KungMing

Aeria: Admin
PostedDec 05, 2006 12:26 am

Problems with registration email going to hotmail accounts

We're currently seeing a lot of registration/verification emails to hotmail.com and msn.com addresses bouncing back to us. We suspect a majority may not be getting through. If you've recently signed up with a hotmail or msn account and didn't receive your confirmation emails, please send a message from the account you signed up with to us, and we'll be able to help you.

We are working hard to try and resolve this issue and apologize for the inconvenience. If someone has heard of this problem before, and/or know of a solution, please let us know.

Thank you.

EDIT: This still seems to be a current issue. We've also gotten reports of any email related to AOL. So if you are not receiving email responses from us, and you have any of these email addresses: aim.com, AOL.com, Hotmail.com, msn.com, please change your email address and submit a new ticket. We suggest you go to http://www.gmail.com and create a free account, as we seems to have no trouble with these.

-=]қяậڱђ[=-
Advertisement

SevRickman

Rank 0
SevRickman
PostedDec 05, 2006 2:20 pm
I signed up with my main email account (a hotmail one) but didn't get any of the emails, so I signed up a new account using a backup email address, and have had no problems receiveing the emails. What should I do about the other one?

krepin

Rank 0
PostedDec 05, 2006 2:44 pm
If anyone have msn/hotmail accounts and cant get the password and activation i have some help for you right here.

Gmail!
I will give out Gmail accounts for those who cant get it working so you can join us and play

Like my help? Give me a thumb up. Im not a GameSage even though my info says :)

Osiris

PostedDec 05, 2006 4:51 pm
We made some changes, and we believe we have fixed this issue. However, our testings still show hotmail.com and msn.com still like to put our mails in the spam/junk folder for no reason. Therefore, please check your junk box for our mail and allow mail coming from our domain to be on the white list. Thanks for your patience.

sleepyzealot

Rank 0
PostedDec 05, 2006 5:04 pm
Hurray I can play!!! umm question when (aproximation) does the maintenance end?

storm01st

Rank 0
PostedDec 05, 2006 5:34 pm

SPF

Admins, hopefully one of the changes involved using the Sender Framework Policy. I have heard from a few friends that it helps with Yahoo and Micro$oft spam junkings. More information is available at http://www.openspf.org/

Osiris

PostedDec 05, 2006 5:54 pm

Re: SPF

storm01st wrote:
Admins, hopefully one of the changes involved using the Sender Framework Policy. I have heard from a few friends that it helps with Yahoo and Micro$oft spam junkings. More information is available at http://www.openspf.org/  

Thanks for the pointer. The solution we put in place is along the line what you described.

Taidean

Rank 0
PostedDec 05, 2006 8:42 pm
I got the email today on my hotmail acct woohoo:)

KetskiKev

Rank 0
KetskiKev
PostedDec 06, 2006 8:07 pm
>_> I didnt get it on my hotmail account so I had to make another account to send to my newly created yahoo account.

Thus, that is why I have the name "KetskiKev" D:
It shouldve been only Ketski... >_>
OH NO, People know the first three letters of my name now T_T D: *fends off stalkers with a potato*

lthoang

PostedDec 06, 2006 10:57 pm
I think our technical people have fixed this issue with Hotmail. If anyone knows of continuing problem, please let us know.

Spread Last Chaos by putting this signature in your e-mail.