Valkarey

Rank 1
Valkarey
PostedOct 22, 2011 11:20 am

Launcher won't start up

Mmk, I double clicked the icon on my desktop, and it just won't start up. I went into my GF folder, and clicked the icon there, it'll start up but it goes straight to the login screen. I login to the game, and it says I don't have the current version. This is starting to get annoying :/
Advertisement

celestar

Rank 5.1
celestar
PostedOct 22, 2011 3:27 pm
go to the folder and click the _launcher. Let it patch. If it complains about the wrong version again, delete the grandfantasia.exe. Start the _launcher again and let it patch. Click the scan and do a full scan. Then start the game again.

...pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth. (Monty Python)

Valkarey

Rank 1
Valkarey
PostedOct 22, 2011 10:50 pm
That's the thing, the launcher won't start up. I double click on my icon on my desktop, nothing happens. So I decide to go to my GF folder. I click on the file called "GrandFantasia". It starts the game without even starting up the launcher, it goes straight to the login screen. I log in, and see different servers. I try to select a server, it says I have the wrong client Ver. I double click on the Launcher file in the GF folder, and still nothing happens.

Stundor

Rank 4
Stundor
PostedOct 23, 2011 1:19 am
Have you tried running the launcher as Admin?

Valkarey

Rank 1
Valkarey
PostedOct 23, 2011 9:19 am
Yea, still didn't wanna run for me.

celestar

Rank 5.1
celestar
PostedOct 24, 2011 7:18 am
there should be 2 launcher file in the grandfantasia folder. one call launcher.exe and the other _launcher.exe. If you can't get the launcher.exe to run then try the _launcher.exe. If neither will start up, then try right click and choose run as administrator on both. If it won't run, then you need to reinstall. You can't run the game without the launcher to patch the game to the latest version. Its the launcher that allows you to patch, either by automatic patching or using the manual patch. If the launcher doesn't work you can't run the game since its not going to be patched.

...pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth. (Monty Python)

Valkarey

Rank 1
Valkarey
PostedOct 24, 2011 7:27 pm
Uh, I don't see the _Launcher.

celestar

Rank 5.1
celestar
PostedOct 25, 2011 7:02 am
http://www.filesonic.com/file/2728281464 here is a zip file with the Launcher.exe and _Launcher.exe. Copy them to the GF directory and see if they work.

Valkarey

Rank 1
Valkarey
PostedOct 25, 2011 3:53 pm
Thanks alot, the _Launcher worked Very Happy

KnightIsRare

Rank 0
PostedJan 31, 2013 11:57 am

Launcher wont start up

i'm having the same problem as well, none of the launcher are opening up, ive tried running as an admin but nothing appears