Saltyloves

Rank 4
Saltyloves
PostedSep 20, 2011 7:41 pm   Last edited by Saltyloves on Jul 03, 2013 8:11 pm. Edited 11 times in total

[Guide] How can I become a Game Sage?

09/20/2012 Update: New Application & Feedback Process!

No doubt you have seen them in various chat channels within Eden Eternal - more often than not, answering a question or offering gameplay advice. But what do these mysterious [GS]-tagged players do? How do they get their special tags? What powers do they have and what does it take to become one? Below lies the answers to all of those questions and more!

Superman0X wrote:
A Game Sage is a community volunteer, who has been recognized for their expertise in one or more games. They are normal players, but have the assistance of the GM Team with their community services.  

"Game Sage" (often shortened to "GS") is a very befitting title as we are expected to be sage in both the answers we give and the advice we have to offer. We are players just like you, who started playing Eden Eternal or other games hosted by Aeria and realized that we wanted to be a bigger part of it all. Therefore, we choose to volunteer our time previously spent playing the game to offer our services and our knowledge in order to help both the GameMasters and the community (that's you!).

There are many misconceptions about GameSages.
We are not employees of Aeria Games & Entertainment, which means we have absolutely no control over your account(s) and your tickets, nor do we receive any "special powers" within the games we play or serve.

Please note the official Current GameMasters and GameSage List will remain up-to-date by the GM team.

We are jacks-of-all-trades! Sages have various duties, and each day is different from the day before. Most of us focus on specific things depending on where our strengths and preferences lie, though each of us still try to remain active in all aspects of the game and community. The average Game Sage may find himself/herself handling situations including, but not limited to:

• Assisting players in-game, in the forums, and in the Shoutbox with various issues
  • Assisting with and/or hosting events in the game and in the forums
  • Finding, testing, and properly reporting bugs within the game
  • Finding, verifying, and properly reporting illegal botters
  • Reporting situations requiring GM review/action
  • Collaborating with the GS/GM team on creating or editing guides for the game and community
  • Providing constructive feedback to the GM team on specific issues as requested
  • Limitless other side-projects we take on to make the game a better place for you!

As stated in Rules and Volunteers:
Superman0X wrote:
The requirements to be a Community Volunteer are :

Must be over 16
Must have time to contribute to the community in their specified role
Have record of contribution on forums and in game
Have strong people skills and enthusiasm and knowledge
Have desire to expand and improve the community
Show teamwork and ability to work and foster discussions with others
Have or be willing to meet any additional requirements in their specified role
May not be on any watched or banned lists.  

Superman0X wrote:
The requirements to be a Game Sage are:

Must meet Community Volunteer requirements.
Must have 2 months experience with the game. (may be waived)
Must have been an Aeria Games Member for 2 months.
Must have met the specified level/rank/achievement levels.
Must have met the forum post requirements for the game.  

A large part of being a successful Game Sage is having the patience to answer the same questions repeatedly, the willingness/ability to find the answers to questions which you may not immediately know, and the willingness/ability to collaborate with a large group of people as a member of a team.

The Game Sage application process has changed! Applications are always open now. Please read and follow the instructions below (or in the original Game Sage Application & Feedback Thread) in the correct order to apply. Remember that a huge part of being a Game Sage is being able to follow directions!

Step 1: Submit a Ticket
  • Go to the Game Support page
  • Select Other as the Subcategory
  • Select the Game you would like to apply for
  • As the Subject please put Game Sage Application
  • As the Message simply state that you are applying to be a Game Sage
  • After you submit the ticket, write down the ticket number as you will need it in step 2

Step 2: Fill out the Game Sage Application
  • Go to this Game Sage Application and fill out all information
  • You MUST include your ticket number from Step 1 as this is how we will update you on the status of your application. If you do not include a ticket number you will not be considered for the program.

Step 3: Post a Reply to this Forum Post
  • In the thread linked above, click the New Reply button and include the following information:
    1. Confirm that you have completed steps 1 and 2
    2. List your in-game name and server for Eden Eternal
    3. Provide a short description of what you think a good Game Sage does
  • Once you submit your reply, you're all done!  

• Final Thoughts & Suggestions

Another misconception about Game Sages is that we are "chat police" or that we are there to get people banned, which is absolutely not the truth. We are here to help you, and we will do the best we can to help you find the answer(s) you need.

For those of you who may consider applying to the Game Sage program, please read the following suggestions from current and previous Sages which will help to improve your chances of success:

• Get to know the current GS team.
      Ask questions about the program and the process and find out what they like and dislike about it. Having a solid understanding of what you are signing up for can make a huge difference in your chances for success and your ability to enjoy it.

• Maintain a positive attitude about things.
      If you don't get in the first time, ask yourself what you can do to improve for the next time - these areas are usually pointed out by the community in feedback threads or even by the GMs in the email response to your application.

