ExCorruption

Rank 0
PostedAug 30, 2011 12:46 pm

Re: Same issue

celestar wrote:
Adelenas wrote:
My husband is experiencing the exact same issue, he's on the Emerald server and we've tried different channels, he logs in, gets to the character loading part then the connection fails, however if he logs on to his account on my computer it works just fine so we know it's not his account. We've tried everything including a reinstall and yet nothing has worked. Any ideas?  

it works on your computer and not his? okay that means something is cached on his computer that is messed up. Have your husband download and install revo uninstaller. Use it to uninstall. It does a really good job removing all the cached stuff. Then use CCcleaner to remove all the temp files and stuff before reinstalling the game. See if that works.  

Not quite,

The Server IP's are

Emerald or Aqua (174.147.117.6 or 174.147.117.9)
Garnet- 174.147.117.12.

I have this same exact problem and Pinging to 174.147.117.12 doesn't receive any response back (this implies it is unrelated to the client). However, on my work computer, I can ping to Garnet. I think our IPs are being denied by the server; it just so happens on a different computer has a different IP.

This happened when me and my guild were playing with alt codes. We were having fun trying all different sorts of alt codes. I think someone may have implemented an automatic ip block when the chat gets spammed (we didn't mind spamming our guild chat since it was only three of us).

All of us can't connect to Garnet server, I think the people who developed the game put an automatic IP ban for those gold seller bots but didn't take into consideration that normal people who aren't spamming the public can still get IP banned.

Edit: We were not even spamming the guild chat that much, I think one of the alt-codes characters triggered the IP block while other legitimate players are being blocked by the server for other things.
Advertisement

ExCorruption

Rank 0
PostedAug 30, 2011 1:33 pm
I'm going to mention the reason why it gets stuck on loading characters is because the login server is completely independent of the game servers. If the Garnet/other server is denying your IP, you can still log into your account.

Of course, when you click on the Garnet/other server, it needs to contact that server and exchange information of your characters, this is where it gets stuck and eventually times out (because you can't connect to that game server).

celestar

Rank 5.1
celestar
PostedAug 30, 2011 1:58 pm
Ah, i assume you were both sharing an ip but on different computer. Go ahead and submit a game support ticket and include this info with it. Tell them you can access your account via another ip but not your own and tell them what you were doing prior to being blocked.

game support. This could be a new feature that was added by the devs recently since it just started happening recently.

ExCorruption

Rank 0
PostedAug 30, 2011 2:10 pm
Thanks celestar; when this happened, I assumed it was a problem with my ISP so I sent in a ticket a little over 30 hours ago explaining what I thought it was. However, now that it has been 30 hours later and I have ran into more cases of this to be able to more identify what has been going on I am afraid of creating another ticket to bother the GM's.

Should I just wait until they reply to my first to let them know what's going on?

If it was an IP block designed for macros and bots and gold sellers. (so they can't just create another account) it's probably built into the server since I can connect to the other servers just fine. I doubt it was an IP block by a GM or GS since I still have access to everything else. I work a lot with networking at my job and it sounds as if something above has been implemented.

I was hoping that one of the alt-code characters I posted corrupted something on my account because that seems a whole lot more interesting then an IP block lol, but fun is over.

cpek98

Rank 0
PostedAug 30, 2011 4:01 pm
celestar wrote:
what server and channel are people have this error on.  

All Channels and all Severs.

cpek98

Rank 0
PostedAug 30, 2011 4:04 pm

Adelenas wrote:
My husband is experiencing the exact same issue, he's on the Emerald server and we've tried different channels, he logs in, gets to the character loading part then the connection fails, however if he logs on to his account on my computer it works just fine so we know it's not his account. We've tried everything including a reinstall and yet nothing has worked. Any ideas?  

Weird, i use a desktop and my wife uses a laptop and we are playing on the same channel/sever/ip and its happening to both of us.

cpek98

Rank 0
PostedAug 30, 2011 4:17 pm

I have this same exact problem and Pinging to 174.147.117.12 doesn't receive any response back (this implies it is unrelated to the client). However, on my work computer, I can ping to Garnet. I think our IPs are being denied by the server; it just so happens on a different computer has a different IP.

I tired to log in another computer at my mom's on a different ip and everything works fine. Sad

ExCorruption

Rank 0
PostedAug 30, 2011 5:30 pm
I really don't like how this is working out... It's been almost 48 hours since this is happening and it's really happening to a small proportion of players (not big enough to get enough attention).

What were you doing when this happened?

cpek98

Rank 0
PostedAug 30, 2011 6:38 pm
i was in a dungeon quest

ExCorruption

Rank 0
PostedAug 30, 2011 6:59 pm
So was I; I was doing Vialshark HQ trials... I honestly don't know what is going on but I can play my character at my friends house and I never will go to my friends house so...