I hope y'all enjoy.

Chapter 1

In the beautiful kingdom of Corsagua, the land was very fertile with crops, flowers, trees, and shrubbery scattered all across the land. The animals and crops were plentiful to keep the people well fed, and the rich deposits of minerals in the ground also helped keep the kingdom's treasury full. In this land, the castle was located at the foot of a mountain with majestic waterfalls on each side, leading into the moat that surrounded it. This was where the king, his family, his servants, and officers lived.
Today, there was a tournament going on at the castle for all of the knights in the land, including the king's daughter, Rosa. Rosa was the first girl to ever be dubbed a knight in the kingdom of Corsagua. She was kind, caring, smart, clever, and a fun person to be around. When she had told her parents she wanted to be a knight, they refused at first but Rosa went out to prove that she was worthy to become one even without the training. After proving herself, her father reconsidered and sent her into training.
During training, she became adept at fighting with a sword and shield, riding a horse, and many other things. At last, she completed the training necessary and was dubbed a knight. For right now, she is just a a normal knight in the king's royal army.

Rosa sighed and leaned back against the wooden chair in her tent at the tournament. Her squire, Lee, was polishing her armor in preparation.

He glanced at her with a smile, "Ready for your first tournament, milady?"

She smiled in return. "You can drop the formal act you know."

Lee put on a straight face. "But, milady, I am honored you chose me to be your squire."

She giggled. "Lee, I'm serious. We're friends."

He grinned. "I know. Just messin' with ya."

He turned back around to polish her sword and shield. Lee was only a year younger than her but they had been childhood friends ever since they met. He was tall and well-muscled with short, blonde hair and electric, blue eyes. His dad was the leader of her father's archers and he had grown up learning how to shoot well with a bow and arrow. But, instead of being an archer, he longed to be a knight and she had given him the chance by being her squire so he could one day become one. She couldn't think of anyone else she would want to be her squire.

She sighed, "I don't know about this...A lot of people doubt I'm as good as my father says..."

Lee snorted. "So? Once you get out there, you'll knock that stupid look off their faces. They'll be amazed at you, Rosa."

Rosa smiled. "Thanks, Lee..." He was always good at cheering her up.

He flashed a grin back at her. "No prob."

Suddenly, a blaring of trumpets was heard, signaling the knights to start getting ready. "Oh heck." Rosa jumped up as Lee gathered her armor to help her put it on. He quickly tightened the leather straps to hold it all in place then she pulled on her boots,gaunlets, and coat of arms. She slid her sword into its sheath as Lee came over to hand her her helmet and shield. "Good luck, Princess."

She smiled and nodded, taking both items then rushed out of the tent to her horse. She jumpd onto her horse then looked around. "Where's my lance?!"

Lee walked up next to her and handed it to her, grinning. "You left it in the tent."

She breathed in relief, taking it. "Oh my gosh. Thanks, Lee."

He smiled and nodded. "Anytime. Now, go show those people that you kick butt."

She laughed and lightly pushed her knees together to get the horse going then steered him to the jousting place. She slipped on her helmet, tucking her dark brown hair up into it. She slipped her shield onto her left arm and waited, holding the lance in her right.
Her father and mother were seated on their thrones infront so they could see everything going on. Her father smiled as she glanced at him and she smiled back. Her mother simply nodded. She turned her attention to the ruleskeeper.

"The first joust for today is between Lady Rosa and Sir Howard. If either has a word to say against it, say it now," the ruleskeeper yelled.

She frowned at the knight before her known as Sir Howard. She had heard rumors of him that he was bright and cunning but also had an arrogant streak. So, she wasn't suprised when he started mocking her.

"Are you sure you want to do this, milady? You're only a girl," he sneered.

Rosa stared at him with a blank face. "I'm sure, Sir Howard,"she said with no hint of emotion in her tone then turned to the ruleskeeper,"May we start?"

He nodded then annouced, "Fellow knights, prepare yourselves!"

