celestar

Rank 5.1
celestar
PostedAug 30, 2011 7:27 pm
ExCorruption wrote:
Thanks celestar; when this happened, I assumed it was a problem with my ISP so I sent in a ticket a little over 30 hours ago explaining what I thought it was. However, now that it has been 30 hours later and I have ran into more cases of this to be able to more identify what has been going on I am afraid of creating another ticket to bother the GM's.

Should I just wait until they reply to my first to let them know what's going on?

If it was an IP block designed for macros and bots and gold sellers. (so they can't just create another account) it's probably built into the server since I can connect to the other servers just fine. I doubt it was an IP block by a GM or GS since I still have access to everything else. I work a lot with networking at my job and it sounds as if something above has been implemented.

I was hoping that one of the alt-code characters I posted corrupted something on my account because that seems a whole lot more interesting then an IP block lol, but fun is over.  

wait for the reply from the GM and reply back with more information. I'll bring this to the GM attention as well sometime tomorrow as its now maint and they're all working with ops on that
Advertisement

cpek98

Rank 0
PostedAug 30, 2011 8:19 pm   Last edited by cpek98 on Aug 30, 2011 8:24 pm. Edited 1 time in total
ExCorruption wrote:
So was I; I was doing Vialshark HQ trials... I honestly don't know what is going on but I can play my character at my friends house and I never will go to my friends house so...  

Wow, me too

edit: come to think of it it wasn't vialshark, it was Rotten II in valley of kings

cpek98

Rank 0
PostedAug 30, 2011 8:22 pm
celestar wrote:
ExCorruption wrote:
Thanks celestar; when this happened, I assumed it was a problem with my ISP so I sent in a ticket a little over 30 hours ago explaining what I thought it was. However, now that it has been 30 hours later and I have ran into more cases of this to be able to more identify what has been going on I am afraid of creating another ticket to bother the GM's.

Should I just wait until they reply to my first to let them know what's going on?

If it was an IP block designed for macros and bots and gold sellers. (so they can't just create another account) it's probably built into the server since I can connect to the other servers just fine. I doubt it was an IP block by a GM or GS since I still have access to everything else. I work a lot with networking at my job and it sounds as if something above has been implemented.

I was hoping that one of the alt-code characters I posted corrupted something on my account because that seems a whole lot more interesting then an IP block lol, but fun is over.  

wait for the reply from the GM and reply back with more information. I'll bring this to the GM attention as well sometime tomorrow as its now maint and they're all working with ops on that  

Thanks alot, hope it will be fixed before i come back from work Razz

reignbeaux1988

Rank 0
reignbeaux1988
PostedAug 31, 2011 1:57 pm

still no solution

so this issue has been known for a while now, and still isnt fixed, im having the same issue with all the pcs in my house. if any1 has figured out anything plz post :d

EarthXIce

Rank 0
EarthXIce
PostedAug 31, 2011 2:27 pm

:P

stupid server
i also had no connetion but first i couldnt log in it said my pass was wrong so i tried again changed pass and sent out ticket i can finally log in but now no server! they need to fix it fast i love this game Sad

cpek98

Rank 0
PostedAug 31, 2011 6:49 pm
i have a reply from the Tech team on what can cause this problem but i was still unable to get it to work. if this helps you guys please let us know what you did, thx

here is what then sent me:

> Update your OS with all current patches, here:
> http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
>
> Update your DirectX to the latest version, here:
> http://www.microsoft.com/directx/
>
> Update your drivers to the latest version.
> (Location dependent on your hardware)
> If you are experiencing graphics issues beyond that of outdated drivers, make
> sure that video card is working properly as graphical anomolies can be a sign
> of a failing video card.
>
> You may need to do a complete clean install of the game:
>
> Do a complete uninstall of your game. If you have problems with the uninstall,
> delete the directories, and use something to clean up the registry
> (http://www.ccleaner.com/)
>
> Re-Start your machine.
>
> Defrag your hard drive
>
> Download the latest client
>
> Re-install the game. Log in, patch, play.

ExCorruption

Rank 0
PostedAug 31, 2011 11:36 pm
The tech team is totally on the wrong track.

The advice posted above is assuming the client is at fault for not being able to establish a connection with the garnet server. They assume this because you can log into your account on someone else's computer. However, my friend (who I was able to log onto his laptop at his house) can't log in when using my internet. Showing it's nothing to do with the client or the background.

reignbeaux1988

Rank 0
reignbeaux1988
PostedSep 01, 2011 8:14 am

It maybe that but

pretty sure its this
heres my post for this issue , and proof that it is a bug causing this issue, im still in the process of getting rid of it, but thx to the wonderful encoding protection that age is using anytime a change is made to the encoding, it resets to default , which makes u unable to change the texture of character bug. Sad

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1341197

if u have any clue as to how to get rid of this , im sure alot of ppl would love u long time

cpek98

Rank 0
PostedSep 01, 2011 4:06 pm
ExCorruption wrote:
The tech team is totally on the wrong track.

The advice posted above is assuming the client is at fault for not being able to establish a connection with the garnet server. They assume this because you can log into your account on someone else's computer. However, my friend (who I was able to log onto his laptop at his house) can't log in when using my internet. Showing it's nothing to do with the client or the background.  

I'm with you on this one. Its a waiting game now until they fix this problem. I'm going to bring my laptop to my mom's to test and see if i can log in over there (different IP)

ExCorruption

Rank 0
PostedSep 01, 2011 5:25 pm
Let us know how it goes!