Gilldartz

Rank 0
Gilldartz
PostedMar 18, 2012 11:13 am
I'm still around...

aquaflair

Rank 0
PostedMar 18, 2012 6:07 pm
I'm here, just, you know... taking extremely long naps in between visits?

...No?

*yawn*

Cervios

Rank 4
Cervios
PostedMar 20, 2012 2:30 am
:/ tick tock

<br> All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream...

Zelxski

Rank 1
Zelxski
PostedMar 26, 2012 11:29 am

hi

introduction
Hi everyone, I applied to join the guild. You can call me Zel. Although I don't know if I have been accepted into the guild yet, I figured I would introduce myself anyway. lol

Just as idle chitchat, does anyone here have a decent amount of computer knowledge? I am in need of a new computer and would like to get one that would allow me to play Lime smoothly. I work a lot with photo editing software, and 3D modeling software, so I have been hunting around getting people's opinions. I figured since I'll also be playing games it would be nice to hear some input from other gamers.

I was thinking of going for a 8 or 10GB RAM computer since some of my files are quite large, and I tend to run a lot of programs at once. Do you think an 8 or 10GB RAM would be good to avoid lag?

With the computer I have now, I almost NEVER run any game with full graphics due to massive lag. I'd like to be able to do that with Lime with minimal to no lag if possible. Not really sure what graphics card would do that, or if the graphics card even matters. Shocked

I just wanted to hear others opinions on the matter. In terms of price, don't worry so much about it. What everyone suggest will help me be able to find something along those lines in my price range. You opinions are really just giving an idea of what to look for. I'd prefer a laptop, but I don't mind desktops either so feel free to suggest either one. Wink

Moznic

Rank 0
Moznic
PostedMar 29, 2012 6:09 am

Re: hi

introduction
Zelxski wrote:
Hi everyone, I applied to join the guild. You can call me Zel. Although I don't know if I have been accepted into the guild yet, I figured I would introduce myself anyway. lol

Just as idle chitchat, does anyone here have a decent amount of computer knowledge? I am in need of a new computer and would like to get one that would allow me to play Lime smoothly. I work a lot with photo editing software, and 3D modeling software, so I have been hunting around getting people's opinions. I figured since I'll also be playing games it would be nice to hear some input from other gamers.

I was thinking of going for a 8 or 10GB RAM computer since some of my files are quite large, and I tend to run a lot of programs at once. Do you think an 8 or 10GB RAM would be good to avoid lag?

With the computer I have now, I almost NEVER run any game with full graphics due to massive lag. I'd like to be able to do that with Lime with minimal to no lag if possible. Not really sure what graphics card would do that, or if the graphics card even matters. Shocked

I just wanted to hear others opinions on the matter. In terms of price, don't worry so much about it. What everyone suggest will help me be able to find something along those lines in my price range. You opinions are really just giving an idea of what to look for. I'd prefer a laptop, but I don't mind desktops either so feel free to suggest either one. Wink  

Check http://www.tomshardware.com/ since I'm to lazy to write up a whole description related to computers. But as for ram I would go for 10GB then if u use 3D software constantly and not sure about the graphics card since there is no info about your motherboard whatsoever. I would need to know how many W your power supply gives as well. Feel free to post your computer specs unless you're looking for a brand new PC.

Zelxski

Rank 1
Zelxski
PostedMar 29, 2012 7:48 pm
I'll check out the site thank you. Yeah I'm sort of looking for a new computer. If I was to go out and buy one what should I be looking for? But I don't mind hearing what parts I should be be concerned about.

The computer would mostly be used for 3D programs (Maya) and photo editing programs (photoshop). But I would be playing games on it as well. Being able to play EE and LO on high graphics while having Maya running in the background with no lag at all would be my dream computer. lol (wishful thinking)

Is this what you need?

Notebook
Processor: 1.9 GHz
Memory: 2 GB DDR2
Video: ATI Redeon X1270
HD: 250 GB

So far this runs almost every program smoothly when on high performance. Except the 3D program (maya), it lags badly when working. Also this overheats whenever on high performance to long.

Moznic

Rank 0
Moznic
PostedApr 01, 2012 7:11 am
Zelxski wrote:
I'll check out the site thank you. Yeah I'm sort of looking for a new computer. If I was to go out and buy one what should I be looking for? But I don't mind hearing what parts I should be be concerned about.

The computer would mostly be used for 3D programs (Maya) and photo editing programs (photoshop). But I would be playing games on it as well. Being able to play EE and LO on high graphics while having Maya running in the background with no lag at all would be my dream computer. lol (wishful thinking)

Is this what you need?

Notebook
Processor: 1.9 GHz
Memory: 2 GB DDR2
Video: ATI Redeon X1270
HD: 250 GB

So far this runs almost every program smoothly when on high performance. Except the 3D program (maya), it lags badly when working. Also this overheats whenever on high performance to long.  

Well I can't really give much hint at which shop to buy the pc since I am not from US/CA/EU. But tomshardware is a good source to help you out build up your computer.