ExCorruption

Rank 0
PostedSep 02, 2011 9:26 pm
Unfortunately our modem is built directly into the router. So we go from phone cord ---> Router then wireless to my computer (my computer is 45+ feet away from the router).

The best way to get this working is just get a new ISP so you are assigned a different external IP address
Advertisement

darkshadow197

Rank 0
darkshadow197
PostedSep 02, 2011 10:12 pm
how to change my isp?

cpek98

Rank 0
PostedSep 02, 2011 11:27 pm
ExCorruption wrote:
Unfortunately our modem is built directly into the router. So we go from phone cord ---> Router then wireless to my computer (my computer is 45+ feet away from the router).

The best way to get this working is just get a new ISP so you are assigned a different external IP address  

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully they can get it fixed soon. i got a wire running right in the middle of my room but its temp for now.

cpek98

Rank 0
PostedSep 02, 2011 11:28 pm
darkshadow197 wrote:
how to change my isp?  

call your internet provider.

darkshadow197

Rank 0
darkshadow197
PostedSep 03, 2011 5:40 pm
what is the problem again?

tsubasa45

Rank 0
PostedSep 03, 2011 6:27 pm
Is there still not a fix to this problem yet? Besides of course, getting a new IP address. I think I've been having the same problem. I can log in, but can't get past the character list loading part.

ataraxia18

Rank 0
PostedSep 04, 2011 7:55 am
I also send my ip to you privately, hope you can help me.

Mathematicians

Rank 0
PostedSep 04, 2011 12:40 pm
This is ExCorruption, I will be temporarily using this account until everything is sorted out.

Here is a report on what the problem is (still unknown cause); I encourage anyone with the problem to post what you were doing before it happened to see if there is a possible pattern that can be traced (especially because it is kind of a rare occurrence):

----

Summary:

There are three game servers: Garnet, Emerald, and Aquamarine.

The IP addresses of each game server are 174.142.117.6, 174.142.117.9, and 174.142.117.12 (not necessarily in that order).

When you are connected to the internet, you are assigned an external IP address by your internet service provider (This is not the 192.161.1.X IP address assigned by your router, that is your internal network IP address-there is a big difference). You can look up your external IP address at http://whatismyipaddress.com/

The problem is that one of the game servers are refusing to send or receive data from your external IP address (game servers are the 174.142.117.X ones). If you have this problem, you will have the following happen:

You will open up launcher.exe like normal and have no problem receiving any game updates. You will click Start and it will load the Eden Eternal game client like normal. You will put in your Username and Password like normal. It will give you the chance to pick one of the three servers like normal:

Aquamarine
Garnet
Emerald

Note: The number next to each server represents the number of characters you created on that server.

However, when you click on a server, you will get the normal message (Loading Character list...) following the only thing that is not normal - Cannot connect to server and then you either have to try connecting again or all the screens will disappear forcing you to close down the client.

----

How to identify specifically what is wrong? You will notice that you can still log into your character at a friends house or another place; this will make many believe that something is wrong with your game client and suggest to re-install. This is not the case.

All windows users: Press the windows key + R to open up 'Run'. Then type in 'Cmd' to open up a command prompt. ping each of the game servers; (174.142.117.X listed above) by typing in:

ping 174.142.117.6
ping 174.142.117.9
ping 174.142.117.12

At least one of these will have no response (or request timed out).

Then open up network-tools.com; you will have a list of tools you can use. Select the ping tool and put in the IP addresses that have request timed out. You will notice that network-tools.com can ping to the game servers you can't ping to. The reason why network-tools.com can ping to the game server and you cannot is because network-tools.com isn't being blocked by the game server. Why the game server is blocking certain IP's, I'm not sure but I can speculate. I'd rather have an official statement vs just saying what I think happened.

PM me if you have any questions,
Thanks - Brandon

Mathematicians

Rank 0
PostedSep 04, 2011 10:29 pm
It looks like I can now ping to the Garnet Server and my brother is able to log into his account. Is anyone else having success getting on?

tsubasa45

Rank 0
PostedSep 05, 2011 11:25 am
I'm able to ping to the server now, but am still unable to get on.