globbyastro

Rank 0
PostedAug 25, 2011 7:12 pm
So after reading almost every post in this thread (i believe, i may have skipped a QQ or Troll post here or there, 14 pages, i was bound to miss a small handfull), I did not see any reasoning behind "no pre-made teams" other than stacking.

Well, here's another to consider, as the previously mentioned reason has been beaten into the ground and repeated over and over again:

You get 3 eden stars for every win and 1 for every loss, those stars are used to buy warrior chests and clas medals. If you allow pre-made teams, you run the risk of players timing it to attempt to get their teams to fight each other which can be used to abuse receiving medals and eden stars to buy more medals or warrior boxes.

in random, there's a far less chance of this type of match swapping, which keeps the items received to be less exploitable.

Also, argument as to why randomized teams are good. If players use the same team over and over in every match, they lose the possibility to meet other players and learn how to use teamwork with players they would either not know or only try to kill otherwise. It's better for strengthening the community.

The only suggestions I have currently are:
-As previously mentioned, keep PVP as 24/7. With different time zones, jobs, school, and combinations of these. Three 2-hour slots will be a problem for many.

-Partying: I think all members of a team should be automatically added into a party with each other. It's a pain to have to start a party for every match you start.
Advertisement

puppete3r

Rank 0
PostedAug 25, 2011 7:46 pm
I totally agree with your two suggestions.

The 24/7 issue has settled so tats not a problem now. Im sure the EE team are also trying to resolve the warrior chest issue asap. Thanks a lot TacTic and team!

My own opinion to pre made is similar with wat was mentioned. Its about the "imba team" who might dominates arena too much, abuse of honour coins and lack of community bonding. However, i do suggest possible events on certain periods, like maybe once a week to host a pre team areba tournament, usually more for guildies, fellow imba gear players and some of those who enjoys playing tactics with fellow friends together. Im supportive of the random team at the moment. And please be less harah towards the low level players. They can be as good as the 50s in term of playing
style. Its a lot about the tactics, not just
levels and gears.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

vrypowerfuul

Rank 0
vrypowerfuul
PostedAug 25, 2011 8:12 pm
how do you use strategy and tactics when you don't even know what classes will be on your team? you're argument doesn't make sense.

> you

puppete3r

Rank 0
PostedAug 25, 2011 8:28 pm
That depends on how intelligent you are to make use of tactics on what you are given at each round. Arena isnt a game for just strong players. You need a bit of wisdom too.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

vrypowerfuul

Rank 0
vrypowerfuul
PostedAug 25, 2011 8:32 pm
you shouldn't troll in this thread

> you

Muleak

Rank 0
PostedAug 25, 2011 8:45 pm
I really think it should stay random, or at least keep pre-made parties out of the same brackets as random. I prefer random as I think it adds to the fun; it requires skill and knowledge of each classes strengths and weaknesses to win!

puppete3r

Rank 0
PostedAug 25, 2011 8:46 pm
I dont think my post is considered as a troll. You just took it too offensively. Im just giving my friendly opinion and feedback for the current arena system. The current random arena enforce players to come up with tactics on the spot with every different round and different class combination. Even a 3 man same class team has its own tactic, though a bad combination but it can be quite fun seeing a bunch of same class paires together despite the high odds of losing.

Its best to think before you type in this public forum to avoid spamming.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

Arilith

Rank 0
PostedAug 25, 2011 8:55 pm
Changes that need to be implemented:

Premade Queues: A queue soley made for those who opt to queue in pairs or 3s.
Level bracket separation:

30-40 level bracket
40-50
51-55.

Until then, there's really no fun in queuing with a low lvl when you're facing lvl 55's and you end up with a lvl 30 on your team.

puppete3r

Rank 0
PostedAug 25, 2011 9:08 pm
A level bracket would fairer for both the high and low level players. But since the min lvl to play is only 30 and capped max at only 55, it might be difficult or a waste of resource to have too many brackets. I would suggest this fornat: 30-45 and 46-55. More brackets can be implemented when cap lvl increase in the future.

Too many brackets might lead to a long queue, more for lol lvl bracket cuz i assume most are eager to grind to higher lvl. Unless you are contented with a lvl30 and pvp all your time at low lvll bracket, eventually the low lvls will go to play at the higher bracket and the low lvl bracket arena will suffer from player lost and thus queue longer. Also, the reward system cant be the same in both bracket cuz its useless for low lvl to exchange blueprints for high lvl stuff. Also there might be a danger of farming by pros who create new low lvl acc to farm in the arena with their imba items in archive.

Thats just my personal opinion.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

Link5549

Rank 2
Link5549
PostedAug 25, 2011 9:11 pm
If you want to stack it up, go play GF, you see how well pre-made teams did for them lol.

I'm 100% for lvl brackets, the best lvl 30 on the server would get stomped by the worst lvl 55. Tactics don't matter when the lvl 30 has 5k attack and the lvl 55 has 12k+ attack xD

Posted By Aeria Mobile