cheerfulgeek

Rank 0
PostedSep 22, 2011 6:02 pm

Who likes DELICIOUS MUFFINs?!

Hey Guys!

Just got done uploading my first look in to Battlefield! Make sure to check it out, and let me know what you think.

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8w4UOBI0iA

Have a FANTASTIC week!
Advertisement

Triysle

Rank 4
Triysle
PostedSep 22, 2011 6:33 pm
A few things:

Battlefield Heroes actually is part of DICE's Battlefield series. It was released about two and a half years ago as a free to play game hosted by EA Games. Aeria recently partnered up with them to reach out to more gamers.

Aircraft is difficult to learn, but if you use the A and D keys to steer left and right rather than the mouse you'll find it's a bit easier to control. Try inverting your mouse controls as well through your options menu if that is your style.

If you're having problems connecting to a server, you can bookmark ones that you like and connect to those ones specifically instead of randomly joining them. When you're in a match, press TAB to open the scoreboard and then F5 to bookmark it.

It's better to stay stealthed if you want to go for a knife kill. Otherwise you'll just end up chasing after your target while they shoot you (as you've experienced).

Tanks are tricky to take down, but a head on approach as a solo commando is pretty much impossible. Best bet is to roll with a team, especially if one of your mates has a rocket or grenade launcher. As a Commando, your best contribution would be to stealth up behind it and place some explosives, or provide sniper cover from a distance. Just make sure you have a rock or something to hide behind if the tank turns your way.

Ads are placed in game due to the fact that it's a free to play game. Advertising is one of the ways EA generates revenue in addition to their microtransaction business model.

Lastly, to reitirate - Heroes isn't trying to be like a Battlefield game. It is a Battlefield game developed by DICE, the same studio that made the rest of the [i]Battlefield[/url] games. Check the Wikipedia Page for a good, informative read.

Otherwise, entertaining vid.

~ Tee

Backlash22

Rank 3
Backlash22
PostedSep 22, 2011 9:39 pm

Re: Who likes DELICIOUS MUFFINs?!

cheerfulgeek wrote:
Hey Guys!

Just got done uploading my first look in to Battlefield! Make sure to check it out, and let me know what you think.

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8w4UOBI0iA

Have a FANTASTIC week!  

Kudos Enjoy'ed your review.