Shaiya's Server Status!
Keep an eye on the servers during Maintenance with the Server Status Page
How do the ping measurements work?
Okay, now what do they mean?
80ms - 110ms
- My server pings Aeria's game servers twice, measures time it takes for each.
- If the first two measurements differ (one says "online", another says "offline"), it pings a third time (tie-breaker). (Offline is determined by 5000ms with no response from the server)
- The ping times (either 2 or 3) are then averaged to provide "Avg. Ping"
- NORMAL. The normal low ping is 83ms. Sometimes, my server takes a few ms to run a couple other processes, so 110ms isn't uncommon. There means there's no issue.
150ms - 900ms
- LAG ISSUES. No packets are being dropped, but there is significant delay, which could cause visible lag in-game.
1500ms - 5000ms
- SEVERE LAG / PACKET LOSS / OFFLINE. 5000ms is the limit, and offline servers will read 5000ms. If 1 packet is lost of 3 that are sent, the average ping will be 1600+ (5000+80+80)/3 (with room for calculation / measurement errors). If only 1 server has this reading, it's likely an error. If multiple servers have this reading, there's likely a network issue between the servers.
This script is provided as is, provides no warranty or guarantee of any kind, and is an UNOFFICIAL tool provided by me, not Aeria. If you have any issues, please contact me here.
Also note that my server which runs all of these is funded strictly by myself and by ads. If you see something you like, feel free to click on it.