Ranshalvaz

Rank 1
Ranshalvaz
PostedJun 15, 2012 11:24 am
Pandaladan wrote:
I'd like to suggest adding a Newbie zone instead of Begineer protection, Something like an Island out of the 4 zones high end players are currently warring in.

New players would get the opportunity to play the game without having to worry about other players around them being to high in level. Once they have reached a certain pop or military ranking they would then be ported over to one of the main 4 zones.

Doing this would give the new players the chance to try out the game while playing with other players that are around their level of play. Instead of offering protection in a pit full of vipers they can ease into the game get a feel and enjoy abit of pvp that doesn't involve getting pummeled by a player that is already experienced in the game and has a very large led.

After they have experienced the game had a try they either stay on the lowbie Island and go inactive or they continue to progress and move into the main zones, Where they can establish themselves knowing that they have already experience most of the game and know what to expect.

I don't think it could be any worse then starting new on a server that has already established points of power alliances and kingdoms dominating a zone and coming out of protection into that zone with players having 2000+ population cities, Then experiencing for the first time the PvP aspect and experiencing it most likely when one of those 2000+ players comes along and plunders your city or worst yet comes along and burns it. Most players would be demoralized and just quit then. But with this Newbie Island players have the option to try out the game play the game and experience it with players in the same population bracket as themselves and most likely the same level of skill see whether they enjoy it continue on come out of the island with a decent level city maybe into a 24 hour protection so they can get and idea of the new zone they're in the players that are around them then hopefully from that point enjoy the game to it's fullest.

I'm sure there is alot that can be improved on what i've suggested but i believe it would be a great idea to add to the game to help encourge new players to try out the enjoy what it has to offer without having them getting demolished by already positioned players.  

I fully support something similar to this idea, and wish that the forum moderator considers it seriously.

Suggestion:
My modified suggestion would apply to new servers, and would fit the business model I believe Aeria is following currently (new server every 2-3 months). On a NEW server, start off with only 1 of the 4 areas available, and the other 3 locked. After 2 months, unlock one of the areas and any new players will have their cities created there. The existing players have no way to march or teleport to the new "newbie" part of the map. This lets the new players experience some safety for a while. After the next 2 months, turn on the portal between these 2 areas and allow city teleports to go across maps. area 3 of 4 now becomes the newbie zone. Repeat the same process for zone 4 of 4, but when that happens add a new server with only 1 open area and repeat entire process.

A radical part of this suggestion would be setting up a standard process for old servers to merge players. Choose 1 server as the doomsday location, and link it to the other merge server with 1 or more portals. The Golden Land on the doomsday server would be gradually sinking into the ocean, forcing people to want to move naturally. Example every hour more small villages would sink, and any city there would be treated as if it was "burned" and would need to be rebuilt. Players would be able to teleport off of the doomsday server, but only if they have an army sitting in the village they are teleporting to.

Pros:
New players are more protected, and people on the old servers don't feel like they lost all their progress by having to "restart" on a fresh server like we did for Legends.

Cons:
Probably 200 hours of development, and 60 hours of testing.
Advertisement

Kaliedo

Rank 0
Kaliedo
PostedJun 18, 2012 11:44 pm
18 pages of suggestions, anyone of a count on how many have been implemented?

Ranshalvaz

Rank 1
Ranshalvaz
PostedJun 25, 2012 11:31 am

Suggestions Used So Far

Aeria: Please Look at the Other Good Suggestions
Here are the suggestions that I think have been used by Aeria team so far.
I'm not sure if the in-game clock shows server time yet, so I had to leave that one out.
--
Page 1
ArtyD42 - Sort all bag tabs at the same time.
Page 2
PaperSpirit - Get rid of the "Are you sure" messages.
JojinRaiun - You pick which square a hero learns a skill at.
Aragorn976 - Break down items faster.
Page 3
Azmariaflame - Upgrade military units.
Azmariaflame - Fix the upgrade gem levels.
Page 5
JojinRaiun - Button to Recruit All Units from the Refuge.
Page 8
masterzorc08 - Change Sire Skills so you don't have to click the button for each level.
Page 9
cloud97402 - Let people know when maintenance is going when you try to login.
glisson - Add a Kingdom Chat.
Page 12
Kastergir - Change minimum threshold a gear fortify bonus can drop to.

rawkt

Rank 0
PostedJun 25, 2012 3:19 pm
This might have been brought up, maybe not - but it would be excellent if you would quit adding items into the game until the use for them has actually been implemented.

