CogitationS

Rank 1
CogitationS
PostedNov 22, 2011 6:28 am
Rakusen wrote:
Using that formula, 100 damage = 1 population lost.

And the calculation goes like this:

(60375 - 27744) / 136 = 239 damage or 2 troops and 39 health lost.  

Formula wrote:

If attacking:
Fighting Capacity(Total) = (Fighting Capacity of Troop + Modifier) * Number of Troops

If defending:
Fighting Capacity(Total) = (Defensive Capacity of Troop vs Enemy Class + Modifier) * Number of Troops

Damage Taken:
Damage Taken = [Fighting Capacity(Enemy) / Fighting Capacity(Self)] / Number of Troops

Is that supposed to be, according to the formula here.

(60375 / 27744)
------------------

= 0.0016

Not sure what it was for, since the posts seem to be missing,

anyways... I came to look at this thread and ask a question and got caught up in this interesting stuff.

Originally came to ask about why we can't always sell excess resources(stone, iron, lumber, grain) at the amount we desire on at the NPC market vendor. It always seems to me that I can never sell more than 100, maybe 1000 at most of any resource no matter what time of day it is, and what level my market is.

Also is the formula of Damage taken(3rd line one) divided by YOUR troops, or your enemy's troops?
Advertisement

Rakusen

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Rakusen
PostedNov 23, 2011 11:04 am
Divided bu your troops. And I made a slight mistake on th damage formula, it's ( enemy - self ) / troops.

And the amount of resources you can sell depends on the resource protection. Still haven't worked that out yet though.

Contact Us~Don't be afraid to ask for help~Terms of Service~

CogitationS

Rank 1
CogitationS
PostedNov 24, 2011 9:30 pm
I take it there is also a need for absolute value brackets?

|(Enemy - Self)| / My Troops

Otherwise we'd be healing ourselves of damage when we're outmatching them?

Anyways that seems to have a scaling calculation problem...

ie.

|(10 000 - 1 000 000)| / 5 000
|(990 000)| / 5000
= 198

(100 000 - 1 000 000) / 5 000

= |-900 000| / 5000
= 180

In this comparison... you'd lose more units fighting the 10 000 capacity than against the 100 000....??

Rakusen

Rakusen
PostedNov 25, 2011 2:41 am
Ah, forgot to factor that in. Lemme put a corrected formula.

[Fighting Capacity (Enemy) - Fighting Capacity (Self)] / [Troops (Self) / Population of Troops (Self)].

If [Fighting Capacity (Enemy) - Fighting Capacity (Self)] < 0, then damage taken is 0.

I think this might make more sense, I'm still guessing at the whole formula since fatigue isn't factored in as a variable.

Rakusen

Rakusen
PostedNov 25, 2011 3:15 am
Added in technologies.

pinzig

Rank 0
PostedNov 28, 2011 2:09 am

Wildernesses

Exploration and npc conquest
Ok few notes about wilderness nodes that folks might find helpful.

1) You are not limited to the wildnernesses thay spawn immediately around your town.
-when you mouse over a wilderness in terrain view (zoomed all the way in) a green ring highlights the area it can be reached from.
-to reach wildernesses beyond the reach of your town, garrison at a small village or town nearby to launch to the wilderness node from

2) Offensive nodes are best tackled by offensive army, defensive nodes by defensive army

3) !?!?!?! - if you have taken a defensive node (engaging army fights offensive npcs for control from defensive stance) garrisoned troops that are attacked by another players army will have their role switched. Namely, the army that is there will be on the defensive, along with the offensive npcs, and should it be a defensive army engaging they will find themselves in the awkward position of offensive attacker.....

4) still testing, but it seems more troops exploring a resource wild for more time = more xp and coin earned, minimium of 1 hour must be spent to explore. Notes indicate that you must have scouts to explore but presently this is not the case.

5) not sure if its related, but after pulling a couple armies off of long term explorations I had a gem mine and a vault spawn right next to me - perhaps exploring resource nodes helps you "find" these rare wilds? - will keep further notes.

6)bound to be more stuff - that's all for now Smile

Rakusen

Rakusen
PostedNov 29, 2011 12:34 pm
Added Wilderness section.

Gonna spruce this guide up later.

RevnanSarlo

Rank 0
PostedNov 30, 2011 2:10 pm

Fantastic

Hardcore
Really excellent work! Thank you so much =)

Bonushand

Rank 0
PostedDec 06, 2011 4:09 pm
Rakusen wrote:
Wildernesses

Wildernesses are very dependent on the level of the Administration Hall of the city it's closest to. A level 1 Administration Hall would have level 1 or 2 wildernesses while a level 15 would have level 20+.

Keep in mind that a Scout is needed for exploring wildernesses.

Wonders

Wonders need a MINIMUM of 11 successful conquers to be conquered.

Some corrections:
Wildernesses are dependent on city population, not the level of the administration hall.
You do NOT need scouts to explore a wilderness.
Wonders can be conquered in 10 conquers.

Rakusen

Rakusen
PostedDec 07, 2011 10:24 am
It's practically impossible to conquer a wonder in 10 conquers.

Every 10 minutes, a wonder gains occupation. That means that the battle time for the wonder needs to be under 50 seconds each and that you'd need 10 armies to do back to back conquering all timed exactly right.

And since wonders decrease by 100 occupation every successful conquer, you need to be able to conquer the wonder in less than 10 minutes with 10 armies all attacking right after another with absolutely NO delay between battles.