Rosa rode up to her starting line, seeing Sir Howard waving at the fans that did cheer for him. Each lowered their helms' face plates and stood ready for the signal to charge. A choir of trumpeters sounded their horns, signaling the beginning of the knight’s joust. Rosa and Howard rode to each other as fast as their horse would go. Galloping at high speed, Rosa imagined where to aim and hit her mark, square at Howard's shield and sending him down to the muddy ground. Everyone laughed at him at how easily he was beaten by a woman. Though his face plate was down, he was red with anger. He mounted back on and rode to the beginning.
“Last chance to back down, milady,” Howard shouted boastfully towards her.
“Like I would give up so easily, Sir Howard,” Rosa replied back and pointed her lance down.
The trumpeters sounded the horns again and they were off. Both rode up to top speeds, one not wanting the other to win. Rosa noticed that Sir Howard had forgot to close his defense and took the opportunity. She aimed her lance and hit him square in the chest, sending him flying back twenty feet from his horse. Rosa rode to the end and held up her shield arm, in victory. Everyone cheered as the ruleskeeper shouted, “Princess Rosa has won her match.”.
Through their cheering and while Rosa was dismounting, Sir Howard had risen back up without his helmet on. His eyes were blood shot red, furious how he had lost to a woman, even if it was Lady Rosa. He pulled his sword out and charged at her, in fury. Rosa heard him coming and blocked his bash with her shield. She drew her sword out and got into a battle stance she learned at nine in her training. Each time Howard came in with a heavy strike, she deflected it with her sword and bashed her shield into him, knocking him back. Howard swung for five minutes at Rosa, her stance perfect and keeping him at bay. Knights were charging in to put down Sir Howard but he didn’t care. He swung his sword again at her.
“This is enough, Sir Howard,” Rosa shouted, then smashed her shield at him, disorienting him. Then she charged and sliced a middle cut, ending up behind Howard, while his sword had swung down. All was quiet for a minute, then a scratch appeared on their armors, but Howard’s sword broke into two. He was awe-struck at the site of him losing at combat and jousting, that the knights had grabbed hold of him and made sure he couldn’t move.
“For attacking the princess,” King Luke shouted over the outraged people, silencing them, “You shall be put on court. Take him away.”
The knights bowed their heads and took Sir Howard away. Luke looked at Rosa and smiled, beaming with pride at her skill and grace in the jousting and fighting.
“Today, I am very pleased to say that I am proud of my daughter, Rosa, for not only winning her jousting fight, but the combat Sir Howard initiated. She has proven her skill not as just a combatant, but also as a knight of the royal guard. I am proud of you, my daughter,” he smiled, clapping, having everyone joined in.
People shouted, “She is the best!!”. Others murmured to not be caught, “Guess we were wrong about her skills.” Besides them all, Lee ran up and smiled at her, holding her horse's reins. He patted her back then helped her onto her horse, leading them back to her tent.
“That was AMAZING, Rosa. The way you went swish swish,” as he showed her movements to her, she smiled and laughed at him.
She jumped off her horse as they reached the tent and walked inside. "The only thing I'm worried about is what they'll do to Sir Howard...,"She said, trailing off to take off her coat of arms.
Lee frowned as he walked over and started undoing the leather straps. "He deserves it, Rosa. Any good knight should know when he's been beat and should accept it without any complaints."
She sighed and nodded. "Yea..Your right...He probably had it coming anyway."
He nodded and helped her take off the rest of her armor, leaving her in her normal clothes.
He stood up and held out his hand to her. "Wanna go celebrate your victory?," He asked with a smile.
She smiled, nodding and took his hand. They walked out of the tent to spent the rest of the evening in the castle's dining room, dining with Rosa's parents, talking, and laughing till the wee hours of the morning.

If y'all enjoy it, I'll post the other chapters that are written.  

Definitely brought some images to mind. Not a bad read. I like your attention to detail with the ceremonies and such. Creates an atmosphere that feels more real. +1

astrofirefox9

Rank 0
astrofirefox9
PostedNov 08, 2011 3:13 pm
Chapter 2

The next morning, Lee ran up to Rosa's door and started knocking wildly.

"Rosa! The court is starting! Get up!"

Rosa groaned and turned onto her side. "I don't care about the court...,"She mumbled.

Lee knocked again. "It's the court for Sir Horward, Rosa!"

She jolted up in bed. "Oh heck!"

She jumped out of bed and raced to get her clothes on. She brushed her hair and teeth, put her shoes on, and ran to the door. She swung it open and ran past Lee down the hall.

"C'mon, Lee!" Lee raced after her and followed her down the stairs to the throne room of the castle.

