It seems there are too many players have a hard time try to reinstall DWO lately.
So, I decided to upload the DWO client installer with patches.
ALWAYS LAUNCH DWO WITH ADMINISTRATOR PRIVILEGE!
Windows 8 Users: Please read this topic first!
Windows 8.1 Users: DWO is not fully-compatible until KOEI send the "Windows 8.1 fix" to EN server. (Some players managed to play through it, however.)
For players who experienced the "invisible game launching bug" (You click the game, game launch the patcher, patcher gone, nothing happens...) You will need to ensure the following:
- Your Windows is up-to-date via Windows Update. (Install all "Critical" and "Important" components.)
- Your DirectX is up-to-date and also run the installer of DirectX Web Installer or DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010) Full Installer. You must run those "as administrator!"
- If still does not fix, reinstall the game one more time (and ensure you run "as administrator" for whole installation!)
Things about DirectX...
For support websites, phone support, and end-users trying to help others in the community, running the latest DirectX End-User Runtime (stand-alone or websetup) is a reasonable way to work-around some poorly written game installations, but it is not a panacea. The best solution is to make sure you have the latest Service Pack and apply all pending Windows Updates. If you have an operating system older than Windows XP Service Pack 2, you should upgrade to something that is still supported by Microsoft. The only time running the DirectSetup package will help is if you are getting a message about missing D3DX*.DLL, XAUDIO2*.DLL, XINPUT*.DLL, X3DAUDIO*.DLL, or XACTENGINE*.DLL (or the deprecated Managed DirectX 1.1 assemblies). That's it.
First, you download the DWO Client and install the client from the client link. (The client version is Ver 1.000/1.000, the DWO Closed Beta's Client)
Download whole EXE installer file from either sources [1.74 GB (1,873,590,640 bytes)]:
(No need to sign-up)
(required to sign-up)
After install, try to let the game patch itself. However, this can take time (it's a tons of patches.) If it does not patch, you may want to download these patches below...
(You will have to wait a couple seconds before the windows showed up asking where to save the file... (Unless you have your browser set default download folder))
DWO MediaFire's All Patches Link
You must install patches in the following orders in order to install properly!
- dwonrx10010001000019.exe (Client: Ver. 1.000 -> 1.001 - Closed Beta's Patch)
- dwonrx11000061001000.exe (Client: Ver. 1.001 -> 1.100 - Closed Beta to Open Beta)
- dwonrx11010001100006.exe (Client: Ver. 1.100 -> 1.101 - November 2010's Update)
- dwonrx12000051101000.exe (Client: Ver. 1.101 -> 1.200 - December 2010's Update)
- dwonrx20000051200005.exe (Client: Ver. 1.200 -> 2.000 - Heavenly Strike Update)
- dwonrx20010002000005.exe (Client: Ver. 2.000 -> 2.001 - Minor Update to Adjust on Red Ring's Lock)
- dwonrx21000032001000.exe (Client: Ver. 2.001 -> 2.100 - Revolution 9's Update (Fu Xi/Nu Wa's @ Mt. Kunlun))
- dwonrx22000022100003.exe (Client: Ver. 2.100 -> 2.200 - Battle of Tong Gate's Update)
- dwonrx22010002200002.exe (Client: Ver. 2.100 -> 2.201 - December 2011's Update)
- dwonrx22020002201000.exe (Client: Ver. 2.201 -> 2.202 - January 2012's Update)
- dwonrx22030022202000.exe (Client: Ver. 2.202 -> 2.203 - February 2012's Update)
- dwonrx23000032203002.exe (Client: Ver. 2.203 -> 2.300 - Revolution 10's Update (Guild Reward System))
- dwonrx23010032300003.exe (Client: Ver. 2.300 -> 2.301 - May 2012's Bug Fixes Patch)
- dwonrx30000042301003.exe (Client: Ver. 2.301 -> 3.000 - Dragon Strike's Update)
- dwonrx30010003000004.exe (Client: Ver. 3.000 -> 3.001 - Patch to fix some of Dragon Strike's Patch Bugs)
- dwonrx30020003001000.exe (Client: Ver. 3.001 -> 3.002 - October 2012's Shields (Cymbals) Update)
- dwonrx31000033002000.exe (Client: Ver. 3.002 -> 3.100 - Firebird's (2nd Kunlun Godly Beast) Update)
- dwonrx31010023100003.exe (Client: Ver. 3.100 -> 3.101 - January 2013's Apex Sword Update)
- dwonrx31020003101002.exe (Client: Ver. 3.101 -> 3.102 - March 2013's Double Fans Update)
- dwonrx32000023102000.exe (Client: Ver. 3.102 -> 3.200 - The Little Conqueror's Update)
- dwonrx32010003200002.exe (Client: Ver. 3.200 -> 3.201 - July 2013's Update)
