Quanxiang

Rank 0
Quanxiang
PostedAug 22, 2011 7:48 am   Last edited by Quanxiang on Aug 28, 2011 9:38 am. Edited 4 times in total

[Guide] Taking Screenshots

Some options you can consider when taking screenshots.
Introduction

Hello everyone. I know that GMGreywulf has already made a guide on 'How to Take and Post Screenshots'. However, in my guide, I will also cover, besides taking screenshots, some of the options available to you when you take screenshots. If you have problems finding the printscreen button or posting screenshots, go to GMGreywulf's guide here. I originally posted this guide on my guild's forum, but I thought it would be nice to share it here too. I hope you like it:

Screenshots

If you play on medium or high graphics settings (unlike myself), you'll find that the world of Eden Eternal is filled with scenic and beautiful places. You can capture beautiful images of yourself (and others) in Eden Eternal. You'll also want to capture those precious moments that you have while playing.

How do you do that? By taking screenshots! In this Guide I will show you how to take screenshots and what options are available for you.

Printscreen

First off, look at your computer keyboard. Search for this key that's called 'Print Screen' or a short form like 'PrtSc' or 'PrtScn'. Press it.

When you do this, the game captures the image on the screen and saves it on your game folder. Usually, you can find the screenshots here:
C:\AeriaGames\EdenEternal\ScreenCapture.
Yay, you have your lovely screenshot now! You can then do whatever you want with it: Set it as your desktop background, upload it or archive it elsewhere.

Graphics Display Settings

When you want to take screenshots, you want them to look as best as possible, don't you? So, if you want to, you can change your graphics settings whenever you take screenshots. If you play on Low Graphics Display Settings (like me), you should switch to Medium. If you are playing on Medium, you can (but don't have to) switch to High. Here's how you do it:

1) Press Esc, click on Settings.

2) You will see the Display options. Click on 'Medium' or 'High'. Click Confirm, then Click Continue

Your graphics display settings should have been changed. Now your screenshots will look more beautiful with nicer-looking models, effects and scenery!

Hiding Guild Name, Title and Nick

If you want a picture without your Guild Name, Title and Nick above your head, here's how you can do it.

1) Go to Settings again, like you did above. Click on the 'Chr' tab.

2) Adjust the settings to your preference. If you don't want to see anything above your character, uncheck 'Name', 'Guild', 'Title', 'Health Bar' and 'Guild Insignia'. You will only see your character; no words/insignia above him/her.

Hiding the User Interface

Do you want to hide those windows at the sides of the screen? Yes you can. In fact, I recommend it for all screenshots that focus on the picture rather than what's going on in chat or any thing else in the User Interface.

One Simple Step. Press Alt+H to hide the User Interface. Once you are done with taking screenshots, press Alt+H to show the User Interface again.

Try rotating the camera by holding the mouse button down and moving the mouse. Also try different levels of zoom by using the mousewheel or page-up/down.

Hiding Your Pet

Sometimes you will want to hide your pet. When in group photos, the pets might get in the way. Sometimes you just don't like how your pet looks and you want to hide it.

To do this, press C to open your Character Window. Right click on the pet to unequip it. To equip it again, press B to go to your Backpack and right click the pet.

Selection Cancelling

If you've clicked on yourself, someone or something, you will see a selection diamond above the target.

It is unsightly and also sometimes covers your Guild Name, Title and Nickname:

To hide this diamond, simply hit ESC:

I hope this Guide helps. I love taking screenshots and I hope you enjoy it too!

History:
20 August 2011: guide published on Nightlings forum
22 August 2011: guide published on Aeria forum
28 August 2011: added 'Selection Cancelling'
Advertisement

SendoHX

Rank 0
PostedAug 22, 2011 8:42 am
No offense but I think you'd have to be physically challenged not to know how to take a screenshot. Guess the guide is good in terms of what it's trying to teach though.

Quanxiang

Rank 0
Quanxiang
PostedAug 28, 2011 9:37 am
I have added a new section: 'Selection Cancelling'.

Gladstone