As they entered, King Luke was on the throne with Sir Howard kneeling infront of him. There were two guards at his sides, ready for anything the prisoner might try.

"Sir Howard, you are a good knight in my royal guard, but yet you attacked my daughter, a fellow knight, out of pure rage even though she had rightfully won the joust. You need to stop this arrogant streak of yours or it could very well be your downfall one day."

Sir Howard nodded. "Yes, your highness..."

The king looked down at him, frowning and thought for a moment.

"I will let off with a warning...but ONLY if you apologize to me and my daughter for your outrageous behavior and promise to handle this problem of yours..., "He said after a few mintues.

Sir Howard nodded again and looked up at the king. "I am very sorry for my actions, your majesty, and on this day, I promise to think over what I have done and will not return to the royal guard till I think I am worthy."

The king nodded then glanced over at Rosa and Lee. "Come forward, my daughter and her squire."

Rosa walked forward with Lee behind her and stopped infront of the throne.

Sir Howard stood up and faced the princess, bowing. "Lady Rosa, I apologize to you also for my behavior and hope you will forgive me."

She looked down at him, searching his face for any signs of lying. She relaxed, seeing none and smiled. "I forgive you, Sir Howard."

He bowed again and stood up to face the king. "I will take my leave if you will dismiss me, your honor."

King Luke nodded and Sir Howard walked out of the throne room. He turned to Rosa.
"Do you really forgive him?" She nodded. "I believe he is sincere and will clean up his act within a month's time."

Her father smiled. Rosa had his green eyes and smile. The qualities of courage, intelligience, and caring had come from both her mother and father, but her instincts and quick thinking in battle came from her grandfather. He was proud of her and knew his wife was too.

A messenger suddenly raced in. "Your highness! Your highness! There's trouble at the main Eastern fort! The Tur-" The messenger was cut off as he slipped and faceplanted on the floor.

Everyone stared at the messenger till the king yelled at the guards. "Don't just stand there! Help him!"

The guards rushed over to the messenger and helped him up then escorted him to the throne and went back to their postions.

The messenger bowed awkardly before the king. "Your highness, the Turga have attacked the main Eastern fort! You need to send a troop immediately!"

The king looked down at him. "Breathe, son! Take a moment to rest then tell us your name, your rank, and who sent you."

The messenger did as the king said. He had light brown hair and brown eyes. He was dressed in light armor with a sword at his side and a sheild strapped to his back.

After a few mintues, he stood up and continued, "My name is Oliver. I'm the squire of Sir Wendell. He sent me to get help for the fort."

The king nodded. "Then I'll send help immediately." He looked at Rosa. "Rosa, I'm making you captain of a troop to help the main Eastern fort. Lee may go with you."

Rosa's eyes widened. "Father...Are you sure?"

He nodded. "You proved yesterday that you are ready, my daughter."

She smiled and bowed before him. "Thank you, Father. I'll get ready and leave immediately."

He smilled. "You may pick five knights to go with you. I trust in you, Rosa,"He said with an approving look in his eyes.

She nodded then ran upstairs with a gleam in her eyes.

Lee yelled after her. "I'll get your horse and supplies ready!"

She stopped and smiled at him. "Thanks Lee!"

He nodded than ran off to get ready. She turned and continued up the stairs to her room. She knew her father was placing a lot of trust in her and that some were still critical of her being a knight, but she would show them! She wouldn't let her father down.

adreal123

Rank 2
adreal123
PostedNov 09, 2011 10:37 am
As I'm playing a Muris I hope she slays many a Turga. Mad

astrofirefox9

Rank 0
astrofirefox9
PostedNov 10, 2011 5:46 pm   Last edited by astrofirefox9 on Aug 04, 2012 5:59 pm. Edited 2 times in total
Chapter 3

The pounding of horses' hooves on a dirt track was mostly what Rosa heard as she led the troop to the Eastern boundary. She had chosen the knights after she had gotten her armor and weapons, and went down to the royal guard's quarters. The knights she had chosen were Sir Leo, Sir Nathan, Sir George, Sir Fred, and Sir Carl.
Sir Leo was a clever knight in the midst of battle. He had black hair and blue eyes. Sir Nathan was good with battle strategies. He had brown hair and blue eyes. Sir George was adept at using a two-handed sword. He had blue hair and green eyes. Sir Fred was quick with a sword and shield but could be a hothead. He had silver hair and brown eyes. Sir Carl was also a good knight. He had blonde hair and green eyes. All of them wore the royal guard's coat of arms emblazoned on their chests.
Lee rode beisde Rosa while Sir Carl was on her left and the other four rode behind them. She looked over at Lee. He was dressed in light armor with a sword attached to his side and his shield strapped to his back. He also had his bow in his lap and a quiver of arrows tied to his saddle. His archer skills might come in handy.
She smilled to herself. She was glad Lee was with her. This was her first time being leader of anything. Him being there reassured her. His blonde hair reflected the sunlight and his blue eyes glinted.