• Give it a try before you apply.
      Put forth the effort to be active and helpful in the forums, shoutbox, and game before you apply so you can get an idea of the level of activity that will be expected of you. If you don't enjoy being that active in the community or if you find that you need to brush up on your game knowledge or interpersonal skills, this will give you time to practice before you apply. It will also look good on you as an applicant.

• Keep it lighthearted.
      A little bit of humor can go a long way, not only for the people around you, but also for yourself. Rather than responding to a situation by being upset or annoyed, try to remember that it is only a game and that the entire purpose of being a GS is to help players and to make their gameplay a better experience. There is no need to be Mr. Serious 100% of the time. You are allowed to have fun, too, whether you make it into the program or not.

• Know when to draw the line.
      Frustrations can build up very quickly, and sometimes the best thing to do is nothing at all. Stop and think carefully before you respond to someone if you know you are not in the best of moods and consider how your words and attitude will be perceived. If you are chosen to join the GS team, every single thing you do and say will reflect on the entire team and program as a whole.

• Don't overdo it.
      Similar to the previous suggestion, know that it is okay to take a step back and regroup when you need to. This will help you remain positive, calm, and interested in the game and community. If you burn yourself out, you may regret your actions or behaviors later.

You should also find out what the community expects to see in a GS! (Thanks Andaro!)

If you have any more questions about Game Sages, please don't hesitate to whisper or mail one of us in-game, or to PM one of us in the forums. We will be glad to answer your questions. You may also wish to attend our semi-regular "What's it like to be a GS?" Q&A sessions, which are typically held on various dates in each server. Keep an eye on the forums for dates/times for those events to be posted.

Should you choose to apply, we wish you the best of luck!

Updates: Stylizing, link fixes, and addition of Suggestions.

Advertisement

MorridansShoes

Rank 0
    MorridansShoes
    PostedDec 08, 2011 10:46 pm
    While I am not a GS myself... it's worth being said (so that the GSes don't have to do it themselves again and again like they keep having to in-game) that *there are no special rewards for being a GS*. GSes are GSes because they like being insanely altruistic and dealing with every single complaint that players make.

BlueDude50

Rank 5
    BlueDude50
    PostedDec 08, 2011 11:09 pm
    wtf no tl;dr what is this i dont want to read a whole forum post to come a gs too much work

angel_baby01

Rank 2
    angel_baby01
    PostedDec 09, 2011 12:05 am

SupahMan

Supahman is always there to save the day..literally LOL I only saw him once xD but anyways. Certain people may seem appealing but are they really? Some GSs aren't even around all the time xD but the ones I see they seem to be around all the time which is a good thing but, the others I rarely see.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

Saltyloves

Rank 4
    Saltyloves
    PostedDec 09, 2011 7:16 pm

Re: SupahMan

angel_baby01 wrote:
    Supahman is always there to save the day..literally LOL I only saw him once xD but anyways. Certain people may seem appealing but are they really? Some GSs aren't even around all the time xD but the ones I see they seem to be around all the time which is a good thing but, the others I rarely see.  

Unfortunately we cannot all be around all the time. We tend to focus more on different duties, some of them not in-game, which may be why you don't see specific sages online often when you are online. That, and real lives + time differences. For example, I have extremely random times but I am rarely on in the morning/early afternoon hours, so someone who plays during that time may have no idea who I am.

If a GS becomes inactive, the GMs will definitely take notice and act accordingly. Smile

Dash612

Rank 4
    Dash612
    PostedDec 09, 2011 9:42 pm
    If people actually, legitimately, need a guide for this they shouldn't become a GS.

cheie04

Rank 0
    PostedDec 14, 2011 10:26 pm
    gonna try to be a GS Smile

Mitsuhide010

Rank 0
    Mitsuhide010
    PostedDec 28, 2011 9:07 pm
    lol guess im out of the question since someone just read a small sentence on a post i made once about botters and said i was promoting their actions... Lame!

angel_baby01

Rank 2
    angel_baby01
    PostedDec 28, 2011 11:46 pm

Re: SupahMan

Saltyloves wrote:
    angel_baby01 wrote:

Unfortunately we cannot all be around all the time. We tend to focus more on different duties, some of them not in-game, which may be why you don't see specific sages online often when you are online. That, and real lives + time differences. For example, I have extremely random times but I am rarely on in the morning/early afternoon hours, so someone who plays during that time may have no idea who I am.

If a GS becomes inactive, the GMs will definitely take notice and act accordingly. Smile  

I know xD but I didn't say it like they have to be around all the time I'm talking about random ones that pop up once then disappear for like weeks then come back and do the same thing.

danceadsl

Rank 0
    danceadsl
    PostedApr 01, 2012 5:09 pm
    gona try to become a GS