Anjack

Rank 3
Anjack
PostedApr 17, 2007 2:08 pm   Last edited by Anjack on Apr 18, 2007 12:19 pm. Edited 1 time in total

"New" Akira Toriyama Anime

Blue Dragon
This anime began airing April 7, 2007 on TV Tokyo.
Maybe someone has already seen it, but w/e.
This anime is based on an RPG named Blue Dragon released for Xbox360.

You can see the Op/Ed here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaOSg1YP7Gg
"Trailer": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc2xkYGqc_E
Since its an Akira Toriyama work i'm gonna watch it for sure Wink
It might be his last work. Crying or Very sad
Feel free to comment about it. (lol don't go making comparisons to Dragon Ball lol it's not fair xD)

Ps: Let's talk about more animes in this section. I'll try to post other animes that might not be as famous like Bleach, Naruto, DBZ.
Or Even post about old animes.
Cya later dudez

IGN:MorbidJ4ck Already quit LC! thx for all ppl who support me. ;)
Advertisement

blazer1991

Rank 4
blazer1991
PostedApr 17, 2007 3:39 pm
Sweet, looks pretty good.

Might watch it. ^^

Anjack

Rank 3
Anjack
PostedApr 18, 2007 12:38 pm
Hmm I'm thinking about posting other animes like 1 or 2 a week. describing it and etc, and of course open a space for discussing it like some episodes that marked you, talking about chars and etc.
Btw that dark haired girl doesn't remind you of Jessica from Dragon Quest?

Anime/Cartoon is culture Wink

Kuroyanagi

Rank 1
Kuroyanagi
PostedApr 25, 2007 12:01 am
Too bad they had to go with Akira Toriyama -_-

The manga as drawn by Takeshi Obata (Death Note, Hikago) is more interesting, and well .. it looks hella better. Toriyama's art always looked kind of fugly to me...

i.e. heres a cover from Jump of the [alternate] manga:

Anjack

Rank 3
Anjack
PostedApr 25, 2007 9:01 am
Kuroyanagi wrote:

The manga as drawn by Takeshi Obata (Death Note, Hikago) is more interesting, and well .. it looks hella better. Toriyama's art always looked kind of fugly to me...

I partially agree with you, yes i know the face is kinda strange, but every artist has its particularities when it comes to drawing, but since i like DBZ i can't say i dislike it. Every Akira Toriyama work is welcomed Wink
Talking about Shonen Jump...is it really true that they're going to stop producing/distributing Shonen Jump?? (because few ppl are buying it)

Kuroyanagi

Rank 1
Kuroyanagi
PostedApr 25, 2007 9:30 am
Anjack wrote:
Kuroyanagi wrote:

I partially agree with you, yes i know the face is kinda strange, but every artist has its particularities when it comes to drawing, but since i like DBZ i can't say i dislike it. Every Akira Toriyama work is welcomed Wink
Talking about Shonen Jump...is it really true that they're going to stop producing/distributing Shonen Jump?? (because few ppl are buying it)  

Nah, I'm pretty sure people are confusing that with "Shounen Jump Monthly" a Japanese magazine (serializes claymore if that means anything to you). There would've been something on Animenewsnetwork if it had bee dropped.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/manga.php?id=1678

and there isn't.

Although to be honest I wouldn't mind it. All Shounen Jump USA does is give them an excuse to delay volume releases on the titles in it.