electro

Aeria: Product Manager
electro
PostedOct 21, 2011 12:12 am   Last edited by electro on Oct 26, 2011 8:09 pm. Edited 1 time in total

[Game Guide] Addendum

Submit contributions to our game guides!
We love to hear your input as well as the expertise gained from our expansive community.

Please reply in this thread with any new content to add to our existing game guides , corrections to accuracy, requests to see certain content, or post your new custom guide!

Rules:

1.) First address what guide this is contributing to:

a.) Basic Game Guide
b.) Quick Start Guide
c.) Custom Game Guide (suggest a name for your new game guide Razz)

"He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot, will be victorious." -Sun Tzu
Advertisement

BRABANTE

Rank 0
PostedOct 22, 2011 2:33 am

Re: Game Guide Addendum

Submit contributions to our game guides!
electro wrote:
We love to hear your input as well as the expertise gained from our expansive community.

Please reply in this thread with any new content to add to our existing game guides , corrections to accuracy, requests to see certain content, or post your new custom guide!

Rules:

1.) First address what guide this is contributing to:

a.) Basic Game Guide
b.) Quick Start Guide
c.) Custom Game Guide (suggest a name for your new game guide Razz)  

Kevlar33

Rank 0
PostedOct 26, 2011 11:59 am

Advanced- sire skills
The sire skills had a slider, which went from 0 to MAX, on the learn skills screen. An explanation of what this did would be nice, since it didn't seem to affect the experience earned, time taken, or time to learn the skill (it was always instant) in CB

Kevlar33

Rank 0
PostedOct 26, 2011 12:07 pm

combat guide
You really need a guide about how combat works- how there is an attacker and defender, and those roles last for the entire battle. How the combat value of the attacker is based on attack value, and the combat value of the defender is based on their defense value vs that particular type of attacker. How armies recover fatigue
whether units are damaged sequentially, or at random (ie, if a group of 100 infantry recieve enough damage to kill 5 units, does that kill 5 units, or is it scattered among the 100, so maybe NO units are killed)
An in-depth explanation of how city defense works (including inner and outer armies, when traps/turrets attack, and what it means for a unit to give "structure" damage to a wall)

nolimit333

Rank 0
nolimit333
PostedOct 26, 2011 9:13 pm
agreed, combat specifics would be extremely beneficial!

yulli

Rank 4
PostedOct 27, 2011 9:37 pm
I choose c.) custom guide, but dont know what to name it.

I posted stats for each troops here..

PhoenixEgg

Rank 0
PhoenixEgg
PostedNov 07, 2011 3:09 pm
we are going to need a guide on controlling another person's city.
what all the different tax options do
how burning works
and if the relocated city is random or we get to choose where to put it.

Midknighl1

Rank 0
Midknighl1
PostedNov 09, 2011 5:11 am

Game Guide

We could use many things on the guide such as:

Type of Guild: which units are recruitable as well as at what levels

Break down of epic hero's basics on recruiting

what buildings at what levels increase

max building increase

creating new citys

taking wonders

defense basics ect...ect...

Midknighl1

Rank 0
Midknighl1
PostedNov 09, 2011 8:21 am

Game Guide

How about a section on resources and how to increase your output .. ie garrison ally citys

Sitoop

Rank 0
PostedNov 10, 2011 1:20 pm
Explanation of the combat system is absolutely needed to figure this game out. Questions like:

What does the combat capacity actually mean in terms of damage? Just show me how much damage was done, not only the casualties. HOMM3 did it right, like 12 years ago.
- How exactly do the defense values work?
- Why do I sometimes see my unit's combat capacity trickle down before it fights an enemy unit?
- What decides the unit action order?
- How is damage calculated and what does the 'heart' icon with its percentage mean? Is it an average of health of units in the stack? Is it like HOMM where damage is skimmed off the top of the stack's total health and units are killed or harmed accordingly, or does each unit take damage individually? If it's the latter, what are the related formulas that determine which specific units take how much damage?

Hard, I can't even tell if there is a hitpoint system for units because of the extremely obtuse combat mechanics. I keep looking at the replays and this rings in my head:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx-97uRkzRg

Basically, you need to *explain* how everything in the game works rather than throw it out there for people to figure out. And that's just for regular combat. What about city defenses? Where can I see or read how those play out, before getting into one? Have an official, neatly organised guide that explains each system in detail.