It's pretty ridiculous that there is no way for us to obtain a 100% reward for the Daily because of what appears to be lack of effort on Aeria's part.

Hope it doesn't sound like a rant, but I guess it is what it is. Just a pain paying for something that doesn't work the way it should.

klepto762

Rank 0
klepto762
PostedJun 27, 2012 11:23 am
rawkt wrote:
This might have been brought up, maybe not - but it would be excellent if you would quit adding items into the game until the use for them has actually been implemented.

It's pretty ridiculous that there is no way for us to obtain a 100% reward for the Daily because of what appears to be lack of effort on Aeria's part.

Hope it doesn't sound like a rant, but I guess it is what it is. Just a pain paying for something that doesn't work the way it should.  

klepto762

Rank 0
klepto762
PostedJun 27, 2012 11:25 am

also...

a complete the entire dungeon button would rock!!! Clicking 20 times for each one when you can do 15 dungeons a day is just tedious.

rawkt

Rank 0
PostedJun 27, 2012 9:43 pm
Not sure if this has been mentioned either, but it would be nice if when your hero levels up he gains the difference of hp from levels. Since he's getting stronger from the level, it would make sense that he gains the hp, rather than being forced to use a potion to heal it (Since he never really lost it to begin with)

rawkt

Rank 0
PostedJul 01, 2012 11:33 am
Just updating my previous suggestion since I didn't use the format.

Your Suggestion: Not adding items to the game that have no use yet (Souls, Alliance War Medals)
Pros: We could get 100% on our Daily Quests, it would make completing instances more worthwhile - since we would get a useful reward instead of junk.
Cons: Can't think of any non-sarcastic con to put here.

Hannibalcop

Rank 0
Hannibalcop
PostedJul 10, 2012 7:38 pm
This is my first time, and i have few suggestions.

Suggestion: Trade - Souls for hero medals at Mark William
Pros: This will make useless souls that we get in dungeon instance usefull.
Cons: People will waste gold on potions of vitality Very Happy

Suggestion: Remove Euclid blueprint from Warlord instance
I belive that most people that get requirements to unlock warlord instance are in that stage of game that they don't need this item. I reaserched everything before i unlocked Warlord instance so for me was and still is usefull as strange fruit Very Happy. And worst part is you get them in gold chests (higher score)
Pros: Less useless junk in instances
Cons: Developers could implement some new technology to reaserch so it could be usefull, someday Very Happy

Suggestion: Alliance instance map
Similar to Rescue of princase (one map) with required deeds - alliance war medals. In this instance players will get rewards that benefite alliance: silver, gold medals, developents items that we get by braking down gear... and maybe some new items that benefite alliance capital and developement.
Pros: Alliance war medals would be usefull... even if alliance war gets implemented, it would be nice to have options with this item.
Cons: Vitality problem

Suggestion: Give back option to meet epic heroes in "Hire heroes" list for higher sire level players
This was case during xmas event.... for all, now this time for advanced players
Pros: Geting benefits with higher sire level is good for game and it's fair.
Cons: it could make tolkens irelevant (of epics that apear in hero list)

EquinoxBlade

Rank 2
EquinoxBlade
PostedJul 20, 2012 8:12 am
How about a secure trade sytem in the auction, it would elimate sniping.Simply by charging gems to secure an item and allowing sellers to specify which person can buy the item.Or allowing inter-alliance auction. Also, an item to change Sire name Razz