She shook her head and focused on the path ahead. Sir Carl broke the silence, "Lady Rosa, do you have a plan for when we get to the fort?"

"Not yet. I think we should focus on getting there and see how things are before we plan anything, " She responded.

Sir Fred spoke up, " How much longer till we get there?"

Sir Nathan answered, "We've been on the road for three hours so we should reach it by tommorow."

"We should stop and find a good spot for camping. It's getting close to sunset, "Sir Leo said, looking at the sun.

Rosa nodded. "Let's find a spot.” She looked around for a moment then spotted a spot and steered her horse over to it. “Found it!”

The spot was a clearing in the forest they were traveling through. The grass was trampled in some places and in the center was a black spot surrounded by rocks. It seemed that many people had used this place before. She jumped off her horse and started getting her tent and bedroll off.
Lee and the other knights followed her and got off their horses. They also did the same and started setting up their tents. Rosa got her tent up first so she went to the edge of the clearing and gathered some sticks. She then walked to the center and dropped the sticks in the ring of stones.
As she started the fire, Lee got some food,water, and a pot from the supplies and walked over to the fire. He set the pot up over the fire and started cooking the meat. The other knights walked over and sat down, watching Lee work. Rosa sat down also and looked up at the stars.

“The stars are beautiful...”She whispered. The others nodded.

Sir Nathan broke her out of the trance as he spoke, “Lady Rosa, what do you know about the Turga?”

She frowned, thinking for a moment. “I believe they’re animal-like and strong. They’re good in battle and we’ve never really been allies with them. That’s all I really know...”

Sir Nathan nodded. “The land east of us is Tumbara. The Turga have lived there for a very long time. Even before we settled this land.”

She blinked. “Why are they bothering us then? Did they even use this land?”

“They never used it. They just felt threatened by our presence. There’s been fights before but not a war. At one time, we tried to make peace with them. That was when your grandfather was king. The leader of the Turga didn’t trust us and was suspicious, but decided to give us a chance. They were going to sign a treaty here but as the leader was traveling to the castle, a mob of rebel knights attacked. They were afraid of the Turga and didn’t support the king’s actions. They ended up killing all the Turga in the group, including the guards.The king ordered the rebel knights to be hanged but the Turga haven’t trusted us since,”Sir Nathan explained.

Rosa frowned. “I see...Well, I don’t think reasoning with them will work then. We’ll just have to see how the knights at the fort are faring once we get there and go from there.”

Sir Nathan nodded. “Well thought out, milady.”

Lee smiled and started handing out bowls. “Dinner’s ready!”

No one talked much as they ate. Rosa was thinking as she ate. She didn’t want to let her father down...If she did, the people still critical of her would take the chance and try to prove that girls shouldn’t be knights. She sighed and put her bowl down, took a swing of water from her canteen then got up. “I’m done eating. If you need me, just yell.”
She turned and walked into the forest. After a few minutes, she reached a smaller clearing with a large rock. She walked over to it and sat down, hugging her knees. She stared at the ground for a little bit then jumped as she heard someone approach. She turned around and saw Lee.

He sat down beside her. “Sorry if I startled you.”

She looked up at the sky. “It’s fine...”

He frowned. “Rosa, what’s wrong?...”

She looked at him and saw his worried expression. Lee knew her the best and she trusted him more than anyone else.

She sighed. “I’m just worried that I might let my father down....He put a lot of faith in me when he gave me this assignment...”

He nodded. “Yea. He did it because you proved yourself in the tournament.”

She put her legs down and set her hands down on the rock. “I proved that I can fight, but that doesn’t prove I can lead...”