- dwonrx32020003201000.exe (Client: Ver. 3.201 -> 3.202 - August 2013's Update)
- dwonrx32030003202000.exe (Client: Ver. 3.202 -> 3.203 - September 2013's Patch on August 2013's Update Bugs)
- dwonrx33000003203000.exe (Client: Ver. 3.203 -> 3.300 - Black Tortoise / Title Bonus / Cooking Recipes Patch)
- dwonrl20000021000009.exe (Launcher: Ver. 1.000 -> 2.000)
- dwonrl21000032000002.exe (Launcher: Ver. 2.000 -> 2.100)
- dwonrl23000002100003.exe (Launcher: Ver. 2.100 -> 2.300)
- dwonrl30000002300000.exe (Launcher: Ver. 2.300 -> 3.000)
- dwonrl31010003000000.exe (Launcher: Ver. 3.000 -> 3.101)
*Once each patch EXE is done, it will automatically delete itself!
*If you make mistake, don't worry! It will give error and auto-delete itself! Launch the game to see the client/launcher version and then you just need to download the proper patch EXE you need to patch!
*If you finished patching all dwonrx
files and continuing on patching on dwonrl
files (where you will install the launcher patches). Once you complete one launcher patch, the launcher will launch itself to find another patch! You may choose CANCEL, CLOSE LAUNCHER and proceed to install another patcher EXE OR
wait for launcher to patch itself from Aeria Games' Server.
*Once you done, launcher should say Ver. 3.300/3.101
That's latest EN DWO client as of November 15th, 2013.
As of January 22nd, 2012, Megaupload links are gone forever. Megaupload.com taken down by FBI...
Add information on the DirectX problems that happened after Ver 3.300 patch.
- Switch hosting back to MediaFire due to the adware and problems with FileFactory.
FileFactory also severely restrict bandwidth to FREE users...
- Removed instruction of "File Repair Tool" due to the bug that unable to load or update the Repair Tool itself.
- The FileFactory changed the way how it download the file. Now, it bugged with their downloader that is possibly infested with adware. Therefore, I revised instruction with image attached to ensure that you download patch files properly!
- Removed the instruction of disable antivirus program. To be honest, I am able to install with antivirus and other security programs stay intact, so you should be able to do that too.
- Also, any files that download from internet will me marked "Blocked" by Windows by default. You will have to go "Unblock" by right click on file and click on Properties to unblock the file there.
Due to Dropbox has limited quota on bandwidth, so I have host files on FileFactory now... However, this will make it that you will have to do steps like other file sharing site (type the code, wait, then click "download now")... The another thing is that you can't download more than one at a time and download big patches can take hours... However, this is the only way I can upload files without hitting errors as long as files are being downloaded.
*Transfer rate is about 30 KB/s... on this one.
4shared required user to login in order to download. So now, I had re-uploaded yet another time to Dropbox for patch files, so that people will not have to sign-up for it.
Change the [img] tag on those "File Repair Tools" pic to just hyperlinks to cut down the scrolling for download links...
Due to several reports on Mediafire had now restricted on some of the patch files, specially the "Part 2" of the patch files in those patch larger than 200 MB. I am now had re-uploaded ALL patches to 4shared instead.
Also, this will NOT required you to fuse files together for patch files. I am also uploaded the full installer as ONE SINGLE FILE at 4shared. I am still keep the "200 MB segments" links edition for the installer though.
It seems people does not notice that I have uploaded the actual setup file. So I listed out download links.
I had noticed that some Antivirus programs (mainly AVG, but I also noticed some Norton (in college computer) products doing the same as well) picked up some of these patches as Trojan. I can tell that these are pretty much false-positives. Since they are sometimes just detect the "similar behaviors" and think as something bad.
Therefore depending on antivirus program you are using. You MAY needed to temporary disable antivirus while doing this process. If the antivirus delete some of the EXEs due to detection, disable the antivirus and download the missing EXEs before attempt to patch again.
Sincerely, Pan2011 ~ Pan2013 (Last Update: December 6th, 2013)