NathanCroix

Rank 0
PostedAug 25, 2011 1:36 am

Loading character list; cannot connect to server

Help please >_<
The title says it all. For the last few days I've been unable to play because I keep getting the message "cannot connect to server" when I pick a server and channel after logging in, and the message pops up after about 10-15 seconds of getting the "loading character list" message. So yea, I've tried re-downloading and reinstalling the game thrice (probably more but i don't want to bother counting), tried defragging and disk cleanup, updated my drivers etc etc. No dice.

At the start of the week the game was working fine; then my account got suspended monday or tuesdayish by a bug apparently, and i submitted a ban appeal and they lifted the suspension after checking my account and finding there were no grounds for the suspension. So now i get back, excited to play and destress a bit from work and poof! This happens...

I know I'm not the only one getting this problem, but I thought I'd make a separate thread with the full problem in the title block so people with the same issue can add their appeals for help (or if they've found a way around it, post a solution). So far, nobody's responded to the people asking for help on this issue so some official word like "we're aware of the problem and are trying to solve it" would be appreciated. A concrete working fix would be even MORE appreciated, naturally. Wink
Advertisement

cpek98

Rank 0
PostedAug 29, 2011 9:18 pm

Re: Loading character list; cannot connect to server

Help please >_<
NathanCroix wrote:
The title says it all. For the last few days I've been unable to play because I keep getting the message "cannot connect to server" when I pick a server and channel after logging in, and the message pops up after about 10-15 seconds of getting the "loading character list" message. So yea, I've tried re-downloading and reinstalling the game thrice (probably more but i don't want to bother counting), tried defragging and disk cleanup, updated my drivers etc etc. No dice.

At the start of the week the game was working fine; then my account got suspended monday or tuesdayish by a bug apparently, and i submitted a ban appeal and they lifted the suspension after checking my account and finding there were no grounds for the suspension. So now i get back, excited to play and destress a bit from work and poof! This happens...

I know I'm not the only one getting this problem, but I thought I'd make a separate thread with the full problem in the title block so people with the same issue can add their appeals for help (or if they've found a way around it, post a solution). So far, nobody's responded to the people asking for help on this issue so some official word like "we're aware of the problem and are trying to solve it" would be appreciated. A concrete working fix would be even MORE appreciated, naturally. Wink  

i have the same exact problem. acct got susp on Sat so i made another acct while i wait for my main acct to be un-suspended (i made a ticket as well) hopefully they can fix this soon.

ExCorruption

Rank 0
PostedAug 29, 2011 9:57 pm
I have the same problem, It's been over 24 hours this has been happening.

Are you on the Garnet server and located on the West Coast?

cpek98

Rank 0
PostedAug 29, 2011 11:07 pm
ExCorruption wrote:
I have the same problem, It's been over 24 hours this has been happening.

Are you on the Garnet server and located on the West Coast?  

im on aqua, not sure where garnet sever is located at but i live in the U.S and on the west cost

darkshadow197

Rank 0
darkshadow197
PostedAug 30, 2011 4:25 am
I have the same problem,and i cannot connect to all servers
and i also made another account but it go the same

can anyone here help us,
please we need your help. I want to play eden eternal again Sad

celestar

Rank 5.1
celestar
PostedAug 30, 2011 6:42 am
what server and channel are people have this error on.

Adelenas

Rank 0
PostedAug 30, 2011 11:02 am

Same issue

My husband is experiencing the exact same issue, he's on the Emerald server and we've tried different channels, he logs in, gets to the character loading part then the connection fails, however if he logs on to his account on my computer it works just fine so we know it's not his account. We've tried everything including a reinstall and yet nothing has worked. Any ideas?

celestar

Rank 5.1
celestar
PostedAug 30, 2011 11:14 am

Re: Same issue

Adelenas wrote:
My husband is experiencing the exact same issue, he's on the Emerald server and we've tried different channels, he logs in, gets to the character loading part then the connection fails, however if he logs on to his account on my computer it works just fine so we know it's not his account. We've tried everything including a reinstall and yet nothing has worked. Any ideas?  

it works on your computer and not his? okay that means something is cached on his computer that is messed up. Have your husband download and install revo uninstaller. Use it to uninstall. It does a really good job removing all the cached stuff. Then use CCcleaner to remove all the temp files and stuff before reinstalling the game. See if that works.

Adelenas

Rank 0
PostedAug 30, 2011 11:23 am

Re: Same issue

celestar wrote:
Adelenas wrote:

it works on your computer and not his? okay that means something is cached on his computer that is messed up. Have your husband download and install revo uninstaller. Use it to uninstall. It does a really good job removing all the cached stuff. Then use CCcleaner to remove all the temp files and stuff before reinstalling the game. See if that works.  

Is there anyway to manually remove the cached information without having to download and install another program?

celestar

Rank 5.1
celestar
PostedAug 30, 2011 11:26 am
I don't know all the places that the game is storing data. I know that revo does a good job getting rid of things and has been use to fix corrupted client for this game before that a normal uninstall does not fix.