Lee smiled. “Rosa, you’re a good leader. You’re confident, strong, intellgient, and caring. You’re an easy person to get along with and you also don’t like to give up. Those are good qualities for a leader.”

She smiled a little. “Thanks, Lee...I’m glad that you’re my squire.”

He nodded. “Anytime, Rosa and I’m glad you chose me.”

He got up and stretched. “We better head back to the camp and get to sleep. Tommorow’s going to be a long day.”

She nodded and got up also, following him back to the camp. When they got back, the other knights were already asleep so they said good night and went off to bed. As Rosa got under the cover of her bedroll, she thought of Lee. He would make a good knight one day. She yawned and fell alseep, dreaming about how tommorow might turn out.

The next morning, everyone got up, ate breakfast,and packed up the camp then set off on the trail again. They rode for four hours without talking much. A few jokes were made by Sir Carl to lighten the mood but no one really laughed. Rosa mostly thought about what they might find at the fort, but she knew she had to keep optimistic.
After another hour, they finally reached the fort. The fort was medium-sized surrounded by a wooden wall. The tops of it were spiked. There were only two guards posted above the door. Rosa looked up at them and yelled, “Let us in! We’re here to help Sir Wendell!”

One of the guards nodded and shouted, “Open the door! A troop from the king’s castle is here!”

As the door was lowered, they rode up to the entrance and entered. On the inside, there was a stone wall behind the wooden one and a small courtyard. They rode their horses over to a wooden rail, jumped off and tied their reins to it. They rushed inside and a guard led them to the commander’s room.

As they entered, a man with brown eyes and dark brown hair rose from his desk and ran ove to greet them. “Thank god! Your timing couldn’t be better, “He said, in a relieved tone.

There were battle maps and other papers strewn across his desk. The man looked like he hadn’t slept for a few days because of the bags under his eyes.

He bowed before Rosa. “You must be the princess. I’m honored to meet the first female knight in the kingdom of Corsagua. The news of your victory against Sir Howard spread all the way to here.”

She smiled, feeling a little awkward. “No need to bow....You must be Sir Wendell?”

The man nodded then started looking around anxiously. “Where’s Oliver? He didn’t ride back with you?”

“He stayed at the castle because he was tired from his trip. He’s safe, “Rosa replied.
Sir Wendell nodded again. “That’s good....He’s only been my squire for a few months. He’s better off at the castle.”

Sir Nathan stepped forward. “Maybe you can explain the situation so we can start helping immediately?”

“Of Course, “Sir Wendell said as he sat down at his desk. “The Turga keep trying to ram the door of the castle and have tried to get over the wall by using ladders but the spiked tops help and my men burn the ladders. But, I don’t know how much longer the door will last. They’ve tried severel attempts at breaking it down and it’s weakening. We need a strategy to defeat them. My crossbowmen have killed several of them but it’s not enough, “He explained.

Sir Nathan nodded, stroking his beard. “I have a plan but it may take a while to organize it...”

Sir Wendall sat forward in his chair. “Go on.”

Sir Nathan looked at him with a gleam in his eye. "Do you have any large stones somewhere around here? And a lot of hay?"

Sir Wendell blinked. "There's a pile of large stones about a mile or two away and we've got a supply of hay. Why?"

Sir Nathan grinned. "My plan is that we build about five or six catapults and we get several large stones from that pile. From there we would get the hay and tie it around the rocks with rope. You put them in the catapults and before we launch them we set them on fire. Not only will it kill some and startle the Turgas, it'll burn their suppiles and shelters. After we launch about twenty stones, their camp will be in chaos and your men can go out and attack them."

Sir Wendell stared at Sir Nathan in awe. "I would of never thought of something like that! We'll start getting ready immediately!"

Sir Wendell ran out of the room to prepare things. Rosa smiled at Sir Nathan. "I'm glad I chose you as one of the knights to come along. I have a good feeling about this plan."

Sir Nathan smiled again. "Thank you, Lady Rosa. I'm glad you have confidence in this plan, but we better help them get ready."

She nodded and turned to the other knights and Lee with a gleam in her eyes. "Let's go!"

Dereldium

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Dereldium
PostedDec 15, 2011 7:20 pm
woooh i love it star keep em coming Very Happy

iampeterparker1

Rank 0
iampeterparker1
PostedApr 26, 2012 8:52 am

Huh?

What are RoseKnights?

qawsar