Superman0X

Game Master
Superman0X
PostedSep 15, 2011 7:11 am
I asked to post screenshots of the new stuff... and the engineers were ok with that, but management asked that I hold off, until it is working fully. They were concerned that presenting a system now that may not reflect what you actually receive would be more problematic.

The best description of what they are trying to do is that they are trying to apply gamification to the rewards system. I think that the ideas are very cool... but that management might be right in that the engineers are dreaming a bit big, and might have to scale back.

Expect to see some updates to parts of the portal to bring thing in line with the new changes.
Advertisement

blueskyboi91

Rank 5
blueskyboi91
PostedSep 15, 2011 7:20 am
cool cool

yulli

Rank 4
PostedSep 15, 2011 7:27 am
cant you keep the reward points system in place until the new system is ready?
you stopped the reward points system last night, so now if someone buys AP they will get no reward.

crystalpink

Rank 5.1
crystalpink
PostedSep 15, 2011 3:54 pm
Well, if there's an upcoming feature to replace the Reward program, I'd agree with the idea to continue the Reward program until the new feature is ready.

Just saying.

Liddokun

Rank 4
Liddokun
PostedSep 15, 2011 6:42 pm
This would be really cool and I'm quite excited by it. For those who are confused... basically it's like the Xbox Live achievement system except you can probably get prizes for completing it. A number of F2P game portals are currently using this system (like gpotato and perfect world). One example of gamification would be like say... you can play Eden Eternal until lvl 30, once you achieve that you can gain a prize (usually associated with that game or something that can be used in general or in any game). This kind of system can be used to "steer" players to certain games or used as a promotional tool and is very effective in keeping the game community "engaged".

ghostcannon

Rank 5
ghostcannon
PostedSep 15, 2011 7:16 pm
Thank you for keeping us all posted.

Aura_T

Rank 2
Aura_T
PostedSep 15, 2011 8:24 pm
NICEEEEE Cool

andaro

Rank 5.1
andaro
PostedSep 15, 2011 10:58 pm
I smell Aeriaism.....sniff sniff....right up there with Axe Body wash.....sniff sniff....and pizza baking in the oven.....

AworldOfChaos

Rank 3
AworldOfChaos
PostedSep 16, 2011 3:54 am
ooouuuuuuuuuuuu, if it is going to be like what Liddokun discribed then I'll be very much looking forward to it! (although it seems extremely hard to implement into every game, especially one's where aeria is only a host)

It's a shame the old one was removed so soon without the arrival of the new one. Although it won't make me think twice before buying AP, it still would have been nice if you'd have kept it till the new one was ready to be implemented. Sad

Dagamer01

Rank 2
Dagamer01
PostedSep 16, 2011 7:44 am
Liddokun wrote:
This would be really cool and I'm quite excited by it. For those who are confused... basically it's like the Xbox Live achievement system except you can probably get prizes for completing it. A number of F2P game portals are currently using this system (like gpotato and perfect world). One example of gamification would be like say... you can play Eden Eternal until lvl 30, once you achieve that you can gain a prize (usually associated with that game or something that can be used in general or in any game). This kind of system can be used to "steer" players to certain games or used as a promotional tool and is very effective in keeping the game community "engaged".  

sounds good but it will limit the amount of rewards a person can get. What happens if a players players say one or two games and then completes all current achievements. Then he/she's got no way to earn more rewards unless he abandons the current game and plays a new one or waits for Aeria to introduce new achievements. It'll be hard for Aeria to keep up with the hardcore players who complete all the achievements fast. And having to abandon a game and work on achievements for another is kinda lame if you have to leave a game you really enjoy (even if its temporarily)

I definitely like the sound of the new system but I am concerned about the limit it puts on players. Once achievements are done, what then? I think this system will not encourage AP purchases as much as % bonuses did, but thats just my personal opinion. We'll see what happens.