bpentz1203

Rank 0
PostedSep 05, 2011 7:01 pm

Pay to win?

Question
The only thing I fear about free mmorpg's is if they are pay to win or not. I came from Rohan online, and that is just a GOD awfull pay to win game. I would appreciate information from a vetrin and not a know it all noob. End game.. is it pay to win?
Advertisement

humulass

Rank 0
PostedSep 05, 2011 7:15 pm
Not at all. They may get some stuff faster. But it can all be done. By just putin time in. Thare no endgame payer only crude.

isellthingstoo

Rank 1
isellthingstoo
PostedSep 05, 2011 7:27 pm
Compared to Rohan, this is no where near pay to win. Anything (that I know of) that can be bought with AP here is tradeable in game, and gold isn't too hard to get either. Also, if anything isn't tradeable there's a gifting option, so you could still trade, just not so securely.

I haven't spent anything on this game and can easily compete with those that have, and there isn't anything here like the cash shop OP'd weapons that Rohan got, and don't expect there ever will be either.

Kaisen

Rank 0
PostedSep 05, 2011 8:38 pm
The only thing you really buy is some vanity items and faster mounts. Just take the time to gather gold and you can have whatever the AP spenders have.

The only thing people might (MIGHT) complain about is that some of the vanity items people buy have stats on them. Once again you can get these yourself by farming enough gold, but at the same time 5% more hp isn't gonna make that much of a difference.

If you don't wanna spend real money, you'll be fine. Just a little poorer than the AP spenders.

Fleiska

Rank 0
PostedSep 05, 2011 9:04 pm
Kaisen wrote:
If you don't wanna spend real money, you'll be fine. Just a alot poorer than the AP spenders.  
fixed.

Safety stones anyone? Getting +10 gear without safety stones will get your gold drained fast. Or chisel. Like someone in the forums said every single stat point counts in this game.

rymd

Rank 0
PostedSep 05, 2011 10:06 pm
This is undoubtedly a pay to win game, like >99.9999% of other free mmorpgs out there. I mean really.. you're asking if an aeria game is pay to win?

Fudgingo

Rank 3
Fudgingo
PostedSep 05, 2011 11:16 pm
If you don't mind not being able to PvP due to cash shoppers having +10 yellow weapons and gear then sure OP,this game isn't P2P at all.
Note: The only way to get yellow gear is through PvP.

MegaMouse

Rank 2
PostedSep 05, 2011 11:28 pm
Most of the items in the Item Shop can be gotten in-game. Excepting some moubnts and like a poster above said vanity items. They do ahve a free loot box which has given out some very nive items also. As far as beign a pay to win game, I do not think it is that way. Toom much has not been released yet and we are nowhere near getting endgame content yet.
You can actualy do very good with just quest rewards and monster drops without having to spend a ton of ingame gold either.

woodyfly

Rank 0
PostedSep 05, 2011 11:51 pm
EVERY single item can be obtained without spending real money, including all end game weapons. The only difference is that cash shoppers will have +10 gear and the average player probably not. The difference between a +10 weapon and a +6 weapon is NOT that great.

Kizuna7

Rank 5
Kizuna7
PostedSep 05, 2011 11:56 pm
AP only gives you a certain edge on this game, not so much that I'd classify it as P2P though...

~Lil_Kizuna