PostedOct 19, 2011 3:18 pm
9106-FLYF-FE4Q-LQPN taken
Advertisement

armyevil

Rank 2
armyevil
PostedOct 19, 2011 3:18 pm
So is this suppose to copy steam?

Also I think it would of been a better idea getting a few of your games on steam free to play, after all 3 million and over use steam that is the easiest way to get your game advertised.

New Montage - Evolution. Watch please :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NomJ6OtLKXs <a></a> Metal Assault videos

BlueDude50

Rank 5
BlueDude50
PostedOct 19, 2011 3:20 pm
armyevil wrote:

Also I think it would of been a better idea getting a few of your games on steam free to play, after all 3 million and over use steam that is the easiest way to get your game advertised.  

getting a game on steam isn't as simple as you think

Kuenaimaku

Rank 5
Kuenaimaku
PostedOct 19, 2011 3:24 pm
This is not a bid to copy steam. Its to offer a more unified experience and to look a lot more professional. The way it works now, is better than most launchers that I have had to experience (re:Mabinogi). I'm glad that they moved this way instead of the web-only "play now" button that more and more companies are trying to use.

Now some feedback. After some clicking, this is what I'd like to see happen. Bear with me, these are major leaps.

Shoutboxes
With the way shoutboxes work, This application should be able to open up a "popped-out" window in your preferred browser, seeing as by embedding the popped-out URL thru <embed> results in just the shoutbox.

Heck, seeing that the pages themselves are just html markup, its not insane to think that shoutboxes could be integrated into the launcher itself.

Aeria Now
Add another tab, or another accordion menu that has a bunch of buttons that link to Aeria Now games. I doubt that some of the games can be run through Ignite (MilMo with unity webkit, and others that rely on flash), but if possible, this is only adding to the software.

Updater Integration
One thing I would like to see (and this is wishful thinking), removal of separate updaters, and login screens. Integrate the updaters into the launcher. Make it so we only have to log into ignite, and that information is at least, automatically entered into the client.

Support icon
Maybe when this alpha version is over, the feedback button can be replaced with a support button, that creates a drop-down (like games) with important links, most preferably the ones found in the website's drop-downs.

Minimize Icon
This is a program. Enough said.

Aeria Announcements
Make them clickable. I saw a "play now" button, and tried to click it. Nothing happened. It's just a static image.

Localization Support
Make that flag do something. Have a list of languages that Aeria Games supports, just like on the website. It might be redundant (since that info is saved per user, I would assume), but who knows.

Meebo Integration
Meebo is a website overlay. Aeria Ignite is mostly HTML. It just makes sense. Have it take the on/off preference from the user's settings.

headsprouter

Rank 2
headsprouter
PostedOct 19, 2011 3:26 pm
and what exactly should this be good for?!?!?

hikarigorinchem

Rank 0
hikarigorinchem
PostedOct 19, 2011 3:32 pm
2YL0-46M4-CLGP-R6J0 taken
I posted the wrong key in first post.

Booya39

Rank 4
Booya39
PostedOct 19, 2011 3:40 pm
When I entered the access key which states the same one I used to access the ignite page I get this message;"This access key is valid,but it has been used".

Did I do something wrong?

Fudgingo

Rank 3
Fudgingo
PostedOct 19, 2011 3:44 pm
I used 9T0K-802X-87JD-25AF

ITT: lazy mods

Kuenaimaku

Rank 5
Kuenaimaku
PostedOct 19, 2011 3:50 pm
Booya39 wrote:
When I entered the access key which states the same one I used to access the ignite page I get this message;"This access key is valid,but it has been used".

Did I do something wrong?  

HWWK-09JV-50PT-35QV

Use that one.

armyevil

Rank 2
armyevil
PostedOct 19, 2011 3:51 pm
BlueDude50 wrote:
armyevil wrote:

getting a game on steam isn't as simple as you think  

That's not my concern and surely didn't say it was simple. There are many more free to play games being added on steam even unpopular ones. They can make it happen.

New Montage - Evolution. Watch please :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NomJ6OtLKXs <a></a> Metal Assault videos