Rukoi

Rank 0
Rukoi
PostedNov 07, 2011 12:58 am
I'm a avid Harvest Moon player.. but the farming systems in mmo's always make me feel sad.. Kinda like I murdered my animals.. to get stuff from them after I put in all my hard work xD
Advertisement

Deemat

Rank 0
Deemat
PostedNov 07, 2011 2:56 am
man that pig is awesome.

..in a sexual way.

NecromancerV

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
NecromancerV
PostedNov 07, 2011 7:14 am
leon490 wrote:
I hope they are not expensive to buy if they have a chance die after 1 harvest.  

Only time will tell, but I speculate that the drops from harvesting these animals will be specific ingredients only obtained from this method and the cost of buying such an animal will be proportional to the value (or estimated value) of the products that can be made with such materials.

This would also make a nice gold sink to help prevent over inflation while also preventing the the over production for profit of some items. Nothing kills a game like early over inflation of in game money via normal means, well other than gold sellers. So no one use gold sellers. Don't ruin the game on us.

Though I have one concern... you will/may get a temp pet hat if the pet dies... so will these hats and other items be a really low drop? Or will they be a common item that becomes a nuisance by over crowding inventory space and sells for little or not at all? At first a sheep hat will be fun item, but after a bit the novelty will die off for a fun temp item and it will be vender trash... unless they can be used in another manner also. Be interesting to find out more on these items.

Ferret_Lise

Rank 0
Ferret_Lise
PostedNov 07, 2011 7:19 am
Thanks for the information and screenshot!I know learn a lot about the game's farming system.Seems fun.I really appreciate the effort.Thanks a ton and have a nice day!

BlackBerryTea

Rank 2
BlackBerryTea
PostedNov 07, 2011 8:19 am
thanks for that thread its really interesting :9
its a bit sad that you cant ceep the animals and grow them properly for loong time :<

pv_mills

Rank 0
pv_mills
PostedNov 07, 2011 11:59 am
Love the pig, btw so this farm isn't a instance but a big map area itself?

pretendpain

Rank 3
pretendpain
PostedNov 07, 2011 12:56 pm
Hm how long do the hats last?
Like a week? o.o

I walk to the borders on my own
To fall in the water just like a stone
Chilled to the marrow in them bones
To drown here all alone

yulino

GameSage: Aura Kingdom
yulino
PostedNov 07, 2011 2:09 pm
NecromancerV wrote:

Though I have one concern... you will/may get a temp pet hat if the pet dies... so will these hats and other items be a really low drop? Or will they be a common item that becomes a nuisance by over crowding inventory space and sells for little or not at all? At first a sheep hat will be fun item, but after a bit the novelty will die off for a fun temp item and it will be vender trash... unless they can be used in another manner also. Be interesting to find out more on these items.  

Great question. :V I'm not really sure as the KR Lime Odyssey servers are currently closed until they have their next phase: Which'll implement the farming system to be tested. I'll let you know when they open up servers again.

But at the look of it; it seems that they will be more uncommon than common at every harvest.

pv_mills wrote:
...so this farm isn't an instance but a big map area itself?  

It seems like it is just a big map area itself, I'll update on it more once I get a better view on the farm. o.ob

pretendpain wrote:
How long do the hats last? Like a week? o.o  

Will check on durations; but I suspect like a few hours ~ to a day or two.

pv_mills

Rank 0
pv_mills
PostedNov 07, 2011 3:55 pm
yulino wrote:
pv_mills wrote:

It seems like it is just a big map area itself, I'll update on it more once I get a better view on the farm. o.ob  

Thanks, but its ok I guess.
I kinda pictured farm's and house's to be an instance like guild bases/towns.

But guess not.

yulino

GameSage: Aura Kingdom
yulino
PostedNov 07, 2011 4:14 pm
pv_mills wrote:
yulino wrote:
pv_mills wrote:

Thanks, but its ok I guess.
I kinda pictured farm's and house's to be an instance like guild bases/towns.

But guess not.  

Hey. Could be, could be not. D: When I was translating this; it was very ambiguous about the area of the farm. Guess I'll have to check in game. /o/